The 7th Beatles

Luis Severino 2019 Outlook

Y! Rankings have him way down at 123. Seems like a no brainer at that price, right? Even 120 innings of his should return value at that point I would suspect?

20 hours ago, Saucy said:

Y! Rankings have him way down at 123. Seems like a no brainer at that price, right? Even 120 innings of his should return value at that point I would suspect?

He should be pitching closer to 160-170 innings if there are no setbacks in his recovery

Got him in the 10th round today, pick 114 as reference.  I was drafting him earlier in some other leagues, which now I feel ike I should've held off.  10th round is a much easier pill to swallow.

3 hours ago, Junkie Cosmonaut said:

Between this shoulder thing and the 2nd half of last year, I'll let someone else risk it

Same here. I told myself if he falls to around 140, I'd take a shot, but he went at 103. The upside isn't there with the shoulder injury to take him so high IMO. 

His 2nd half could've been injury related.  We know he was tipping his pitches but don't know for how long.  Bottomline there's only 1 day left before opening day,  Most of us are probably done drafting and you either got him or you don't.  He's not going to be available on waivers or anything else to where any speculation really matters anymore at this point.

Edited by MrBrown

6 hours ago, sleepysock said:

Same here. I told myself if he falls to around 140, I'd take a shot, but he went at 103. The upside isn't there with the shoulder injury to take him so high IMO. 

He may very well suck this year because of the injury, but you're crazy if you don't think the upside is there for any pick over 100. He has shown his upside, which is that of a true ace top 10 pitcher. How many other guys have shown that upside at any length?

Falls to 140 eh yeash. This guys is electric and seems to have the mechanics and size to stay healthy for the majority of his career. This is just a minor blip and almost a blessing in disguise getting his adp down. He'll be a stud come fantasy playoffs

9 hours ago, bradwatson said:

He may very well suck this year because of the injury, but you're crazy if you don't think the upside is there for any pick over 100. He has shown his upside, which is that of a true ace top 10 pitcher. How many other guys have shown that upside at any length?

You have to consider the injury when assessing the upside. There are better options at 100 than severino imo. 

15 hours ago, MrBrown said:

His 2nd half could've been injury related.  We know he was tipping his pitches but don't know for how long.  Bottomline there's only 1 day left before opening day,  Most of us are probably done drafting and you either got him or you don't.  He's not going to be available on waivers or anything else to where any speculation really matters anymore at this point.

Assuming this is true and he is still hurt that is a big concern.

7 minutes ago, B&F said:

Assuming this is true and he is still hurt that is a big concern.

I'm not concerned.  As I've said, our drafts are done.  You either have him or you don't.  If you're going to drop him you're insane.  Nothing can be said right now other than to wait on updates.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, PittsburghSports said:

When will the yanks add him to the dl? Really need the roster spot.

The Yankees just made the following moves:

• New York Yankees placed RHP Dellin Betances on the 10-day injured list retroactive to March 25, 2019. Right shoulder impingement.
  • New York Yankees placed CF Jacoby Ellsbury on the 10-day injured list retroactive to March 25, 2019. Left hip surgery.
  • New York Yankees placed SS Didi Gregorius on the 10-day injured list retroactive to March 25, 2019. Right elbow UCL surgery recovery.

But no Severino! What gives?

Just now, smeeze said:

The Yankees just made the following moves:

• New York Yankees placed RHP Dellin Betances on the 10-day injured list retroactive to March 25, 2019. Right shoulder impingement.
  • New York Yankees placed CF Jacoby Ellsbury on the 10-day injured list retroactive to March 25, 2019. Left hip surgery.
  • New York Yankees placed SS Didi Gregorius on the 10-day injured list retroactive to March 25, 2019. Right elbow UCL surgery recovery.

But no Severino! What gives?

He did just go to DL in yahoo. Ask and I shall receive. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Known2bg said:

My bet is a supraspinatus tear. 

surgery?

7 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

surgery?

Seems like someone is jumping the gun a bit. I mentioned it earlier in this thread but this type of shoulder problem is often a result of biomechanical issues with the shoulder and shoulder blade and often recur in pitchers. He’s getting another MRI and they’ll decide what to do after. His first one only showed inflammation and he hasn’t done much since so it would be a bit surprising imho to see a tear show up on the 2nd. Purely speculating here, but I’d guess he gets another cortisone injection and is shut down again for a couple weeks.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Known2bg said:

My bet is a supraspinatus tear. 

Is that the Mets medical staff?

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Not feeling pain but not ready for mound work. 

He just got paid. Let the man enjoy it for a bit