FollowTheLeader

Chris Godwin 2019 Outlook

I am high on WR CGodwin for 2019 and beyond, esp with DJax/AHumphries more than likely out the door (leading to Godwin becoming the WR2 in TB), and I found this information might :unsure: be another positive notch in Godwin's measuring tape going forward: https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/news/201783/chris-godwin-could-play-more-slot-2019.php 

*apparently the slot position is highly productive in a Bruce Arians offense.

I just hope it doesn't mean there will be another WR playing the "Z" position to Evans "X," relegating Godwin to predominately the slot/WR3. :eek:

Maybe the slot in Arians offense will operate as a WR2...?

Edited by FollowTheLeader

They'll be down 179 targets with a Humphries and D-Jax departure.    Godwin was nearly a top 25 WR before that happened, so this all seems to make perfect sense that Godwin is a WR 2 next year, right?

12 minutes ago, BrianM said:

They'll be down 179 targets with a Humphries and D-Jax departure.    Godwin was nearly a top 25 WR before that happened, so this all seems to make perfect sense that Godwin is a WR 2 next year, right?

I can see alternative spin (positive vs negative) being put on the information I posted. For example: one negative spin is Godwin will man the slot because DJax will be re-signed to play 2nd fiddle (Z) to Evans (X) <_<

While I traded for Godwin early last season with the belief Godwin would take over #2 duties next to Evans in 2019 and beyond...until DJax is gone :unsure:

Now, if DJax is gone, and Godwin does man the Z receiver spot next to Evans, with Godwin running a ton of plays from the slot position B)

Edited by FollowTheLeader

I've been in the "DJax Gets Cut" camp since last season, but the article pasted in this threads OP plus the following article, cause me to be a bit more skeptical :unsure:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2818985-buccaneers-hc-bruce-arians-reaches-out-to-desean-jackson-come-back-brother

*just go away already Desean <_< ...go screw up the Rams locker room (I've read that his ideal landing spot.)

Love Godwin's talent and if Humphries + Djax head out of town, I will definitely be targeting Godwin everywhere.  As someone mentioned, he was broderline WR2 last year with all the competition for targets, and if these 2 guys leave, there will be a lot of open targets for Godwin to absorb.  

I kept Godwin as a stash for all those reasons you listed. I also, think in PPR he is going to be in the 10-15 range possibly. I think Evans is going to take a lot of pressure off of him, but also, remember that OJ comes back. Even if he got 50-60 targets of those 179. 

I guess, what I was trying to get across is that reading the tea leaves in regards to the future WR situation in TB just got a bit muddier:

1) media reports of Godwin playing more in the slot...hmmm' (not saying Godwin operating some out of the slot is bad, unless he no longer is the X to Evans X.)

2) Coach Arians publicly advocating for DJax to return...ugh (see above)

Godwin is an immense talent, who just needs the opportunity/volume, and he'll take off (especially opposite Evans.) I'm all-in, just wanted to give a heads-up, and I'm crossing my fingers I wasn't a bit early and Godwin's time is now B)

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 10:25 AM, BrianM said:

absolutely

Djax just posted on his twitter that he enjoyed TB, but things didn’t work out and he is now looking forward to his next experience. This may finally be the year godwin gets the volume we all have been hoping he would get. 

• Like 2

I love Godwin, hopefully he gets more targets this year. The talent is there.

re: dynasty *feeling a lot better about my 2018 investment mid-season in Godwin B)

Getting Djax out of the way removes the biggest barrier, now it's Humphries turn to sign elsewhere :fingers crossed:

What type of offense is Tampa using this year. The Air raid scheme is no more correct?

I'm sure they'll make an effort to balance out the offense, but as we saw last year when they proclaimed the same thing, its easier said than done.   If they can't finally solve their run game issues, and their defense continues its struggles to keep scoring down, we're gonna see another year of a pass-heavy offense.

24 minutes ago, dashoe said:

What type of offense is Tampa using this year. The Air raid scheme is no more correct?

Do they have a choice?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, paulwall29 said:

D-Jax gone. Godwin gonna explode this year.

Humphries also has to leave.

And there goes Humphries...

Fire up Godwin in all formats!  WR20 or better this coming season!

57 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

Humphries also has to leave.

Bucs had already made it known they didn't intend to re-sign Humphries. That wasn't the case with D-Jax. Pay attention.

While we’re getting giddy about Godwin let’s also remember OJ Howard will also benefit from the targets left DJax & Humphries left behind. There’s speculation that Arians will deploy OJH in the “Larry Fitzgerald role”.

Edited by Lamont Sanford

1 hour ago, paulwall29 said:

Bucs had already made it known they didn't intend to re-sign Humphries. That wasn't the case with D-Jax. Pay attention.

Source?

Humphries is on the Titans now.  Assuming they don’t draft anyone early, I imagine they will roll out with Evans, Godwin and Watson (another potential sleeper) in 3 WR sets. Plus OJ Howard at TE obviously.

1 minute ago, Yanksfan06 said:

Humphries is on the Titans now.  Assuming they don’t draft anyone early, I imagine they will roll out with Evans, Godwin and Watson (another potential sleeper) in 3 WR sets. Plus OJ Howard at TE obviously.

Is Brate still on the team? He's a TD vulture at times.

The Harvard man is still there