Joshmcd94

Courtland Sutton 2019 Outlook

Sutton is clearly the WR1 despite the nodd being given to Sanders.

But c'mon, 30 year old with and ACL ( Sanders) is not coming back to relevance.  This is Suttons team now    900 yards / 8 TD despite Flacco.

Sutton is super talented and he will show it this season. Another plus as I have been watching Joe Flacco for several years is he has a big arm and that will benefit Courtland Sutton.

• Like 1

I'm excited about this guy...he should take a big leap this season.

• Like 1

It was so frustrating watching Keenum and his pop-gun arm get him the ball, Flacco has to be a major upgrade. Also seems that Sutton has made progress further advancing his route tree. I am optimistic he could begin showing full on alpha capabilities this year.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

It was so frustrating watching Keenum and his pop-gun arm get him the ball, Flacco has to be a major upgrade. Also seems that Sutton has made progress further advancing his route tree. I am optimistic he could begin showing full on alpha capabilities this year.

Its honestly shocking how low Sutton is ranked considering his frame, upside and opportunity. He belongs up there with Robby Anderson, Curtis Samuel, yet is being drafted past the top 100 on Yahoo. Reggie Wayne called him the face of the next generation of young wide receivers on one of the networks. Pretty high praise. Maybe the scuffle with Sanders made people think he’s someone to avoid. Or the idea that Flacco has nothing left...that may be true but he didn’t have too many legitimate receiving options in Baltimore. 

Edited by PhilaFanBoy
  • Like 1

I picked him up in the 10th round, and no one noticed, I probably could have waited.

This guy will put up starter numbers most weeks.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, PhilaFanBoy said:

Its honestly shocking how low Sutton is ranked considering his frame, upside and opportunity. He belongs up there with Robby Anderson, Curtis Samuel, yet is being drafted past the top 100 on Yahoo. Reggie Wayne called him the face of the next generation of young wide receivers on one of the networks. Pretty high praise. Maybe the scuffle with Sanders made people think he’s someone to avoid. Or the idea that Flacco has nothing left...that may be true but he didn’t have too many legitimate receiving options in Baltimore. 

Yeah, I was shocked he fell as far as he did. 104 in my draft. Seems way too low given the upside and ceiling/floor here.

1 minute ago, Sivaro said:

I picked him up in the 10th round, and no one noticed, I probably could have waited.

This guy will put up starter numbers most weeks.

Yeah, 9th for me, and the only reason I did is because one team had been on autobid, and he was nearing he top of the automatic que. Otherwise I think I could have waited even longer.

I would think he would have a lot more hype by now....

Edited by nlm
  • Like 1

I see him as a WR3, at the moment.

I have no problems as a flex out of the gates either.  The real bonus is he will be looking at solid WR2 numbers in a hurry if Flacco returns to form.  That is very likely.  There are big chances for huge weeks throughout the season.  He will also get better as the season goes on.

We shall see, but I am not going to let him slide past round 9 in most leagues.   At this point round 8 is not unreasonable.  IMO

Edited by Sivaro

1 hour ago, Sivaro said:

But c'mon, 30 year old with and ACL ( Sanders) is not coming back to relevance.  This is Suttons team now    900 yards / 8 TD despite Flacco.

Sanders was on pace for 90+ catches 1200 yards and 6 TDs last year.  He’s shown in preseason his leg looks fine.  Not sure how you consider him not being relevant.

flacco loves throwing to slot wrs and deep ball - sanders excels at both

i don’t see Sutton as being the number 1 he will compete with Desean Hamilton, he’s not good at route running and is just a big body. He should get some Tds but they will be a run heavy team.  The only WR id want here is Sanders in ppr

Edited by gus030
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Sivaro said:

I agree that Sutton will probably be solid, but don't discount Sanders so soon. He seems to be back in action; check this end-around:

https://youtu.be/dVfAjne_KyI?t=31

There's another great play from Sanders at 1:36. That's not a guy who still suffers from his Achilles (not ACL). I think he'll be fine - which is also good news for Sutton, I think. Better to have 2 guys to open the field.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Sivaro said:

I see him as a WR3, at the moment.

I have no problems as a flex out of the gates either.  The real bonus is he will be looking at solid WR2 numbers in a hurry if Flacco returns to form.  That is very likely.  There are big chances for huge weeks throughout the season.  He will also get better as the season goes on.

We shall see, but I am not going to let him slide past round 9 in most leagues.   At this point round 8 is not unreasonable.  IMO

8th/9th round seems a bit rich for me. I rather pick a guy like Allison or Marvin Jones who is in a much better offense with a much better QB.

Edited by Evincar
  • Like 2

On 8/27/2019 at 11:28 PM, Evincar said:

8th/9th round seems a bit rich for me. I rather pick a guy like Allison or Marvin Jones who is in a much better offense with a much better QB.

I've got Sutton Allison and Valdes-Scantling begins woods and lockett who do you see emerging the best out of them

On 8/27/2019 at 6:08 PM, nlm said:

How are people viewing his upside? WR2? Flex? 

Hoping for a solid flex with some wr2 performances 

Took him in the 11th round of a 12 team league.  I'm not feeling too excited about it, but the kid has talent and you never know, maybe Flacco develops great rapport with the guy and he becomes his go to.  Not expecting much though.  

19 hours ago, Jared24 said:

Do not sleep on Manny Sanders.

That seems like it'd be very uncomfortable for both of us.    Plus I snore, i'm sure he wouldn't appreciate it.  

• Haha 2

Broncos wr pecking order:

sanders- slot/Z

Sutton- X

Patrick- Z

Hamilton- slot (backup)

I still dont know what to do with this group, but honestly prices are so low on all of them that its fair to draft any Denver WR.   I still think this is a sub .500 team so its hard to get too excited, but i'm sure someone here returns good value.   I just can't tell if its Sanders or Sutton, or if i'd rather take Hamilton for nothing.   

Just now, BrianM said:

I still dont know what to do with this group, but honestly prices are so low on all of them that its fair to draft any Denver WR.   I still think this is a sub .500 team so its hard to get too excited, but i'm sure someone here returns good value.   I just can't tell if its Sanders or Sutton, or if i'd rather take Hamilton for nothing.   

Leave Hamilton alone and nab Patrick if u want a free flyer 

Hamilton was my guy when I thought Sanders would miss some time, but now it seems like he'll need Manny to go down to get enough snaps.    

While I'm no Flacco fan, I at least prefer him to Lock, and it sure seems like there won't be an early season benching as I feared right after the draft.    

1 minute ago, BrianM said:

Hamilton was my guy when I thought Sanders would miss some time, but now it seems like he'll need Manny to go down to get enough snaps.    

While I'm no Flacco fan, I at least prefer him to Lock, and it sure seems like there won't be an early season benching as I feared right after the draft.    

Sutton and Hamilton will have good year. Flacco loves his Slot guys. So this is esp good for Hamilton. Im high on both. 

I dont like Sanders this year. Just a feeling

Sanders always kills me when i play against him, but i can't draft him.  I feel strongly that he'll have a setback if i do.   

1 minute ago, BrianM said:

Sanders always kills me when i play against him, but i can't draft him.  I feel strongly that he'll have a setback if i do.   

Same here lol