FollowTheLeader

Chris Godwin 2019 Outlook

2 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

The Seahawks gave up 23 receptions for 303 yards last week....TO WIDE RECEIVERS....with MATT SCHAUB throwing the ball 

GODWIN AND EVANS GIDDY UP

I could see a shoot out here.

SEA defense can't stop the pass but can slow the run.

TB defense can slow the run. But can't stop the pass.

Lots of passing/scoring on both sides?

2 minutes ago, NBatum88 said:

over/under on 30 catches for 300 yards this week to Godwin/Evans? 😆

BARELY under ;)

• Haha 2

People trying to "buy low" on Godwin or "sell high" on Evans are nuts. I said this very early on... this reminds me of Fitzgerald and Boldin in 2005. They are both gonna eat.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, GoalineD said:

People trying to "buy low" on Godwin or "sell high" on Evans are nuts. I said this very early on... this reminds me of Fitzgerald and Boldin in 2005. They are both gonna eat.

AB Juju too

• Like 2

Mike Evans and Chris GodFTWin...

Set em and forget em.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, GoalineD said:

Marshall/Jeffery in 2013 too.

Disappointing.   Even the experts I listen to liked Godwin over Evans this week due to the Seahawks scheme.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

bad trend lately

Hopefully, with the easy schedule, there's plenty go go around.   But I'm concerned that Winston has become comfortable enough in this offense to take more shots downfield.  And not have to rely as much on the shorter passes to Godwin. 

He’s had 17 targets the last two weeks, I’d hardly call that a bad trend. He’s still put up decent PPR numbers, every WR has their ups and downs. All you can ask for is opportunities and he’s still getting plenty. With a soft schedule ahead, I am not concerned at all.

• Like 2

Again the Seahawks didn’t double Evans and he was eating all game long. Hopefully it sent a message to some defensive coordinators out there. If Evans is doubled Godwin eats. 

22 minutes ago, Vegemite2 said:

He’s had 17 targets the last two weeks, I’d hardly call that a bad trend. He’s still put up decent PPR numbers, every WR has their ups and downs. All you can ask for is opportunities and he’s still getting plenty. With a soft schedule ahead, I am not concerned at all.

I'm not saying I'm overly "concerned", but 0 TD's since week 5, and the last 2 games of 4-43 and 7-61 isn't a good trend. Never said it couldn't change going forward.

3 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

I'm not saying I'm overly "concerned", but 0 TD's since week 5, and the last 2 games of 4-43 and 7-61 isn't a good trend. Never said it couldn't change going forward.

He was pretty close to one this week if it matters, stopped at the 2 yard line I believe. He was also the target on that weird RZ play where Evans and Godwin were in the same corner and it reflected off a defender into another WRs hands. 

Edited by JSA2422
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

While true, week 7 was a bye and week 6 he caught 10 balls for 151 yards, which I'll take every single game.  He has a lot of juicy match-ups left on the schedule too, including all important last two weeks of FF playoffs:  week 15 @ DET and week 16 vs. HOU

I think we see a blowup game from him this coming weekend vs. Arizona

Edited by NinerLifer
  • Like 1

The trend I have noticed is that when the Bucs play a team without a shutdown corner, Evans eats and Godwin takes a back seat. When there is a shut down corner, Godwin has some of his best games because Evans gets taken away. The four best games Godwin has had this season, happened to be the games that featured the best shutdown corners who took away Evans (both Carolina games, NO and LAR). Just happens that the games Godwin didn’t do well were against the Giants, Seahawks and Titans who do not have an elite corner.

Lets see if trend continues next week against Patrick Peterson and the Cardinals.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LionKid90 said:

The trend I have noticed is that when the Bucs play a team without a shutdown corner, Evans eats and Godwin takes a back seat. When there is a shut down corner, Godwin has some of his best games because Evans gets taken away. The four best games Godwin has had this season, happened to be the games that featured the best shutdown corners who took away Evans (both Carolina games, NO and LAR). Just happens that the games Godwin didn’t do well were against the Giants, Seahawks and Titans who do not have an elite corner.

Lets see if trend continues next week against Patrick Peterson and the Cardinals.

As a bucs fan, I 100 percent agree! O think this week is godwin's week. 

• Like 1

Echoing the 2 posts above, I came thinking the same thing.

Is Peterson definitely going to shadow Evans this week? I'm thinking yes, especially since Evans is the big bodied WR that almost require a special type of CB like Peterson.

Who cares about trends. If Godwin is healthy, set it and forget it. Just let the chips fall where they may between God and Evans.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, UVA_Drew said:

Echoing the 2 posts above, I came thinking the same thing.

Is Peterson definitely going to shadow Evans this week? I'm thinking yes, especially since Evans is the big bodied WR that almost require a special type of CB like Peterson.

Peterson has been getting cooked. May Lower Evans ceiling but not by much. Cardinals are horrific as a whole against the pass...these two are top-5 ranked again until they arent.

You want to solve all headaches- to trade for Evans and that way your WR floor is always set between the two

1 minute ago, umphrey said:

He kind of stinks lately but I think Evans will start to get double teamed more

It was unrealistic to believe he'd keep up the torrid pace. It's just not sustainable.

He’s awesome and plug and play.

This thread should stay dormant unless he blows up for 30+.

See you Sunday around 4PM.

Evans and Godwin are WR1 and WR2 in standard, kind of amazing that Winston isn't the like a top 5 QB option most weeks.

1 hour ago, LionKid90 said:

Evans and Godwin are WR1 and WR2 in standard, kind of amazing that Winston isn't the like a top 5 QB option most weeks.

He will be going forward.  Look at the soft schedule he has now.  

10 hours ago, austin316 said:

Who cares about trends. If Godwin is healthy, set it and forget it. Just let the chips fall where they may between God and Evans.

Agreed, I doubt most teams have a better option to plug in for Godwin.