Fort4242

Dante Pettis 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

Dante Pettis last three games:
- Week 3: 38% snaps, 14 routes ran, 5 tgt
- Week 4: 63% snaps, 20 routes ran, 3 tgt
- Week 5: 71% snaps, 25 routes ran, 6 tgt

He's also already had his bye week as well. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, TheDoctor said:

Dante Pettis last three games:
- Week 3: 38% snaps, 14 routes ran, 5 tgt
- Week 4: 63% snaps, 20 routes ran, 3 tgt
- Week 5: 71% snaps, 25 routes ran, 6 tgt

He's also already had his bye week as well. 

And Hurd is on IR. And Samuel has a groin injury. And Goodwin also spent time in the blue tent on Sunday. 

Not saying it's going to happen, but everything is falling in line. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks to be trending up. Looks like we might be able to get the WR1 on an undefeated team half way through the season for cheap. He should be rostered in 12+ teams. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pettis is trending in the right direction but Jimmy Garoppolo looks every bit of a blah game manager that the 49ers don't want to have to rely on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, munde53 said:

Pettis is trending in the right direction but Jimmy Garoppolo looks every bit of a blah game manager that the 49ers don't want to have to rely on. 

 

Yuppp. Until someone challenges their defense they're going to run the ball a TON. I'm streaming Pettis this week more so because when they do throw it's gonna be him or Kittle this week. But they could end up running the ball 40 times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who is pulling the trigger on Pettis this week? Starting him over Westbrook and hoping for a 7 tgts/5 receptions/80 yards type of day, maybe we sneak in a TD. Deebo is all but out of this game also. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, SvanE42 said:

Who is pulling the trigger on Pettis this week? Starting him over Westbrook and hoping for a 7 tgts/5 receptions/80 yards type of day, maybe we sneak in a TD. Deebo is all but out of this game also. 

 

Streaming this week due to byes but it sure looks like everything is aligning well for Pettis. I would be ecstatic with your projection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kittle just eats too much of the passing game work for me. 

Is there any volume left over for Pettis considering 9ers want to run the ball 40 plus times and D is so freaking good no negative game script ever shows up? 

 

What am I missing here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

Kittle just eats too much of the passing game work for me. 

Is there any volume left over for Pettis considering 9ers want to run the ball 40 plus times and D is so freaking good no negative game script ever shows up? 

 

What am I missing here?

 

Pettis was in the doghouse but since that points has increased in targets and had 6 last week compared to Kittles 8. 

Pettis targets: 1, 0, 5, 3, 6. 

So, if you think he gets 6+ targets this week against a bad secondary, which he should with the other WR injuries, then he's worth a shot. You can say they're just gonna run all over them and they probably will, but Garrapalo has 25-33 attempts in every game this season. It's not like they are gonna go all Kirk Cousins and throw the ball 15 times.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just added this guy as my WR4. I know the 49ers love to run the ball but outside of Kittle there isn't a consistent receiving threat, partially due to injuries, and his targets keep going up, so figured he was worth an add. Plus you have to figure the 49ers can't go as run heavy as they have gone all season long.

Edited by Cord
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Firing him up with extreme lack of confidence


I might have to do the same thing. 

WASH def better against the run than the pass

Both starting tackles out; prob effects run and pass equally

FB out; key part of running game offense

Deebo out; Pettis' main competition for targets this season at the WR position

snap count trending higher50, 42, 63, 71% last 4 weeks

Things could be aligning for the Pettis breakout game. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TomBradyDaGOAT said:


I might have to do the same thing. 

WASH def better against the run than the pass

Both starting tackles out; prob effects run and pass equally

FB out; key part of running game offense

Deebo out; Pettis' main competition for targets this season at the WR position

snap count trending higher50, 42, 63, 71% last 4 weeks

Things could be aligning for the Pettis breakout game. 

Agree with all of that.  I picked him up over a bunch of "safer" options.  But in a week where I'm missing 4 starters, I need someone that could have a big game. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Agree with all of that.  I picked him up over a bunch of "safer" options.  But in a week where I'm missing 4 starters, I need someone that could have a big game. 

 

 

[...]

 

Pettis is interesting and everything on paper looks great.  The problem for me is just how irrelevant the SF WR's have been all season.  I mean, it's like 90% of the plays are either to the RB's or to Kittle.  And one wouldn't think this would be a game where SF doesn't have to get crazy throwing the ball around.  They could probably win this game just kicking FG's.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Assistant Coach content
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly think the Jets give the Pats a game this week, call me crazy. So I think all three guys above are good plays. I'll possibly be starting all three across leagues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, kball09 said:

I honestly think the Jets give the Pats a game this week, call me crazy. So I think all three guys above are good plays. I'll possibly be starting all three across leagues.

 

Every starting corner on the Pats is playing at a high level. I wouldn't feel comfortable starting any WR against them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pouring rain all day today in DC. Field is a mess. Wind gusts too. 
I like him, but SF can win this game by 21 without even trying. 
 

Anyone starting Pettis this week?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, UVA_Drew said:

Pouring rain all day today in DC. Field is a mess. Wind gusts too. 
I like him, but SF can win this game by 21 without even trying. 
 

Anyone starting Pettis this week?

 

Im in a bad spot with byes and injuries and he looks the only guy on waivers with upside.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, UVA_Drew said:

Pouring rain all day today in DC. Field is a mess. Wind gusts too. 
I like him, but SF can win this game by 21 without even trying. 
 

Anyone starting Pettis this week?

 

Um......NO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Pimpin'Texas said:

 

Same feeling so no way i'm playing him.

Good call.  I’m probably going to lose this week by a few points.  Should have gone with Beasley and the safe 10.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4th time picking him up and dropping him. keep coming back to this thread and the "target shares" keep selling me to pick him up because im super desperate in a 3 WR league. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, brosephd said:

4th time picking him up and dropping him. keep coming back to this thread and the "target shares" keep selling me to pick him up because im super desperate in a 3 WR league. 

 

Indeed you are.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...