The 7th Beatles

Luis Severino 2019 Outlook

He could possibly be the Eovaldi of last season that the Yanks need for a playoff run.

(let's just hope that the 2020 Severino is better than the follow up 2019 Eovaldi that we have seen).

• Like 1

I'm very torn on his potential return this season. I've clinched a playoff spot without him and haven't really factored him into any plans. My concern is that they activate him right before or during the H2H playoffs and I start him and he gets shelled. I would almost rather just not even have the decision to make.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bradwatson said:

I'm very torn on his potential return this season. I've clinched a playoff spot without him and haven't really factored him into any plans. My concern is that they activate him right before or during the H2H playoffs and I start him and he gets shelled. I would almost rather just not even have the decision to make.

Or he could come in be fresh and dominate. That’s why they call it gambling. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sonny_D said:

im wondering if the first 1 or 2 appearances at the big league level, they use him in a an opener (as the 2nd pitcher.  so he might only go 3 or 4 innings, but he could steal you a Win.

2 hours ago, Sonny_D said:

Well obviously... Otherwise I wouldn't even consider it. The upside is the only thing I'm clinging to for this season. Hopefully he's a league winner and not a league loser.

The current state of pitching is basically walking through minefields - H2H matchups will come down to whoever has the fewest explosions.

I plan on stashing Severino on the IL until he plays at least one MLB game. Too risky to play right away until we know how he'll be used.

4 minutes ago, Idoolittle said:

I plan on stashing Severino on the IL until he plays at least one MLB game. Too risky to play right away until we know how he'll be used.

Same.. I drafted him in the 8th round for God's sakes.. might as well play it out

3 hours ago, MSkibisky said:

Same.. I drafted him in the 8th round for God's sakes.. might as well play it out

Recognize the sunk cost.  Don't expect anything more than a middle reliever.  

21 minutes ago, PittsburghSports said:

Championship week. Anyone going to start him against the trout and ohtani-less angels?

I'm not. I don't see the value. He's going to throw probably 3-4 innings max. If that's the case he can't qualify for a win or a QS so he can only help in ratios, but he could also completely destroy your ratios. Risk/reward not there for me.

23 minutes ago, PittsburghSports said:

Championship week. Anyone going to start him against the trout and ohtani-less angels?

No concerns, but not sure if he can make it to 5IP to qualify for the win.