Joshmcd94

Courtland Sutton 2019 Outlook

11 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

Ok, you lost me right there. Disrespect? Atrocious? He's a second year WR who received a great deal of hype, and those who aren't hyping him (eg me) like him a lot.

Come on man. We don't all have to think he'll have a monster year.

Im referring to dynasty leagues, where yes in some cases i think the disrespect is atrocious. 

You dont have to share my feeling, but i just dont think sutton should be going for mid seconds or included in deals like a wr3, which ive seen a fair bit of this offseason.

I am THOROUGHLY disgusted by it.

...Okay, i was having a little fun with some descriptive words, but i think i got my point across lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, dogfightgiggle said:

Ok it's a new site to me, I wasn't aware that they were drawing from a sample rather than the whole season.

It says a lot that they chose to focus on shutting down Sutton.  I wonder if the approach was similar in '16?  It would seem like a an even better strategy given the lack of a strong secondary option.

Regardless, my original point in bringing up his college career was to illustrate that I see Sutton as a good, but not great nfl receiver.  

You can't necessarily disregard the fact that Sutton can be shutdown.  He was in fact shutdown basically his whole rookie season.  As the RP article says, he is a raw prospect.  Hamilton meanwhile was a more polished product and it showed.  Sutton was also bested by Patrick, a former UDFA who has bounced around a few teams.

In a dynasty I like Sutton fine, but in redraft I will always lean towards drafting the polished player.  

In regards to Flacco's impact, I think the last few receivers to get special attention were TE Pitta, an underneath compiler type, then Crabtree and Steve Smith, a couple of gritty/aggressive/alpha dog types.  Do any of these guys remind you of Sutton?

Lol. Moreso than Theo Reddick 2

1 hour ago, Sack Exchange said:

emmanuel sanders has had an otherwordly recocovery so far.

we all know about the achilles, a career-ender for many... and we know about athletes over 30 attempting to recover from this injury... but gotta take it on a case-by-case basis, and so far it's looking great for sanders.

an understatement!

I know when that was filmed and I know he's got a long way to go, but watch any tape on prospects coming out or even the WR portion of combine. 

He's running routes. Guys like Eman that play inside need to make breaks, and hard fast ones. He was rounding out those breaks. You can't round out a break on the inside against a slot corner. 

Then there's the fact that over use can cause setbacks early on. Y'all right. No 2 human bodies are the same. Some heal extraordinarly faster than others. He very well might be ready and everything so far, even just running those routes shows me anything is possible, but he's still got a long way to go and I am skeptical. 

I guess we'll see on PUP designation day which I believe lines up very close to roster cuts to 53.

Edited by Dreams And Dwightmares

1 hour ago, Boudewijn said:

Ok, you lost me right there. Disrespect? Atrocious? He's a second year WR who received a great deal of hype, and those who aren't hyping him (eg me) like him a lot.

Come on man. We don't all have to think he'll have a monster year.

Lot of people hating hard in this thread. You're reading the same stuff as me right? 

He slid out of round 1 and lost a lot of that hype after 2018 draft when he was a lock for 1st rounder then afterwards all the captain hindsights of the world starting picking out all his flaws saying we all should've known he'd be a project. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Lol. If you didn't see it in an article it didn't happen? 

I attach a higher value to something written that I can verify with other sources (and where I can verify the tone of the article) than a hear-say "it was on the radio". 

1 hour ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Lot of people hating hard in this thread. You're reading the same stuff as me right? 

Apparently not. I just went through each and every post in this thread, and the only one I could find I would consider "hate" is dmb saying "Sutton stinks" (first page). Other than that, RMJ is negative, but not hating, and most of the rest is neutral or positive.

So... No.

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

I attach a higher value to something written that I can verify with other sources (and where I can verify the tone of the article) than a hear-say "it was on the radio". 

I wouldn’t lie to ya big guy 😉

but thats ok— trust is earned.    Take a shot on this kid and thank me later.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

I wouldn’t lie to ya big guy 😉

but thats ok— trust is earned.    Take a shot on this kid and thank me later.  

Haha, I have no trouble with you, nor with Sutton. I'm just selective in what I consider a source or a reason to adjust my predictions.

• Like 1

I apologize for starting the dust up on Sutton’s college stats.  It’s ironic because I’m the guy who thinks college performance and draft pedigree don’t matter once guys are in the league and have a chance prove themselves at the NFL level.

I am sorry for doing so and also extend my apologies to anyone I might have offended with my demeanor.  Unless you all think better of it, I’ll stick around for a while and try to behave a bit better.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bronco Billy said:

I apologize for starting the dust up on Sutton’s college stats.  It’s ironic because I’m the guy who thinks college performance and draft pedigree don’t matter once guys are in the league and have a chance prove themselves at the NFL level.

I am sorry for doing so and also extend my apologies to anyone I might have offended with my demeanor.  Unless you all think better of it, I’ll stick around for a while and try to behave a bit better.

Did you have a sit down with Goodell and got off without suspension? 

11 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Did you have a sit down with Goodell and got off without suspension? 

The security guard tried to bowl him over and it wasn't his fault.

Edited by Boudewijn
guard, not chart. Geez, I'm a nerd. Thinking of charts on a Saturday night when I should be drinking.
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Bronco Billy said:

RotoWorld is where you defend your stance blindly refusing to accept defeat, refusing to open your mind, refusing to acknowledge facts and stats, all the while calling posters who disagree with you piles of refuse.

far too classy of an apology for RotoWorld. you're in the wrong place, sir.

