Fort4242

Dante Pettis 2019 Outlook

Yeah, how terrible.  The entire Niners passing attack except Kittle is terrible.  So nothing has changed from last year.  

If Pettis had caught that pass and taken it in for a TD, would we still be dropping?  I think I would.

Jalen Hurd is going to be the guy in this receiving corps next season. Pettis is an afterthought and it's painfully obvious.

I’m waiting for the 7/140/2 game so everyone has faith again. Lol For your own safety unless your league is a 12/14 team minimum, drop for a better play weekly at least. Kittle, coleman, breida are going to see volume and really only safe plays. 

Yup... this team runs the ball a lot and mostly uses Kittle in the passing game so no WRs are going to be consistently reliable. Easy drop

They wont be able to run for 300 yards every week.   They have ravens,saints,packers,rams,Seattle coming up   Real good nfl teams.  Pettis route running was on display on the pass he dropped which would of been a td.   I still think he emerges as a wr2/wr3

• Haha 1

I was hoping his snap count would increase as he got away from the injuries but that didn't seem to be the case. He still seems like the 3rd WR. Throw in Kittle and a run first offense and it's hard to be optimistic. I'm sure he'll have a couple big games but good luck having him in your lineup for those.

30 minutes ago, fletch44 said:

I was hoping his snap count would increase as he got away from the injuries but that didn't seem to be the case. He still seems like the 3rd WR. Throw in Kittle and a run first offense and it's hard to be optimistic. I'm sure he'll have a couple big games but good luck having him in your lineup for those.

He was on the field a lot last night. Just isn't getting any targets. 

8 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

He was on the field a lot last night. Just isn't getting any targets. 

I wasn't counting but seemed like Deebo and Goodwin were out there more than he was. We'll see when snap counts come out tomorrow.

Edited by fletch44

1 hour ago, fletch44 said:

I wasn't counting but seemed like Deebo and Goodwin were out there more than he was. We'll see when snap counts come out tomorrow.

Sports Info Solutions (@SportsInfo_SIS) Tweeted: 49ers WR playtime% (MNF)

63% - Dante Pettis

61% - Marquise Goodwin

46% - Deebo Samuel

22% - Kendrick Bourne

8% - Richie James 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

63% - Dante Pettis

61% - Marquise Goodwin

46% - Deebo Samuel

22% - Kendrick Bourne

8% - Richie James 

Looks right to me. 

So, he's the number 1 WR on the team... He's just the worst #1 WR we've ever seen. Got it. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

63% - Dante Pettis

61% - Marquise Goodwin

46% - Deebo Samuel

22% - Kendrick Bourne

8% - Richie James 

I guess I was just a pessimistic viewer. Maybe I'll have to hold another week.  Ugh.

They won't roll over the Rams on the road. Hopefully we see a game script more favorable to Pettis in this one.

Pettis' breakout last year was with Beathard, or whomever.  I can imagine that there is a bit of a learning curve between JG and Pettis here.  Plus, sounds like Pettis has been nursing an injury - perhaps he still is.  The snap count is a positive sign - maybe it is because he is the best blocking WR they have. 

Wondering if there is anything to see here?

Seems like Pettis and Goodwin are settling in as the main WR's and Samuel left last game with an injury.  And a nice matchup up next with the Skins who are near the bottom of the league in FP allowed to WR's.

I'm just looknig for a plug and play guy in a deeper league this week and weighing guys like Pettis, Goodwin, Lazard, Tenn WR's, etc.

One would think at some point a SF WR has to have a blowup game.

1 minute ago, tts42572 said:

Wondering if there is anything to see here?

Seems like Pettis and Goodwin are settling in as the main WR's and Samuel left last game with an injury.  And a nice matchup up next with the Skins who are near the bottom of the league in FP allowed to WR's.

I'm just looknig for a plug and play guy in a deeper league this week and weighing guys like Pettis, Goodwin, Lazard, Tenn WR's, etc.

One would think at some point a SF WR has to have a blowup game.

Rough they play the Redskins this week not a game script ( they'll probably dominate) thats going to be conducive to a blow up game for a 49er WR, that being said its fantasy and stranger things have happened. I guess he's not the worst dart throw this week.

I think the Redskins defense is one you want to attack regardless. I agree that this game has virtually no chance to shoot out, but picking on weak defenses is key for these bye week filler players, which Pettis has unfortunately become. 

His usage is certainly trending in the right direction and he was close to a score this past weekend. If Deebo doesn't practice this week, this may be a close my eyes and pull the trigger start spot during the first bad bye week for my squad. 

• Like 1

Could have easily had 3 TDS the last two weeks. He is trending in the right direction, I doubt their are many WRs with higher upside on the waiver wire. His ceiling is a WR2 by playoffs. 

On 10/8/2019 at 2:47 AM, jbarretta said:

Pettis route running was on display on the pass he dropped...

I used to think "The Charge of the Light Brigade" was the most beautiful verse I'd ever read.  But I honestly think this sentence is even better.  Great route running... then he dropped the pass.  Amazing.