Joshmcd94

Courtland Sutton 2019 Outlook

The TD catch was absolutely ridiculous. Without that it's a very pedestrian day. That said, I'm encouraged by both the fact that Allen didn't embarrass himself and he seemed to realize Sutton was his number one. Should be able to start with much more confidence following the bye. 

On 11/1/2019 at 10:35 AM, Mattmac0912 said:

I say six for 60 and a score how do you like that

You were right!   I could not be happier .      Sutton is still going strong.

I'm not as encouraged as everyone else. I didn't watch the game so does anyone have some insight? The td catch was great but his production seemed to come to a screeching hault afterwards. I'm usualy more hopeful for high reception counts and more yards, tds can be flukey. 

15 minutes ago, Mrmann1 said:

I'm not as encouraged as everyone else. I didn't watch the game so does anyone have some insight? The td catch was great but his production seemed to come to a screeching hault afterwards. I'm usualy more hopeful for high reception counts and more yards, tds can be flukey. 

8 targets out of 18 passes. They barely had the ball in the 2nd half cause I think they were up. They were outsnapped a lot. A little cause for concern but hopefully they remain down in future games

It fell off because they only ran 20 plays in the second half and only 10 of those were pass attempts. 

Edited by Itachi_is_the_goat
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mrmann1 said:

The TD catch might be the catch of the year, it was that good. The flip side of that though is minus that flukey play his stat line was terrible. What I did like is it was crystal clear that Allen views him as the go-to guy as he looked his way VERY often. I still think his production takes a hit without Flacco but there were definitely some positive takeaways. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

how we feeling? every wr core has thrashed (ppr) minn. on the year outside wasington. 

Just a lot of uncertainty with the QB situation. I'd say he's a risky third receiver or flex until we have a larger sample size. Allen treated him as the number 1 and you can count on them having to pass, but minus the circus catch last game he would've had an abysmal line. Just for reference I'm starting Golladay, Gallup, and Mixon over him. 

Edited by BGDDYKWL

5 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

how we feeling? every wr core has thrashed (ppr) minn. on the year outside wasington. 

risky with the qb situation...but I feel good enough about his target share to roll Courtland as a wr2.  

Denver's got their hands on a good one.

This kid runs like a young Julio. Physically bigger, stronger and just faster than anyone in the NFL who tries to cover him.

Hoping for some blow up games since they should be en route soon. Can not ask for more as a strong low-end WR1. 

Denver really needs to force feed this guy 10-15 targets weekly. He’s legit and needs more targets. He takes contested balls and can beat his man as well.  Allen underthrew him on their first play for what could’ve been a 75 yard td (there was an illegal formation flag on the play too so wouldn’t have counted anyway)  

Maybe Fangio will get canned after yesterday’s second half meltdown. 

On another note, these refs this year just love throwing flags. I swear I saw 5 or so penalties for illegal formations yesterday across the league. 

Edited by billydough
  • Thanks 1

He's so good, really becoming the total -alpha WR1- package. Pretty amazing what he has been able to do despite the teams inability to get a QB (Allen actually looks OK, I suppose) and hiring a joke of a head coach/OC playcaller.

12 hours ago, Soafanforlife said:

Denver's got their hands on a good one.

This kid runs like a young Julio. Physically bigger, stronger and just faster than anyone in the NFL who tries to cover him.

Hoping for some blow up games since they should be en route soon. Can not ask for more as a strong low-end WR1. 

I watch him and he definitely reminds me of Julio, just runs very similar to him and they're around the same size. Would be amazing if he had solid QB to work with.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

I watch him and he definitely reminds me of Julio, just runs very similar to him and they're around the same size. Would be amazing if he had solid QB to work with.

And gets ignored in the redzone like Julio too.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

And gets ignored in the redzone like Julio too.

Was this the entire game?

One that final drive, they had 3 plays to win it but they doubled Sutton with a corner and Harrison Smith so no choice but to throw elsewhere.  Really no option there but that is what happens when you have no other weapons.

Had no idea he would make this leap in his second season- more impressed with him than Chark.

Next year I'm targeting him everywhere in the 3-4 rounds

18 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Had no idea he would make this leap in his second season- more impressed with him than Chark.

Next year I'm targeting him everywhere in the 3-4 rounds

I wasn't thrilled about him in preseason because of how he performed last year after Sanders got hurt. Solid rookie year, but taking over as the No. 1 WR midseason it proved to be too much for a rookie WR. The Year 2 comfort and growth is massive and obvious linear progression.

It makes sense given that he is a prototypical NFL WR1. Look at his body and skill set.

Lastly, if he could pull this off in Year 2 with the likes of Flacco and Brandon Allen, sky is the limit. We may be looking at a QB-proof WR1 for the next 5-10 years.

Edited by austin316
  • Thanks 1

my dude the ultimate FLEX player - scored fantasy points via catching, running AND as a passer 😎

• Like 1

Man, if he can get a franchise QB, the sky is the limit. He's abusing the Ds he faces. I compared him to a mini Calvin Johnson. I nailed that one.

9 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

my dude the ultimate FLEX player - scored fantasy points via catching, running AND as a passer 😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, decodeddreams said:

Anyone starting him this week? Tough defense but he seems to be under rated and pretty consistent every week.

Every week my man 👍 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, decodeddreams said:

Anyone starting him this week? Tough defense but he seems to be under rated and pretty consistent every week.

Yeah tough match up this week but Davante Parker just had a really nice game against them and the production has been there all season for Sutton so while it's not ideal I'll be sticking with him.

And to be fair, Buffalo hasn't really faced any dynamic WR corp yet this season, so the fact they're 9th against WRs might be a bit skewed.

NYJ, NYG, Cincy, NE X2, TEN, MIA X2, PHI, WAS and CLE aren't a murderers row of WRs.

I might argue Miami or Cleveland are the best WR corp they've faced this year.  Parker and Williams had good games in Week 7.  Landry and OBJ both had good games in Week 10.  And then Parker and Grant again both had great games this past week. 

Doesn't seem like Buffalo is impenetrable.  

Edited by Fort4242
I spell like a 3 year old
  • Like 1