300px-Kenny_cheesing.gif

• Like 2

A ton of so-called experts -- especially in DFS -- were hyping this guy up every single week, and then went all-in after the DT trade only to look very silly (Peter Jennings, Al Zeidenfeld, Chris Raybon, Matthew Freedman, Evan Silva, Adam Levitan are some examples).

The embarrassment they suffered is a big source of the hate that Sutton has received.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, joshua18 said:

A ton of so-called experts -- especially in DFS -- were hyping this guy up every single week, and then went all-in after the DT trade only to look very silly (Peter Jennings, Al Zeidenfeld, Chris Raybon, Matthew Freedman, Evan Silva, Adam Levitan are some examples).

The embarrassment they suffered is a big source of the hate that Sutton has received.

i'm no expert

but i was all-in as well when DT left denver. cost me a waiver wire pick, fab money, and a week flex play.

in hindsight, it's clear that we 1) expected too much of the rookie, and 2) expected the minnesota vikings case keenum, not the denver broncos case keenum. had the vikings' keenum showed up, he'd still be in denver instead of fighting for his life in washington.

that said, i'm all in for dynasty, and sutton is dirt cheap for a WR of his pro potential... just has to sit on the dynasty bench for a couple of years +/- to see this potential manifest. not every college player's talents translate, but i believe sutton's do.

WindyIgnorantGrub-max-1mb.gif

I have been on record saying I don't believe Sanders is gonna be ready for start of season, but I just saw another video of him this morning doing really quick cuts on his feet today and I think that I'm wrong. 

I still wanna see him do a hard cut, but this dude looks like he's gonna actually be ready to start the season. 

Unless he has a setback, I think I've gotta drop Sutton down my rankings pretty considerably. It's doubtful for me on a defense and run heavy team that Flacco can support 2 WRs and if Sanders is healthy Sutton gonna take a large hit and DaeSean becomes worthless IMO. 

That pick I was intending on using on Sutton is now likely gonna become the pick I use on Sanders. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

I have been on record saying I don't believe Sanders is gonna be ready for start of season, but I just saw another video of him this morning doing really quick cuts on his feet today and I think that I'm wrong. 

I still wanna see him do a hard cut, but this dude looks like he's gonna actually be ready to start the season. 

Unless he has a setback, I think I've gotta drop Sutton down my rankings pretty considerably. It's doubtful for me on a defense and run heavy team that Flacco can support 2 WRs and if Sanders is healthy Sutton gonna take a large hit and DaeSean becomes worthless IMO. 

That pick I was intending on using on Sutton is now likely gonna become the pick I use on Sanders. 

Nah,  you’re going about this all wrong D&D. Sanders is ticketed for a slot role and his presence is fantastic for Sutton.   There’s no competition between these two.  Patrick will lose some work, and Hamilton will lose a LOT of work.    

Let’s not get carried away with expectations for a future 30 yr old wr 8 months off an Achilles year.   

Edited by Impreza178

4 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

Nah,  you’re going about this all wrong D&D. Sanders is ticketed for a slot role and his presence is fantastic for Sutton.   There’s no competition between these two.  Patrick will lose some work, and Hamilton will lose a LOT of work.    

Let’s not get carried away with expectations for a future 30 yr old wr 8 months off an Achilles year.   

I hear what you're saying don't get me wrong. 

Flacco has shown his history is to generally focus on one guy though and he often leans on that vet. 

Yes, I do believe Sanders will open things up for Sutton and agree with you, but my belief is the 8-12 targets a game I was expecting would now drop to 4-6 if Sanders is healthy. 

If expect a higher reception percentage because of Sanders opening up the outside receivers, but the lack of expected targets has ability to reduce his value too much for me to agree with current costs. 

I think flacco's reliance on a vet is really based on situation he was put into... ravens always had one... and very rarely got new toys there and when they did they couldn't get on the field... Perriman being one they had hopes for.... anyway.... I think if last year taught flacco anything it's his jobs not safe, broncos drafted a qb... flacco I suppose could play it safe or he can show a little moxie when afforded the opportunity and get the ball in his best playmakers hands...and see if he can prolong his career.... flacco and sut have been golfing buddies this year... hopefully that means they play catch while they wait on the next hole...

• Like 3

Flacco totally sucks so temper any enthusiasm with Sutton. As a dynasty owner, I'm hoping Dew Lock can make it in the NFL.

Gotten in two fights with manny sanders this week the last one with fists on the sidelines.... whats the scoop?

2 hours ago, hard1 said:

Gotten in two fights with manny sanders this week the last one with fists on the sidelines.... whats the scoop?

https://sports.yahoo.com/emmanuel-sanders-courtland-sutton-have-made-up-after-training-camp-fight-192844944.html

The Denver Broncos won’t have to worry about their two receivers throwing down with each other during games. Emmanuel Sanders and Courtland Sutton have made up after getting into a training camp fight Monday.

Sanders and Sutton reportedly threw punches at each other during a heated argument Monday. There were also reports of water bottles being thrown during the scuffle. The Broncos held a mid-practice meeting in order to discuss the incident.

A day later, things were all good between Sanders and Sutton.

Yes, I'm sure they're the best of friends now. Also, I have a letter from a Nigerian Prince, so if you'll excuse me, I'll be back in a couple weeks to buy that bridge in London.

• Haha 1

It can only be over two things... a woman or the love of Flacco...

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, hard1 said:

It can only be over two things... a woman or the love of Flacco...

Lol well played.

Cecil Lammee said it was Sanders barking at the offense over a sloppy start.    These guys both went to SMU and have been friends for a long time-    Just boiled over on a hot day.   Carry on 

Edited by Impreza178
  • Like 1