murraygd13

Yonny Chirinos 2019 Outlook

I think he goes @KC next week but probably doesn't fit in 2 starts. That might come the following week, where he could face both KC and BAL. Sign me up for that!

Seems all the write ups from the "experts" believe he will go twice next week. 10 innings in a week with an increased opportunity for wins sounds like a good time to rev him up.  Would just like to know for sure if he will go twice.

Unfortunately that means he lines up @BOS over the weekend ūüėē instead of that nice 2-start week against KC & BAL I envisioned for the following week.

8 minutes ago, OrangeCrush said:

thoughts on tonights start? Who's rolling him out there?

Definitely starting him.

30 minutes ago, OrangeCrush said:

thoughts on tonights start? Who's rolling him out there?

Yes...I like the kid and I'm good with this matchup.

Hopefully this poor performance will keep him out of the rotation and in the super reliever role!

4 minutes ago, remark900 said:

Hopefully this poor performance will keep him out of the rotation and in the super reliever role!

6 innings and 3 earned isn't exactly poor. Personally, I want Chirnos in both roles all year. 

this guy's all over the place in terms of consistency.  ive had bad luck with him as i also picked him up and started him against the Blue Jays.  I'll let someone else have him after tonight

What are you guys smoking? You're disappointed when Yonny Chirinos goes 6 innings and gives up 3 runs and is most likely in line for a Win? Sorry he didn't throw a perfect game. Not a bad start at all . Jesus 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Willsea33 said:

What are you guys smoking? You're disappointed when Yonny Chirinos goes 6 innings and gives up 3 runs and is most likely in line for a Win? Sorry he didn't throw a perfect game. Not a bad start at all . Jesus 

They were losing when he was taken out.

3 minutes ago, fletch44 said:

They were losing when he was taken out.

Still a fine outing either way. Not sure how this start would make anyone jump off the Yonny train. The Rays won when Yonny started, I'm sure their management will see that as a positive and this will only help his case for remaining a starter

42 minutes ago, Willsea33 said:

Quality starts are gold these days. It was a cheap QS but I'm glad he got one. 

Edited by 2ndCitySox

41 minutes ago, Willsea33 said:

You said it, man...

images.jpeg.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 4/24/2019 at 10:35 PM, midlip said:

Is he getting another start?

Looks lined up for Monday @ KC 

Not starting tomorrow now.

Assuming he doesn't get hit too hard is it a safe bet he gets 10 innings this week with an elevated chance for wins in the long relief role?

• Like 1

I like that he can be a cheap source of extra W's in leagues with a GS limit, when TB deploys him as the 'bulk reliever' after an opener. 

Is he in line to pitch this weekend? I haven’t seen anything mentioned online but I would think he goes either Saturday or Sunday. 

Edited by Helms

23 hours ago, Helms said:

Is he in line to pitch this weekend? I haven’t seen anything mentioned online but I would think he goes either Saturday or Sunday. 

He's more than likely pitching today.  Stanek is the opener just like on Monday.

Going to plug him in there given the nice matchup (both Baltimore's offense and squaring off against Bundy)...

• Thanks 1