BostonCajun

2019 Middle Relievers Thread

Who is this Austin Adams kid for SEA? Last 2 weeks 6.1 IP 14k’s 4 Holds 0 ERA .63 WHIP

• Like 2

Just now, Hatfieldodger said:

Who is this Austin Adams kid for SEA? Last 2 weeks 6.1 IP 14k’s 4 Holds 0 ERA .63 WHIP

He's been great lately! Especially with the holds and K/9.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

thank

7 hours ago, Hatfieldodger said:

7 hours ago, SpartyinFoCo said:

wow.. thanks for the alert. hadnt noticed him thanks.
13.88 K per nine in ’17, 15.15 per nine in ’18 but washington didnt give him much of a look in their not great bullpen.

kind of a tough job for him this week - first dealing with milwaukee and then houston.

Edited by tesla
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, SpartyinFoCo said:

one opener away from gaining sp eligibility in yahoo formats.  Had a good year in Triple A last year with 78 Ks (20 bb) in 46.1 innings and 9 saves but was also pretty hittable with a whip over 1.40.    Looks like he doesn't give up a lot of homers though and has a 50% GB rate thus far this year.  That's pretty good with all the strikeouts.   Not to be confused with the Tigers' pitching version of Austin Adams...

Edited by knuckleheads
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Austin Adams RP SEA is pitching really solid the last couple of weeks, in high leverage situation and as a spot opener also!

XFIP at 2.43

K/9 15.24

BABIP at .265

Edit : didn't saw he was being mentionned already!

Edited by LivingOnTheEdge
  • Like 1

Barnes has pitched himself down the totem pole.

How can a guy who can K so many guys get give up so much damage when they make contact?

What are the thoughts on Danny Salazar when he comes back? Will he pitch out of the pen or does CLE plan to start him again?

4 hours ago, whitekenyan24 said:

What are the thoughts on Danny Salazar when he comes back? Will he pitch out of the pen or does CLE plan to start him again?

Looks like they're going to try the sp route again

https://www.cleveland.com/tribe/2019/07/first-step-goes-well-for-cleveland-indians-danny-salazar-in-rehab-assignment.html

Posted (edited)

I would jump on Austin Adams now in holds leagues and especially K/9 leagues. Another 4 K’s tonight and pitched the 8th of a tie game 

Edited by WatchMeWHIP
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, WatchMeWHIP said:

I would jump on Austin Adams now in holds leagues and especially K/9 leagues. Another 4 K’s tonight and pitched the 8th of a tie game 

He's most likely gone at this point in competitive leagues.  If he's still available snag him immediately.  He's been pitching high leverage for a few weeks now, with elite ratios.

Another pitcher I would plug is Colin Poche.  Had a lot of steam headed into this year.  Scuffled in the minors and they brought him up anyways.  Gave up runs in the first few appearances, but has settled down and looking like the stud relief prospect he was last year.  His whip is 0.65 on the year.

• Like 2

It's a shame that Lugo is on the Mess. He has struggled recently, but it's because he's been asked to pitch 2 innings. If he had pitched one every time he would have been just fine.

Callaway is bad. He has a garbage bullpen but that doesn't excuse how he's ok with making Lugo pitch 2 innings but won't even let Diaz go 1.1.

3 hours ago, pduce242424 said:

He's most likely gone at this point in competitive leagues.  If he's still available snag him immediately.  He's been pitching high leverage for a few weeks now, with elite ratios.

Another pitcher I would plug is Colin Poche.  Had a lot of steam headed into this year.  Scuffled in the minors and they brought him up anyways.  Gave up runs in the first few appearances, but has settled down and looking like the stud relief prospect he was last year.  His whip is 0.65 on the year.

I've been running 9 RPs thanks to some of the SP/RP options. Liam Hendriks, Cam Bedrosian and Austin Adams have been excellent for me.

• Like 1

Andres Munoz looks like a must add in every dynasty league and potentially any league where you use a RP for more than just chasing saves. Kid throws gas and looks like the next elite RP. His debut reminds me of guys like Diaz and Osuna.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Joe Jimenez is an absolute killer. It's so hard to drop him in a deep holds league because he gets so many opportunities and he's in line to close if/when Kelly gets traded. Just so hard to justify holding him.

Anyone have some good middle RP updates to add to this thread?

Posted (edited)
On 7/14/2019 at 9:34 PM, corey_rideout said:

Andres Munoz looks like a must add in every dynasty league and potentially any league where you use a RP for more than just chasing saves. Kid throws gas and looks like the next elite RP. His debut reminds me of guys like Diaz and Osuna.

[...] he has fantastic stuff and he along with Karinchak are must haves IMO for any dynasty leagues where RP have value.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

Guys coming on strong lately, may be available:

Archie Bradley

HIrano

Diekman, just traded to A's 

Nick Goody

Posted (edited)

In 7.1 ip out of the bullpen, Pomeranz has a 0 era, 0.08 fip and 0.88 xfip with a 15 k/9

Edited by street sharks

4 hours ago, street sharks said:

In 7.1 ip out of the bullpen, Pomeranz has a 0 era, 0.08 fip and 0.88 xfip with a 15 k/9

In English, what does that mean ?

sucks losing pressley.   i guess he's a drop.  will harris is the obvious choice but he's gone in most league.  joe smith? devinski?

who is the best holds guy in minnesota -  seems like tyler duffey is better than May or Dyson but pitcherlist has him way lower.

kevin ginkel looks good but i dont like to pick a guy up to send him to milwaukee.