murraygd13

Yonny Chirinos 2019 Outlook

CBS is listing him as going twice next week at the bulk spot. If he pitched Friday, he shouldn't be going twice this week. Am I missing something?

Not sure but Snell and Morton are penciled in for thur/fri which means they have slots to fill for tue/wed. My guess is he pitches wednesday and Beeks goes tomorrow.

Yonny has only pitched 63 and 68 the last two times out and this is after going 91, 73 and 93 so who knows.

Unless something changes Beeks is reported for tomorrow. Always a bit murky with these bulk guys though but the Rays have at least been a little bit more predictable than most. 

Solid game against Toronto...kid's got skilz.  Man I wish they'd just lock him in as a starter and hit "go".  In the daily leagues I own him he's gold, but in the weekly leagues it's so difficult to deal with.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/28/2019 at 3:53 PM, Damn Yankee said:

Solid game against Toronto...kid's got skilz.  Man I wish they'd just lock him in as a starter and hit "go".  In the daily leagues I own him he's gold, but in the weekly leagues it's so difficult to deal with.

With so many starters getting blown up, even in weekly leagues I think Yonny is a lock and load in weekly leagues vs streaming a guy and getting eatin up, right?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, redlegsfan said:

With so many starters getting blown up, even in weekly leagues I think Yonny is a lock and load in weekly leagues vs streaming a guy and getting eatin up, right?

His numbers under the hood suggest regression with his low k rate. Hopefully he Keeps it up as I own him everywhere

On 5/30/2019 at 10:07 AM, Dr. Whom said:

His numbers under the hood suggest regression with his low k rate. Hopefully he Keeps it up as I own him everywhere

I'd assumed the same, but looking closer at his numbers as a starter, his strikeout potential seems to increase. His last two starts have him around 12 and 11k/9 respectively, and last year he pitched over 8k/9 as a starter. Further, his K-BB% as a starter looks to be right around 17-20%, with his last two coming in at 29 and 24%. I think he might have more to offer in that role.

Currently torn on moving him in a package for Woodruff, who seems to have a much higher ceiling. Yonny seems like the safer of the two, though, and if he ever became a stable member of the rotation I feel like he'd be a really great rotation piece.

2 hours ago, hangin n wangin said:

My opponent. So he will throw a no hitter.

Risking the jinx here, but Yonny is perfect through five ...

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Overlord said:

Risking the jinx here, but Yonny is perfect through five ...

I saw it and was close to posting it but I figured I would let you jinx it. Haha

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, remark900 said:

Anyone rolling him out today?

rolling with confidence.. hes must start status every week from now going forward

• Like 1

Man, his pitches have a ton of movement, some unreal actions...everything is pretty firm but it def works...next week 2 step in NYY and another match with OAK-- at their place. Feels like a trap but he has a 2.33 ERA v NYY in over 19 frames. I saw a tweet breaking down his numbers when starting as opposed to bulking and it seems he is better as a traditional starter and TB is obliging.

• Like 1

QS machine and he has the Yankees’ number for whatever reason. 

I haven't yet but man do I hope it's nothing and he's able to make his next start. I really need him to be healthy in a time where so many of my guys are not. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BostonCajun said:

I haven't yet but man do I hope it's nothing and he's able to make his next start. I really need him to be healthy in a time where so many of my guys are not. 

It's tricky for any pitcher, but maybe even moreso with his arsenal of everything firm and tons of split and cut fastballs.

• Like 1

Yonny Chirinos said he doesn't believe his right middle finger issue is serious.

Chirinos was lifted from his start Sunday against the Marlins after throwing five innings of one-run ball. "Just felt a little uncomfortable on certain pitches, like the slider and the split," he told reporters after the game. The 25-year-old right-hander is set to be reevaluated by the Rays' medical staff on Monday. He'll probably throw a bullpen session Wednesday or Thursday and is currently lined up to pitch Saturday in Seattle.

• Thanks 1

Get well soon.  Saturday’s start is against a rookie ball talented team.  Expecting a big performance against the punchless Mariners.

39 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Annnnd to the IL, at least it sounds like a short stint situation...?

Edited by Backdoor Slider
  • Thanks 1