FollowTheLeader

Chris Godwin 2019 Outlook

Easy to say now, but once I saw he logged a practice Friday and then heard news that he was planning to play, I put him in the lineup.

But I can't lie, it was close...err, I mean...I never doubted him, started him all along! ;)

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Easy to say now, but once I saw he logged a practice Friday and then heard news that he was planning to play, I put him in the lineup.

But I can't lie, it was close...err, I mean...I never doubted him, started him all along! ;)

Hahaha , always start your Stud's am I right , sounds cliche as hell but there's a reason we drafted him so high. I'm sure it was the combination of the hip injury and the RAMS matchup that put so many people off . But one thing I've learned over the years in fantasy... is always play your best players if they suit up. Matchups are vastly overrated, how many hundreds of times have our starters choked on a great matchup, and balled out on a difficult one. I only look at matchups for my bye-weeks and Flex plays . 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, dlionsfan901 said:

Anyone own both Mike Evans and Chris Godwin? I own both.  Not sure how I feel about it but I think both of them eat.  

0.5PPR their joint totals so far are:

Game 1: 12.8+3.8=16.6

Game 2: 22.1+8.1=30.2

Game 3: 5.5+41=46.5

Game 4: 35.2+16.9=52.1

So you can be pretty happy starting them both, and also you can expect them to get about 60pts between them next week if they stay on trend 😀.

• Like 2

I really like his matchup this week. Expect Lattinore to shadow Evans and Godwin to get a lot of looks his way.

Edited by LionKid90
  • Like 1

What I’ve noticed is Godwin has his best games when Evans gets shadowed by an elite corner.

Evans gets shadowed by Bradberry, Godwin gets a lot of work.

Evans goes up against Talib and Peters on the outside, Godwin goes to work in the slot.

Giants entire secondary is weak, Evans has a great game and Godwin barely gets the ball thrown his way.

3 minutes ago, LionKid90 said:

What I’ve noticed is Godwin has his best games when Evans gets shadowed by an elite corner.

Evans gets shadowed by Bradberry, Godwin gets a lot of work.

Evans goes up against Talib and Peters on the outside, Godwin goes to work in the slot.

Giants entire secondary is weak, Evans has a great game and Godwin barely gets the ball thrown his way.

Still a small sample size. But all I know is the I'd be 4-0 if I had started them both every week. I don't care if Godwin doesn't practice once this week, he's active I'm starting him.

11 hours ago, dlionsfan901 said:

Anyone own both Mike Evans and Chris Godwin? I own both.  Not sure how I feel about it but I think both of them eat.  

I own both of them PLUS Winston so feeling Mighty right now.  

Godwin is currently the #2 scoring WR in standard fantasy. Evans is #3. I think it is becoming more realistic that he can finish as a WR1.

• Like 1

What receivers would you value above Godwin right now? 

Allen, Thomas, Julio, Hopkins obviously.

Davante Adams?

4 minutes ago, CamNewton said:

Davante Adams?

possibly cooper kupp as well. 

1 minute ago, CamNewton said:

Davante Adams?

I'm not so sure about "obviously" about all of those.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CamNewton said:

Davante Adams?

above Godwin are:

Nuk

Julio

Allen

Adams

OBJ

MT

Cooper

Evans

Kupp

Hill

JuJu

Godwin in same tier as:

Lockett

Thielen

Cooks

Golladay

Woods

Hilton

Watkins

Edelman

Just now, Members_Only_76 said:

above Godwin are:

Nuk

Julio

Allen

Adams

OBJ

MT

Cooper

Evans

Kupp

Hill

JuJu

Godwin in same tier as:

Lockett

Thielen

Cooks

Golladay

Woods

Hilton

Watkins

Edelman

Phew. I’d much rather have Godwin ROS than Juju. 

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

If someone offered me Juju for Godwin it would be a pretty quick reject and/or counter-offer coming their way

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

Easy to say right now, time will tell. As a Godwin owner, I hope you're right come week 16.

1 hour ago, Members_Only_76 said:

above Godwin are:

Nuk

Julio

Allen

Adams

OBJ

MT

Cooper

Evans

Kupp

Hill

JuJu

Godwin in same tier as:

Lockett

Thielen

Cooks

Golladay

Woods

Hilton

Watkins

Edelman

This guy sounds like he missed last week's games.

Here's the people in front of Godwin for fantasy production 25% through the season:

Keenan Allen

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, pushaZ said:

This guy sounds like he missed last week's games.

Here's the people in front of Godwin for fantasy production 25% through the season:

Keenan Allen

But he was answering the question pertaining to value. The guy listed players he values over Godwin, not saying he wasn't statistically better so far. The only one that doesn't belong there is JuJu. An argument can be made for valuing him over Evans, somewhat, even though they are 1A and 1B. Possibly Cooper? But he's pretty reliable in his new home as a #1. But yeah, if you had any of those receivers, you'd trade them for Godwin? That would for sure take 🥜 when the guys on that list, outside of Kupp, have been stars in the league for multiple seasons.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

But he was answering the question pertaining to value. The guy listed players he values over Godwin, not saying he wasn't statistically better so far. The only one that doesn't belong there is JuJu. An argument can be made for valuing him over Evans, somewhat, even though they are 1A and 1B. Possibly Cooper? But he's pretty reliable in his new home as a #1. But yeah, if you had any of those receivers, you'd trade them for Godwin? That would for sure take 🥜 when the guys on that list, outside of Kupp, have been stars in the league for multiple seasons.

