FollowTheLeader

Chris Godwin 2019 Outlook

So.  

is it a Godwin blowup week or an Evans blowup week?

and is there any way to reasonably predict that or is it just a coin flip?

53 minutes ago, Proteus said:

So.  

is it a Godwin blowup week or an Evans blowup week?

and is there any way to reasonably predict that or is it just a coin flip?

As someone who owns both, I just hope it's not going to be a week like last one. 

Hoping it's a competitive game vs Indy, last week was a dud because they were up early and just ran the ball to kill the clock - Peyton Barber day lol. I doubt that happens again.

43 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

I'm playing the guy with Evans this week. This will be interesting...

Same. Imagine the nards it would take to bench either in hopes that you catch the dud game in favor of a better WR play 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

I'm playing the guy with Evans this week. This will be interesting...

Same haha. Should be fun.

25 minutes ago, Proteus said:

Same. Imagine the nards it would take to bench either in hopes that you catch the dud game in favor of a better WR play 

Thought of this a couple of weeks ago. Say you're the Godwin owner playing the Evans owner and you have a decent WR with a plus match-up on your bench (a guy like Ridley playing the Bucs for instance). I would say benching Godwin in that situation is close to a win-win situation. If Godwin blows up, fine, that would probably mean that Evans has a dud game. If Evans blows up that would probably mean that Godwin has a disappointing game, but that's fine too since he's on your bench (and your replacement WR is scoring a decent amount of points). The only scenario that this strategy would bite you in the a** is if both Evans and Godwin blow up ánd your replacement WR sucks, but this would be way more unlikely than the previous two scenario's.

My point is, it would take nards to bench Godwin for sure, but a move like that would problably pay off. 

Edited by williebeamen
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, williebeamen said:

Thought of this a couple of weeks ago. Say you're the Godwin owner playing the Evans owner and you have a decent WR with a plus match-up on your bench (a guy like Ridley playing the Bucs for instance). I would say benching Godwin in that situation is close to a win-win situation. If Godwin blows up, fine, that would probably mean that Evans has a dud game. If Evans blows up that would probably mean that Godwin has a disappointing game, but that's fine too since he's on your bench (and your replacement WR is scoring a decent amount of points). The only scenario that this strategy would bite you in the a** is if both Evans and Godwin blow up ánd your replacement WR sucks, but this would be way more unlikely than the previous two scenario's.

My point is, it would take nards to bench Godwin for sure, but a move like that would problably pay off. 

Oh God you're right. And now this is torture because I do have options.

Okay now let's figure out who is blowing up this week.

1 hour ago, williebeamen said:

This is the epitome of overanalyzing things. 😞

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

This is the epitome of overanalyzing things. 😞

Precisely. Now isn’t the time to get cute. Godwin has earned “set and forget” status this year. I cannot envision a scenario where you should ever bench him. He plays out of the slot the majority of the time and Evans always draws the opposing team’s best CB. The Bucs also throw the ball much more than the average team. Godwin is about as matchup proof as a WR can be this season.

• Like 1

No one is crazy enough to bench Godwin. Let’s get back to predicting whosa gonna blow up

• Like 1

Colts do their best to limit deep plays but fuller lit them up a few weeks ago- good sign for Evans. Just concerned bucs defense actually looks a bit better and dominates an undermanned offense, limiting volume. Godwin and Evans were the predictable funnel tree but now people are getting involved. Either way, can't bench a guy with 12-180-2 upside. His floor isn't terrible

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, austin316 said:

Let's go God

In God- we trust to -Win our matchup this week . lets f’n go baby !!

Not sure Evans being out would be good for Godwin.  I guess maybe his targets increase but maybe heavily covered.

Good enough today although one of those 5 TDs would have been nice.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Not sure Evans being out would be good for Godwin.  I guess maybe his targets increase but maybe heavily covered.

Good enough today although one of those 5 TDs would have been nice.

Next week hell probably avoid slay and they'll have a week to game plan for Godwin being the number one. He'll be top 3 ranked next week no problem 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Next week hell probably avoid slay and they'll have a week to game plan for Godwin being the number one. He'll be top 3 ranked next week no problem 

Hope so.  Perriman also looks capable of being more than a jag.

I guess that the good thing is Godwin is the slot guy and even with the backup QB, he’s still going to get targets in an Arian offense.  Probably not as good targets and surely less scoring opportunities.  But should still be fantasy relevant.