Joshmcd94

Courtland Sutton 2019 Outlook

On 11/20/2019 at 10:21 AM, decodeddreams said:

Anyone starting him this week? Tough defense but he seems to be under rated and pretty consistent every week.

He is criminally underrated. The matchup is concerning but they'll likely be losing and therefore passing, and if memory serves he hasn't put up one dud all year. Very few guys you can say that about. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, topshelf10 said:

Loves this guy all year. Think he is unstartable now

QB is terrible

All those targets today and only 1 catch

Overreact much? He just had a 100 yard game with the same QB last week. 

He plays @ home against a chargers D he scored on earlier this year. Then a dream match-up on the road against HOU, a potential shootout @ KC, and rounds up the year @ home in another great match-up against DET. He's in my lineup ROS.

Mike Evans goose-egged earlier in the year and has a terrible real life QB. But I'm sure no one is benching him. (Just an example)

Edited by Nickmo
Example
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, topshelf10 said:

Loves this guy all year. Think he is unstartable now

QB is terrible

All those targets today and only 1 catch

phj4ei.gif

Amari Cooper had zero.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Nickmo said:

Overreact much? He just had a 100 yard game with the same QB last week. 

He plays @ home against a chargers D he scored on earlier this year. Then a dream match-up on the road against HOU, a potential shootout @ KC, and rounds up the year @ home in another great match-up against DET. He's in my lineup ROS.

Mike Evans goose-egged earlier in the year and has a terrible real life QB. But I'm sure no one is benching him. (Just an example)

More concerned about next week vs hayward of chargers and chargers soft vs the run

Dont get me wrong,i think Sutton is a stud in the making

With a better QB and better coaching staff

2 hours ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

How do we feel about Sutton with Drew Lock at QB? 

Let's be honest, it's a huge gamble this week, especially with the Chargers being good at limiting WRs and them getting healthier on D. Sutton has legit WR1 potential but we have no idea how Lock will look. He'd be a very volatile low-end WR2. 

Just as an example of his outlook this week, I'm strongly considering going with Shepard over him with Tate and Engram out. Another one catch game wouldn't be shocking. 

But that said, I had the same thoughts about Golladay this week and benched him, so what do I know. 

4 hours ago, hockeyfan77 said:

Rolling him out this week, not entirely confident but I don't have any better options 

Balls to the wall

Lock won't be afraid to will throw to Sutton. He's confident in himself but he's also inaccurate.

36 minutes ago, FavreCo said:

Lock won't be afraid to will throw to Sutton. He's confident in himself but he's also inaccurate.

So Brett jr.?

Lock has a big arm at least, should be able to take plenty of deep shots. His inaccuracies are a bit overblown, but he's a rook with very limited practice time...he could really crap himself out there, even with the massive catch radius that Sutton has, it is a concern. Then toss in a match-up v a very good Heyward and it is a tough draw this week. Volume needs to save him today.

Well it seems like Courtland's catch rate is pretty abysmal already I'm assuming at least partly because of crappy QB play. So doubt it will get any worse and at least we can hope for some improvement. 

Well the bad catch rate lately has been because defenses are taking note of one of the most talented young players in the NFL and shutting him down. Unfortunately a stagnant offense does little to pull attention away from him.

I'm counting on volume, talent, luck, blind hope and maybe a passing TD today to save my playoff run. Godspeed boys.

• Like 1

Sutton had a pretty good week last week as no one knew how he would be with Lock. How does everyone feel about him this week? I know he's been great this season with only 1 really bad game, some reason I'm still hesitant because of the qb situation.

1 hour ago, decodeddreams said:

Sutton had a pretty good week last week as no one knew how he would be with Lock. How does everyone feel about him this week? I know he's been great this season with only 1 really bad game, some reason I'm still hesitant because of the qb situation.

He's been too good to sit. Lock looked competent and the only reason Sutton didn't have a really monster game is they were up and stopped passing. That won't happen against Houston. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, decodeddreams said:

I don't think you can sit...I'm going to roll him out

• Like 1

4 hours ago, decodeddreams said:

Don't be silly. Don't do your opponent any favors. Play this man.

• Haha 1

No way am I sitting him. I don't think it's understood how talented Sutton is and just how impressive some of his catches have been. Now with Lock throwing him the ball, I expect him to finish the season strong.

Edited by PhilaFanBoy
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, PhilaFanBoy said:

No way am I sitting him. I don't think it's understood how talented Sutton is and just how impressive some of his catches have been. Now with Lock throwing him the ball, I expect him to finish the season strong.

His first TD Sunday was the catch of the year IMO. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

The new Calvin Johnson / AJ Green hybrid 

more julio and nuk imo but that's just splitting hairs.

• Like 1