If someone says they value the #2 receiver in fantasy 3rd year breakout who is doing exactly what their coach said that he'd do, go for 100 catches, in a coaching situation identical to Larry Fitz in his prime,

To Tyler Lockett,

They aren't great valuators.

Godwin is easily top 10 and quite likely top 5. The only top 10 talent to not see shadow coverage from top corners.

• Like 2

Only guys I'd prefer to Godwin at WR are Julio, Nuk, Allen, Adams, Thomas, and Cooper. 

It's so hard to debate Godwin and Evans. They play on the same team, and while Evans is the better overall player he draws the much tougher match ups and gets keyed in on by the defense.

JuJu, no way. That guy looks like a borderline WR2. He is nothing more than name value right now. You are only as good as your QB, and I'd be very worried if I owned him. I think most people on here would agree they prefer to Godwin to Juju.

Theilin is basically the same as Godwin as they both play in the slot, but I much prefer the Bucs offense to the Vikings. Minnesota will always be run first and play in lower scoring games with their defense. Godwin has the much safer floor, just see last week.

Tyreek will be much more valuable, but he has already missed games. Kupp is debatable with Godwin, they are close. I'd take Godwin ahead of Cooks, Woods, Hilton, Lockett, and Golloday.

• Like 1

I’m trying to [acquire] Godwin. If you’re aware of the current Steelers situation, you don’t want Juju. I think Evans/Godwin can be a good duo ROS like Diggs/ Thielen the past couple years 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Assistant Coach content
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, pushaZ said:

If someone says they value the #2 receiver in fantasy 3rd year breakout who is doing exactly what their coach said that he'd do, go for 100 catches, in a coaching situation identical to Larry Fitz in his prime,

To Tyler Lockett,

Godwin is easily top 10 and quite likely top 5. The only top 10 talent to not see shadow coverage from top corners.

I guess I'm a bad "valuator". 😂

Go look at the list of players who have outscored high end players through 25% of the season. Who cares?

Btw, Lockett has scored more than OBJ, Nuk and Davante. That matters to you on "valuating" Lockett too right? Point is, it's not just about how many points a player has scored up to this point. There's more to "valuating" players than that.

P.S. if you read this thread I've been all aboard the Godwin train and I'm the one who linked the article about him getting 100 catches. I drafted him in both leagues I'm in. I have him as a top 12 WR in season long leagues. That needle could move as the season progresses btw. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LionKid90 said:

Only guys I'd prefer to Godwin at WR are Julio, Nuk, Allen, Adams, Thomas, and Cooper. 

It's so hard to debate Godwin and Evans. They play on the same team, and while Evans is the better overall player he draws the much tougher match ups and gets keyed in on by the defense.

JuJu, no way. That guy looks like a borderline WR2. He is nothing more than name value right now. You are only as good as your QB, and I'd be very worried if I owned him. I think most people on here would agree they prefer to Godwin to Juju.

Theilin is basically the same as Godwin as they both play in the slot, but I much prefer the Bucs offense to the Vikings. Minnesota will always be run first and play in lower scoring games with their defense. Godwin has the much safer floor, just see last week.

Tyreek will be much more valuable, but he has already missed games. Kupp is debatable with Godwin, they are close. I'd take Godwin ahead of Cooks, Woods, Hilton, Lockett, and Golloday.

This + 

• Like 1

Julio, Hopkins, Allen, Thomas for sure, and probably Kupp.

Tyreek if I’m playing the long game & Adams if I’m willing to take on the injury risk (toe injuries worry me).

I’d take Godwin over everyone else.  

Evans and Cooper can be debated, but Evans will see tougher coverage, and I don’t buy the Dallas pass offense... Gallup back will eat into Cooper’s targets.

JuJu? C’mon... that’s ridiculous.

Edit: Forgot OBJ since some will probably consider him. He’s behind all those guys for me except JuJu... he’s a talented crybaby, but he’ll be super boom/bust all year in that offense.

Edited by SkinsChargersFan
OBJ
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, pushaZ said:

To Tyler Lockett,

The one thing you may be forgetting is that this early in the year it’s really hard to disregard all the info we heard over the offseason/pre-season (not saying this is right, but it happens). I remember last year I was able to get Juju for pretty cheap because of this. These 2 receivers will be WR1s this year but people will always disregard Godwin because he’s the WR2 on his team, which is a really good thing for fantasy value. Like I said a few pages back Mike Evans will be the WR1 in NFL football but Godwin will be the WR1 in FF.

• Like 2