Fort4242

Dante Pettis 2019 Outlook

8 minutes ago, yanki01 said:

was he even out there today? other than the one pass play? 

Played over 30 snaps. Just didn't get any love. I don't know what the hell is going on.

Keep the faith?  Man is it getting difficult...

14 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Hell no go pick up Deebo.

On 9/14/2019 at 5:19 PM, ukdesi said:

Meh. Deebo Samuel didn't do anything to win the position. Pettis has a good game here and the coaching staff will have to remember him.

The coaching staff did remember to put him today and he still got zero targets. That's almost worse than being forgotten last week. 

I dropped him last night for John Ross. Was very nervous when I did it because I loved Pettis coming in this year but Deebo/Kittle/Goodwin all look more involved in the passing game than pettis so even if Pettis gets his act together I don't see consistent week to week production. 

Well guys I was wrong too.  Added him before the game and I’m officially off this train.  Will try bid for D Robinson, If not I’ll grab someone else.  He’s a great guy to cut loose for something hot.  Good luck 

2 hours ago, theSPANKER said:

Ugh, I'll admit when I'm wrong.  Deebo is on waivers but not sure if we can believe in him?  

Didn't I tell you? Go get deebo....

Honestly I should have listened to my own advice!!! Lmao

Now im scrambling to get deebo, I hate uncertain depth charts man 

Edited by CABLE87
  • Like 1

On 9/15/2019 at 10:46 PM, wideopen21 said:

The coaching staff did remember to put him today and he still got zero targets. That's almost worse than being forgotten last week. 

I dropped him last night for John Ross. Was very nervous when I did it because I loved Pettis coming in this year but Deebo/Kittle/Goodwin all look more involved in the passing game than pettis so even if Pettis gets his act together I don't see consistent week to week production. 

Yeah that was horrible. I had Deebo stashed since I wasn't sure who would emerge. I picked up Pettis last week after all the coach speak, but have now dropped Pettis him. But you were right--actions speak louder than words. Actions, even prior to last weekend, by the coaching staff indicated favorability for Deebo vs Pettis.

On 9/15/2019 at 10:26 PM, SharkSwimmer said:

I wouldn't blame anyone for dropping him at this point but it seems clear his lack of production isn't due to talent is due to being in the coaches doghouse. I'm not sure what is worse but being in the doghouse at least leaves open an opportunity to succeed.

Pettis played the 2nd most snaps at WR for the 49ers this last week behind only Goodwin. There is reason for optimism based on snaps but it seems like he was mostly used as a blocker instead of an actual receiver. 

His uptick in snaps makes it look like he might be crawling out of the doghouse so there is a slight glimmer of hope. If you have room on your bench I would hold for a week or two more but I also wouldn't feel like you need to hold onto him especially if there is someone that can help your team immediately on the wire. 

I still believe in his talent but he may not be mature enough to put it to work this year. 

27 minutes ago, munde53 said:

I wouldn't blame anyone for dropping him at this point but it seems clear his lack of production isn't due to talent is due to being in the coaches doghouse. I'm not sure what is worse but being in the doghouse at least leaves open an opportunity to succeed.

Pettis played the 2nd most snaps at WR for the 49ers this last week behind only Goodwin. There is reason for optimism based on snaps but it seems like he was mostly used as a blocker instead of an actual receiver. 

His uptick in snaps makes it look like he might be crawling out of the doghouse so there is a slight glimmer of hope. If you have room on your bench I would hold for a week or two more but I also wouldn't feel like you need to hold onto him especially if there is someone that can help your team immediately on the wire. 

I still believe in his talent but he may not be mature enough to put it to work this year. 

If he was in the doghouse truly, he'd be on the sidelines still getting 2 snaps.  He got 30 snaps.  I doubt that he's being put in the game and Shanny is telling Jimmy G not to throw to him.  He just clearly is behind Deebo.  And even Goodwin. 

What I dislike most about this offense is that everybody is getting reduced snaps and the target tree is all over the place between Kittle, Deebo, Goodwin, Mostert.  It's only going to get worse when Trent Taylor and Hurd come back.  So even if he does get out of this doghouse, it's still going to be hit or miss.  I'm holding but only because I missed out on some of the hot waiver WRs this week.  If somebody else comes along, he's the first to go.

I'm staying the course, fellas...but there are a lot of empty seats all around me right now...makes me nervous.

I dropped him after week 1.  I just don't think he's worth the roster spot at the moment.  He's sitting on waivers in all my leagues for good reason.  I like the potential but it's hard to roster a non performer without a history of production at this point in the season when potential starting caliber players can be had on the wire. 

• Like 1

I'm out. I don't see how he can get a significant workload without injuries. Could backfire at me but even in my shallow league there are too many better options at the ww.

1 hour ago, dicka24 said:

I dropped him after week 1.  I just don't think he's worth the roster spot at the moment.  He's sitting on waivers in all my leagues for good reason.  I like the potential but it's hard to roster a non performer without a history of production at this point in the season when potential starting caliber players can be had on the wire. 

Agreed with all the above posters. Honestly you can safely drop Pettis right now outside of super deep leagues and likely get him back on the wire should his snap count and production go up to where we expected it during drafts.

• Like 1

Pettis spent all of his rookie year on twitter babbling about video games and cats. Now I don't expect these kids to work 100% of the time but it was just so much I couldn't even stand following him anymore. All the talent in the world but this son of a star athlete, to me, just doesn't have the resolve/work ethic to be who he could be. 

Shanahan is painfully stubborn.

Their run game is dominating.

Defense has been decent.

Kittle is the best receiving option on that team.

Jimmy has already built a connection with Goodwin.

Shanahan is already trying to make high round rookie Deebo a focal point of the passing attack.

Pettis has conduct and work ethic issues.

Did I miss anything?

46 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Shanahan is painfully stubborn.

Their run game is dominating.

Defense has been decent.

Kittle is the best receiving option on that team.

Jimmy has already built a connection with Goodwin.

Shanahan is already trying to make high round rookie Deebo a focal point of the passing attack.

Pettis has conduct and work ethic issues.

Did I miss anything?

Yes. The clip when Deebo told Pettis in the off-season who's the #1 WR in SF now:

tumblr_nnf241OCg01qelqjto1_250.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 5