Joshmcd94

Courtland Sutton 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, BrianM said:

Sanders always kills me when i play against him, but i can't draft him.  I feel strongly that he'll have a setback if i do.   

I feel like people are overly confident that Sanders is healthy and everything is gonna end happily ever after.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you want to beat me in any given week, plug in Sanders, Drew Brees, and Jason Witten.   You're golden.      

All bias aside, i do think Sanders will at least be a strong starter, but i do believe he'll fade or be phased out later in the year, especially if they lose games.  One potential hiccup though- he's the perfect type of guy to look at as a trade candidate midseason- a la Golden Tate.    His time will be up with Denver after this year, and if he starts producing, teams will at least call about him.   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mongidig said:

I feel like people are overly confident that Sanders is healthy and everything is gonna end happily ever after.

 

I don't know, they gave him a run play in the preseason.  I doubt they'd do something that foolish if he were not showing as completely healthy.  I think he definitely has risk, but has legitimate WR2 upside.  This Denver team is going to surprise some people.  If I had to guess, I'd say Sutton would not see high volume targets unless Sanders went down with an injury.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The_Truth_Returns said:

 

I don't know, they gave him a run play in the preseason.  I doubt they'd do something that foolish if he were not showing as completely healthy.  I think he definitely has risk, but has legitimate WR2 upside.  This Denver team is going to surprise some people.  If I had to guess, I'd say Sutton would not see high volume targets unless Sanders went down with an injury.

I should have said that Sanders is gonna stay healthy. He is looking good now. I'm just feeling a false sense of security right now about how long that will last.

I do think Denver is going to surpass expectations but It will be due to their Defense. Even with Sanders healthy there is nobody that scares you on defense. Denver really needs a speed guy at WR. I think they are going to be very boring on offense. I hope I'm wrong.

Edited by mongidig

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Sutton and Hamilton will have good year. Flacco loves his Slot guys. So this is esp good for Hamilton. Im high on both. 

I dont like Sanders this year. Just a feeling

Hamilton has almost no starting value unless Manny goes down.   He’s waiver fodder.     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mongidig said:

I should have said that Sanders is gonna stay healthy. He is looking good now. I'm just feeling a false sense of security right now about how long that will last.

 

Cant deny the risk 8 1/2 months off an achilles tear.   But he’s been well ahead of recovery all summer- and this guy was wr13 in my .5 PPR league before the injury last season...going in the 6th/ 7th.   Thats ridiculous value. 

 

If he goes down this passing game goes to pot again...just like last year.  So obvious the difference when he and Lindsay are out there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Sutton and Hamilton will have good year. Flacco loves his Slot guys. So this is esp good for Hamilton. Im high on both. 

I dont like Sanders this year. Just a feeling

 

This comment is sort of an oxymoron considering that Sanders will most likely line up in the slot a lot.  

To be fair, Sutton's value is probably higher with Sanders on the field than not.  Sutton has his own standalone value...it's up to him and Flacco to realize that.  Sanders should not effect whatever they develop. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

 

Cant deny the risk 8 1/2 months off an achilles tear.   But he’s been well ahead of recovery all summer- and this guy was wr13 in my .5 PPR league before the injury last season...going in the 6th/ 7th.   Thats ridiculous value. 

 

If he goes down this passing game goes to pot again...just like last year.  So obvious the difference when he and Lindsay are out there. 

I agree! I think if Sanders stayed healthy all year Denver could be a sneaky playoff  team. Without Sanders there is literally nothing scary about this offense unless Fant develops quickly.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't want him as a starter or flex play in a 12 team league but I think he provides good bench depth and a bye week filler.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, mongidig said:

I do think Denver is going to surpass expectations but It will be due to their Defense. Even with Sanders healthy there is nobody that scares you on defense. Denver really needs a speed guy at WR. I think they are going to be very boring on offense. I hope I'm wrong.

Sounds like the Ravens offenses of the last few Flacco years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

I wouldn't want him as a starter or flex play in a 12 team league but I think he provides good bench depth and a bye week filler.

Good way to view it.   A guy with talent and upside in an everydown role who they want to get involved.    Price has come down into the double digit rounds so he’s no loss if it busts-  but big potential.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All you really want in your bench guys is some upside, plus the belief he'll get targets.    He'll check those boxes.    

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guy really checks a lot of boxes for a second year ascension. Plus he came at a very palatable price, imo. Excited to watch him Mon night and hope that (as camp reports suggested) his route tree has indeed expanded...he could be a monster with Flacco winging it to him versus checkdown Case.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/7/2019 at 12:06 PM, ST. STEVEN said:

Guy really checks a lot of boxes for a second year ascension. Plus he came at a very palatable price, imo. Excited to watch him Mon night and hope that (as camp reports suggested) his route tree has indeed expanded...he could be a monster with Flacco winging it to him versus checkdown Case.


I couldn't believe how cheap he is with what he did last year and getting himself a QB.  Got him in the 11th round at 126.  Couldn't believe he was still on the board.  I debated taking him 2 rounds earlier but liked another guy and then had to handcuff the next round.  Having him fall that far was a blessing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, marlin said:


I couldn't believe how cheap he is with what he did last year and getting himself a QB.  Got him in the 11th round at 126.  Couldn't believe he was still on the board.  I debated taking him 2 rounds earlier but liked another guy and then had to handcuff the next round.  Having him fall that far was a blessing.

Yeah I got him in the 9th Rd (132 overall) of a 16 teamer...I also debated grabbing him several rounds earlier and he kept dropping, now he's my WR4/back up flex...love it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cant wait to see what he does tonight, hes a widely polarizing player and itll be interesting to see if he can do a Michael Gallup like showing, Flacco willing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have Sutton as a great dark horse gem this year. Flacco loves to hurl the ball, and I’d bet on the young big body talent. Manny is going to get his, but he is in his 30s, off injury. Will be a good guy to keep teams honest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BigBenTheSteelerMan said:

Hes looking real great out there. Would have had more points if it weren't for a stupid penalty!

That penalty was borderline too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought he looked really really good, and not just his stat line. Looks like a big, fast #1 WR out there running around

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, humanpuck said:

Imagine if Sutton and Sanders had a QB?

Imagine if Hamilton doesn’t drop a wide open TD....

Smdh

 

Encouraging start for Sutton.  Sanders saw heavier coverage and both were fantasy relevant.    Good spot .

Edited by Impreza178

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.