SpartyOn4

Jimmy Nelson 2019 Outlook

52 minutes ago, Hatfieldodger said:

So he may be facing Yordan Alvarez on Thur? That will be a good test.

Lets hope Yordan is in the majors by Thurs? Ok

• Like 2

5 hours ago, The_Real_Deal said:

Lets hope Yordan is in the majors by Thurs? Ok

*spits drink all over the screen and then almost chokes on it*

Ok, maybe a bit drastic, but it'd be a shock.  I'm obviously right there with you in hoping since I own him too, but I'm guessing he needs to literally hit a ball all the way to Houston and hit their GM on the head before they'll call him up.

Back on topic though, it should be interesting to see how his last rehab start goes.  Obviously definitely a very worthwhile DL stash, especially since Wins are so hard to come by and he should be in line for enough with the Brewers.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, jackmurphy said:

Anyone know why he’s not IL eligible in ESPN

Was just wondering this. I searched for an announcement and couldn’t find anything.

This happened with Scooter Gennett earlier this year. ESPN removed his IL status for about a half hour.

I imagine they’ll fix this error shortly, although maybe I’m giving ESPN too much credit given how few f***s they give this year.

Just now, Ryansm11 said:

Is he going to start or be a bullpen piece? 

Hes being worked in his rehab starts as a starter, Id imagine thats what were going to see him come back and do. Chacin is a pretty easy guy to bump at present.

• Like 1

Nelson (hopefully the last) rehab start tomorrow (Thursday)...betting his first MLB start is end of next week @ PIT....

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Nelson (hopefully the last) rehab start tomorrow (Thursday)...betting his first MLB start is end of next week @ PIT....

Barring some terrible outing tomorrow, is there any reason to hesitate starting him? It's a good matchup. He might not pitch deep enough to get a QS, but unless you have unique circumstances (innings cap, etc,), this seems like a must start from the get go.

1 hour ago, AnonymousRob said:

Barring some terrible outing tomorrow, is there any reason to hesitate starting him?

The fact that he hasn't pitched in the MLB since September 2017 might be a good reason.

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Max Rockatansky said:

The fact that he hasn't pitched in the MLB since September 2017 might be a good reason.

Fair enough, but I don't see that as a reason to hold back. 

2 hours ago, AnonymousRob said:

Barring some terrible outing tomorrow, is there any reason to hesitate starting him? It's a good matchup. He might not pitch deep enough to get a QS, but unless you have unique circumstances (innings cap, etc,), this seems like a must start from the get go.

depends on your options I suppose....but as long as he looks good (which he did last Friday) I would roll him out @ PIT if I needed to...ideally sit him at first though I think.

56 minutes ago, Max Rockatansky said:

If he could only throw with his left hand he might still be a decent start v. PIT

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Members_Only_76 said:

If your ratios are already out of play then I'd go for it, if my matchup is close I will probably let him ride the pine. First start back after a long absence vs major league hitters isnt a good recipe regardless of how he's looked in milb play.

4.2 inn. 5 HA. 3 BB. 4 ER. 6 K  

Don’t like the walks, but fine with it otherwise.   

probably his last rehab start pending he feels fine the next couple days. 

Edit. After reading more more on Twitter. He had a no hitter thru 4 inn. and breaking stuff looked nasty. Tucker hit a HR off him and maybe ran out of gas in the 5th  

Edited by Members_Only_76
  • Like 7

Imagine they will give him 1-2 more tuneups. Sucks having him burn an active roster spot now but just had a new player hit the DL so swapped them out and can continue to make add/drops. Hopefully he goes out and deals gets back up to the show soon.

Edited by KrunK

4 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

I would have rather heard that they want him to get another tune up or 2 and get his endurance up.