Joshmcd94

Courtland Sutton 2019 Outlook

What's the story on Brandon Allen?

Another miscellaneous backup QB named Allen

I was about to trade FOR Sutton but pulled back to do due diligence on Allen.

Edited by austin316

BA Baracous. Dude has a nice arm. I’m sure he’s going to be too amped and scared to deliver a good pass. He’s probably going to get the receiving corps laid out.

Flacco is mediocre on a good day but this lowers Sutton's value probably a full tier. Terrible news. I could see Flacco not taking another snap this year. 

3 hours ago, jeffnsee said:

Joe Flaccid might be out RoS with a herniated disk. If so, slight upgrade to Sutton’s RoS productivity.

Why? I just don't see it. Flacco has been among the worst starting QBs in the NFL, but Brandon Allen or Drew Lock aren't better than him.

Yeah this is pretty awful news, the only hope is he just gets peppered with tons of targets. Now, it is possible that Lock has a big enough arm to make a positive impact later on, but this is shaping up as a great young alpha WR getting totally derailed by an org that has been completely terrible at finding QBs recently.

Just traded him away once I saw the news break on Flacco. Glad I did. I want no part in this offense moving forward. You can still probably move him based on what he's done up to this point.

I do prefer Flacco, but I just traded FOR Sutton for a low price. He is still a prototypical NFL WR1. Despite the uncertainty, I hope the young guys lock onto him.

Worth it IMO.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, damageinc said:

My opinion, cant be any worse then Flacco who was awful. Just my opinion 

I concur with this logic.

14 minutes ago, damageinc said:

My opinion, cant be any worse then Flacco who was awful. Just my opinion 

It sure can - See McLaurin with Haskins (without Keenum)

Flacco sucks but he at least knows how to deliver a ball to Sutton and they clearly have built some chemistry.

Adding in a career third string QB who has had no time with the 1st team/Sutton - you're crazy if you think you'll get the same production currently from Sutton.

I have no choice but to start but I am severely lowering expectations for him ROS.

Edited by ludawg23
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, damageinc said:

My opinion, cant be any worse then Flacco who was awful. Just my opinionsutton is a borderline wr1–it can definitely get worse.  

Sutton is a borderline wr1 with Flacco.  For all of Joe’s faults, he has reliably delivered catchable targets to Sutton.  

It can and most likely WILL get worse.   Believe it.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Mariota incoming, imo ...

🏃‍♂️

😡 GTFO

id personally track down Elway and 💩 on his porch.   

• Haha 1

Just now, Impreza178 said:

😡 GTFO

id personally track down Elway and 💩 on his porch.   

he comin', prez 🤷‍♂️

Pros:

Flacco stinks

Denver stinks more now so lots of GTP ahead

Cons:

Allen & Lock probably stink worse than Flacco

With Sanders traded teams are going to roll coverage over to Suttons side

Conclusion:

Who knows.  Whenever you have a WR on a bad team with a questionable QB situation anything can happen.  Allan Robinson has had a brutal QB all season yet he's put up good numbers.  Everyone thought OBJ got an upgrade at QB, and with Mayfield struggling he's been MIA pretty much.  The point is, most WR situations can be a bit of a crap shoot. This is definitely one of those deals.

Edited by dicka24

Losing Sanders and Flacco is an absolute nightmare for Sutton. As mentioned, for the "can't be worse than Flacco" idea, look at McLaurin with Keenum/Haskins. Sutton was on pace for like 80/1300/6. It can get MUCH worse than that (and unfortunately will). 

• Like 1

Situation is getting uglier n uglier. I like his talent, but I think the perfect target in a trade is Robby Anderson

18 minutes ago, Mattmac0912 said:

I say thank god flacco is benched 

I hope I'm wrong but I don't understand this thinking. We had an eight game sample with Flacco. That's a reasonable sample in terms of reliability. Sutton was on pace for 80/1300/6. As a Sutton owner I would've liked zero changes given the exceptional production. This introduced a very worrisome variable. Could Sutton be better? Sure, but honestly not much. Could that production dip with a rookie QB? Absolutely, and I think significantly too. 

1 minute ago, BGDDYKWL said:

I hope I'm wrong but I don't understand this thinking. We had an eight game sample with Flacco. That's a reasonable sample in terms of reliability. Sutton was on pace for 80/1300/6. As a Sutton owner I would've liked zero changes given the exceptional production. This introduced a very worrisome variable. Could Sutton be better? Sure, but honestly not much. Could that production dip with a rookie QB? Absolutely, and I think significantly too. 

lock is better than flacco they didn't draft him for no reason 

4 minutes ago, Mattmac0912 said:

Lock is better than flacco they didn't draft him for no reason 

I hope you're right, but at least initially he's behind Brandon Allen, a guy drafted by the Jags in 2016 who's yet to play an NFL snap. Zero TDs and 3 INTs in the preseason this year. And I believe Elway was recently quoted as saying something to the effect of Lock not being terribly close to ready. 

Sutton is now the unquestioned number 1 receiving option.

For all you who think the end is nigh, sell high.......Forget it.      Flacco was nothing special at all.   With nothing to lose at this point, they might as well go all out and try anything.  Perhaps they have on the bench or practice squad a gunslinger.  I do not expect the Broncos to shy away from chances, they are not getting to the play-offs at this point.

They may be able to hire a gunslinger or swing for the fences so ill take that chance.  I will take Sutton  over waiver fodder.   Perhaps he will gel with an upcoming superstar? it should be interesting.

But, Sutton is the guy they are building around.  Expect him to be fed no matter who is behind center.

4 minutes ago, Sivaro said:

Sutton is now the unquestioned number 1 receiving option.

For all you who think the end is nigh, sell high.......Forget it.      Flacco was nothing special at all.   With nothing to lose at this point, they might as well go all out and try anything.  Perhaps they have on the bench or practice squad a gunslinger.  I do not expect the Broncos to shy away from chances, they are not getting to the play-offs at this point.

They may be able to hire a gunslinger or swing for the fences so ill take that chance.  I will take Sutton  over waiver fodder.   Perhaps he will gel with an upcoming superstar? it should be interesting.

But, Sutton is the guy they are building around.  Expect him to be fed no matter who is behind center.

he's almost certain to be one of my keepers I'm not getting rid of him not even close 

• Thanks 1