FollowTheLeader

Chris Godwin 2019 Outlook

Won’t bench ya again.. unless you’re DNP on Friday.. so I’d do the same thing again

Weird week for a lot of players so even you benched theres a good shot you had someone like Hopkins, Brady, Odell etc that laid an egg or you might've played against Chubb so maybe it wont burn as much haha

One positive from this game that seems to be going under the radar is it’s the first week that Godwin and Evans both had usable games the same week. Now it took them scoring 55 to get there so we’ll see if this keeps happeninG or if it was the outlier.

19 minutes ago, Conscious Pilot said:

Bah Gawd!!!

Chris Gawdwin is the name now.

spacer.png

spacer.png

As gawd as my witness he has broken our opponents in half!!!!

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, itschief33 said:

Won’t bench ya again.. unless you’re DNP on Friday.. so I’d do the same thing again

Lol right watch hell be DNP all week and be a game time decision on game day and we bench him and he goes off again smh

• Haha 1

On 9/29/2019 at 11:43 AM, dsrich said:

As always depends on the league and other options. I’ve got him out there in two. In another, options are Waller or Ridley over him. It’s truly about what other players you have available. 

As as much as we love to try to research and predict fantasy let’s be real nobody knows a thing about what will happen today.

Exhibit A. *Crash and burn*

25 minutes ago, Kars said:

Lol right watch hell be DNP all week and be a game time decision on game day and we bench him and he goes off again smh

If you bench him next week under any circumstance you don’t deserve to win.

Edited by Gohawks
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Kars said:

I would not feel a single bit of shame in benching him again if he’s DNP on Friday. Unless you’re extremely shallow at the position then obviously there are scenarios to roll the dice but I don’t regret benching him past the obvious amount of points on my bench. Though I didn’t need it anyway.

Edited by itschief33

3 minutes ago, Boendil said:

I wonder if Godwin is/will be more of a stud than Evans is this season. What do you guys think?

I think he's going to get the vast majority of high quality targets. 

I'm going to change that to just "quality" targets. 

Edited by K197040
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Boendil said:

I wonder if Godwin is/will be more of a stud than Evans is this season. What do you guys think?

I think there's a high chance in PPR leagues for sure. Standard scoring I would still lean towards Evans.

11 minutes ago, Boendil said:

I don't know what that is supposed to mean? I mean JuJu finished with more catches and yards, but Antonio Brown was ahead of him in the fantasy rankings last year. I think they (Evans and Godwin) can both be studs this season if Winston keeps playing well. The way both are used, I don't see much separation in the rankings by the end of the year.

Edited by FitzMagic

15 hours ago, SadFaceHappy said:

2019 Godwin = 2018 Juju

...but, apparently, with a higher ceiling 

And without the nut job lining up on the other side. 

17 minutes ago, itschief33 said:

I would not feel a single bit of shame in benching him again if he’s DNP on Friday. Unless you’re extremely shallow at the position then obviously there are scenarios to roll the dice but I don’t regret benching him past the obvious amount of points on my bench. Though I didn’t need it anyway.

And there's the important factoid.  Obviously if the 41 PPR points was the difference in somebody losing, there is going to be regret.  I guarantee you would feel awful if you lose next week with him on your bench going off again.

Fantasy is cruel.  Godwin is iffy to even suit up this week, owners sit him, he goes off for 41.2 points.  Mecole Hardman is the shiny sleek thing in the "can't go wrong" KC offense and he gets 0.2 points.  Imagine if that was your decision yesterday morning.  But that's the fun of it too.  Best ball leagues just aren't interesting enough for me, but those leagues are really the only ones where everyone 100% benefitted from Godwin's explosion.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dlionsfan901 said:

Anyone own both Mike Evans and Chris Godwin? I own both.  Not sure how I feel about it but I think both of them eat.  

Have both in PPR, been trying to unload Evans. I prefer Godwin ROS - just think he is the much safer play. Definitely not unloading Evans for cheap though, I view them both as back end WR1s.

5 minutes ago, Bringthesonicsback said:

Sold to a TB homer and got Juju last week. I think I lost.

Sorry for your loss.

40 minutes ago, itschief33 said:

The only mistake is the one from which we learn nothing.

• Like 2

I bench him this week for Shepard...

Too difficult to know if winston will do a big game and who between Evans and Godwin will be THE man! 
so difficult...

31 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

The only mistake is the one from which we learn nothing.

So I’ll ignore the other times I didn’t bench someone because of a late DNP/limited and that person was on a snap count or reinjured themselves. In my experience, which I try to learn from, late injury additions in the week aren’t good things for skill players and I’ll keep playing that way.

Edited by itschief33

14 hours ago, itschief33 said:

but he did practice last Friday?

1 minute ago, dakimbell said:

but he did practice last Friday?

You are correct. My mistake, Thursday. 

1 minute ago, itschief33 said:

You are correct. My mistake, Thursday. 

no worries, i do get where you are coming from, he only did get a limited session on Friday, and usually guys that show up on the injury report and don't practice all week underperform. add in the fact that he was a 3pm start this week, it was a tough call whether to play him or not.