Rotoworld.com Forums

Daniel Murphy 2019 Outlook

I think in 12 team leagues and lower, it's time to realize drafting this guy is a sunk cost and start searching the wire. The grand theory that he still has 2B and is playing in COL can pretty much be scratched at this point. If nothing else, dropping him now might at least get someone else to add him so he can drag down one of your opponents.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For the visually inclined:

Daniel Murphy career BA vs. lefties- .279 Mark Reynolds career BA vs. lefties- .234

Posted Images

Ultimately this entire debacle is Murphy's fault - he's simply not physically capable of playing a full season without endless melodrama. 

If you're not a consistent contributor you put yourself and your fantasy owners at the disadvantage of your manager not trusting you. 

I cringed when I took Murphy in 2 leagues. None of what's happened surprises me. If he was actually able to withstand the immense physical strain of the game of baseball (imagine this dude in football or hockey) he'd be simply doing his job and providing the numbers you thought you were drafting. 

He's simply not physically able to handle the job - DND rest of my life. I got him at a "discount" - because everyone else in my leagues realized how worthless this dude is.

Edited by SuperJoint
2 hours ago, Fiveohnine said:

A better question is why did they sign him to be a hitter.

Because he's been nothing but one for the majority of his career? 

That jack yesterday and the pinch hit today is vintage Murphy. He's starting to feel it, short and quick to the ball, solid contact. He looks like he's getting over the slow start that was only compounded by the injury and having to reboot the season.

The run people bought into is coming 

• Like 3

Showing signs of life: .320/.370/.560 over last 25 at bats. Hopefully he can turn this disaster of a season around. He's got 7 home games this week with 6 against righties.

• Like 1

He’s been an RBI machine lately. His average has been creeping up as well. If i recall last year he started slow coming back from the knee injury and then had a solid 2nd half with the cubs. Is he a great buy low candidate?

4 minutes ago, Ry34No said:

He’s been an RBI machine lately. His average has been creeping up as well. If i recall last year he started slow coming back from the knee injury and then had a solid 2nd half with the cubs. Is he a great buy low candidate?

Not anymore. Window closed the moment he started hitting again.

• Like 1

I got him this morning for a solid SP. he hasn’t gone bonkers plus you needed him to heat up to be interested yourself and the current owners are probably exhausted owning him. This is prolly Bench coach material but I think he’s not reached that untouchable point yet. It’s still gonna be a Colorado summer...holding all Rockies.

40 minutes ago, Phreedom32 said:

I got him this morning for a solid SP. he hasn’t gone bonkers plus you needed him to heat up to be interested yourself and the current owners are probably exhausted owning him. This is prolly Bench coach material but I think he’s not reached that untouchable point yet. It’s still gonna be a Colorado summer...holding all Rockies.

You got lucky. Generally if someone’s waited for this long for a player to come around, they’re hard to pry away when they finally start to hit 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...