jfazz23

Daniel Murphy 2019 Outlook

2 hours ago, street sharks said:

He was on the bench and came in for the double switch

Thanks, yahoo had him at 9 and I was wondering what the heck was going on. 

This guy in for a big 2nd half? Thinking about buying low on Murphy..

• Like 1

As an owner I'm disappointed.  He was injured and came back later than expected.  He plays @ COL but where has the power gone?  Lowest SLG and OBP on my team which is a fairly deep 12 teamer.  Bonehead Bud Black also sat him vs Kershaw and Bumgarner recently.   If you see more than I do then use this info and try to buy low.

Just won player of the week and surprisingly hit his first HR at Coors last week.

I can see this guy having a huge 2nd half and could be a league winner with that juicy fantasy playoff schedule.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Febonacci said:

Just won player of the week and surprisingly hit his first HR at Coors last week.

I can see this guy having a huge 2nd half and could be a league winner with that juicy fantasy playoff schedule.

He just got the splint off his finger. He was already heating up before that, and has 3 home runs since. I think he could be a huge difference maker.

• Thanks 1

Hopefully he plays more against lefties. Last time I checked he was hitting over .300 against lefties this year. 

14 hours ago, mrfrood said:

Hopefully he plays more against lefties. Last time I checked he was hitting over .300 against lefties this year. 

With the Mets and Nationals, he was always able to hit lefties. He’s one of the rare ones that you don’t have to worry about lefty/lefty matchups. I really think it has just taken him a long time to get over his injury and find his groove with his swing. Great things should await in the second half. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wow, what a tease. Goes on a little heater and then poof, crap.

2-12, 1 R over 3 games @ Coors against SF. (and sat the 4th game due to double header)

37 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Wow, what a tease. Goes on a little heater and then poof, crap.

2-12, 1 R over 3 games @ Coors against SF. (and sat the 4th game due to double header)

The giants basically shut down everyone not named Story in this series

• Like 1

On 7/16/2019 at 11:52 AM, y2jbones said:

With the Mets and Nationals, he was always able to hit lefties. He’s one of the rare ones that you don’t have to worry about lefty/lefty matchups. I really think it has just taken him a long time to get over his injury and find his groove with his swing. Great things should await in the second half. 

A broken finger affects barrel control.  Murphy's game is all about barrel control.   As he gets healthier he'll continue to improve.

• Like 1

Look for Murphy to light up the Yankees with 3 games in that lefty paradise.

He didn't light it up just now vs. the Giants in Coors.

There's also a chance he only sees Tanaka Sat. and they sit him vs. Paxton Sunday although with the DH he has a slightly better chance of making the lineup for both games.

After that, however, the Rockies likely get Scherzer, Strasburg, and Corbin @WAS.

I mean, anyone can get hot at any time. But the tea leaves don't exactly look great for this guy at this exact moment.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bigboyish said:

Has not started in 3 of the past 5 games. Am I missing something?

Not a Murphy owner, but it's perplexing to me as well. I could understand if they just knew they were out of it and wanted to play kids, shifting McMahon to 1st and Hampson into 2nd, but they've been playing Yonder Alonso over him. 

Edited by kwolf68

4 hours ago, kwolf68 said:

Not a Murphy owner, but it's perplexing to me as well. I could understand if they just knew they were out of it and wanted to play kids, shifting McMahon to 1st and Hampson into 2nd, but they've been playing Yonder Alonso over him. 

He's been in a slump. So either he's not physically right or Bud Black is really impatient. 

3-32 slump.  Benched Wednesday, day off Thursday, “getting a breather” Friday.    It’s been one thing after another with him this year.  Strongly considering moving on.  

We're getting close to the point where most guys droppable in roto anyway. Playoffs are a different matter. But personally I'm streaming when he's at home and in the lineup.

• Like 1