FollowTheLeader

Chris Godwin 2019 Outlook

On 7/25/2019 at 10:45 AM, jumper said:

This is reminding me of how 2017 Jamison Crowder was hyped up to a similar range (in the ~40 ADP range as around the 20th WR).  And we know how that ended (him coming in as a low end WR3 for the year with a line of 66/789/3 with 6 fumbles). 

Crowder battled injuries all season.  End of comparison.

19 hours ago, scheibler said:

I feel like Edelman is safer but Godwin has more upside. Personally I tend to go with uoside, but this is one of those picks were if Godwin sucks you'll be like wtf didn't I just take the easy Edelman pick

I think Edelman has plenty of upside. He won't be a top 5 WR barring injuries to others, but if he stays healthy all year there's no reason he can't be a top10 PPR WR. So could Godwin, I'm a fan, but let's not act like Edelman is Jarvis Landry. He could easily top 110 catches this year.

Edit: Eh, 110 may be a little aggressive (just went through his career stats), but I don't think it's off the table :)

Edited by kball09

Feel like Godwin is going to be this year's JuJu. Arians runs an offense that can support two WR1 numbers much like Pittsburgh did last year. 

4 minutes ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

Feel like Godwin is going to be this year's JuJu. Arians runs an offense that can support two WR1 numbers much like Pittsburgh did last year. 

Drafted 6 leagues already and own Godwin in 5. I’m all aboard, i own him in 2 Dynasty and thought it might happen last year but I’m ok with this year now. I actually traded away Mike Evans in the one dynasty league where i had them both. I’m all in!!

Testing this hype train... how would you all feel with having Chris Godwin as your WR1 in standard, picking him over the likes of Keenan Allen, Stefon Diggs, Brandin Cooks, TY Hilton, Julian Edelman, and Tyler Lockett? Then pairing him with a WR2 in Calvin Ridley?

Do you all think he can realistically hit WR1 numbers? Everything seems to be pointing up. His situation seems like it's making for the perfect break out year. What are his cons other than Jameis and the TB offense just implodes? 

4 minutes ago, mvttchew said:

Testing this hype train... how would you all feel with having Chris Godwin as your WR1 in standard, picking him over the likes of Keenan Allen, Stefon Diggs, Brandin Cooks, TY Hilton, Julian Edelman, and Tyler Lockett? Then pairing him with a WR2 in Calvin Ridley?

Do you all think he can realistically hit WR1 numbers? Everything seems to be pointing up. His situation seems like it's making for the perfect break out year. What are his cons other than Jameis and the TB offense just implodes? 

Someone PLEASE halt this hype train! Just take Godwin in the following round after one of these guys...

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, mvttchew said:

Seems insane but you do you.

No way I’m taking CG over the likes of Cooks, Keenan, Diggs or TY. Edelman and Lockett you could make a case for.

3 minutes ago, smeeze said:

Seems insane but you do you.

No way I’m taking CG over the likes of Cooks, Keenan, Diggs or TY. Edelman and Lockett you could make a case for.

My man needs to put the blunt out before he gets on here and starts typing lmao.

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, TLBDS said:

Someone PLEASE halt this hype train! Just take Godwin in the following round after one of these guys...

In my keeper league, none of them are around the next round.

But yes, in mock drafts, I've rolled with Keenan/Diggs haha. Thanks for halting the hype. 

20 minutes ago, TLBDS said:

If you are taking him after those guys than you are essentially saying he's a WR2, not a 1... Those guys are steady bottom teir WR1/top end WR2... and ceiling might be lacking, except for Diggs.

I couldn't watch last night. How'd the bucs offense look?

Just now, Trifecta said:

I couldn't watch last night. How'd the bucs offense look?

Offensive line looks to be terrible. Jameis took like 5 sacks. Pretty non-existent running game. Godwin is a stud. He and Evans should both have big years.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

Offensive line looks to be terrible. Jameis took like 5 sacks. Pretty non-existent running game. Godwin is a stud. He and Evans should both have big years.

So everything looked bad, essentially, but he's gonna have a monster year?  Lol

• Haha 2

Just now, Tugginroot said:

So everything looked bad, essentially, but he's gonna have a monster year?  Lol

If you’re down every game and have to throw well into the 4th quarter, yes the passing volume is going to be there.  Jameis is a much better fantasy qb than real life. Evans and Godwin are both very, very good. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, JoeJoe88 said:

If you’re down every game and have to throw well into the 4th quarter, yes the passing volume is going to be there.  Jameis is a much better fantasy qb than real life. Evans and Godwin are both very, very good. 

From the Winston thread:

“Draft him. Don't watch him. Enjoy the fantasy points after his game is over.”

I don’t care if he catches a TD in the first quarter of a 0-0 game or the 4th quarter of a 35-0 game, for us fantasy footballers it’s all the same. Josh gordon in 2013 feasted in garbage time.

seems like a ppr monster in a bruce system. it's just if you prefer to get a well known name vs. a potential player in rd 4-5

• Like 1

These comments are making me feel better having Evans and Godwin as my one and two.  Not ideal but they were the best WR talents on the board when I was up.  

On 8/22/2019 at 11:04 AM, bigbluecrew56 said:

1 hour ago, boomzdaddy said:

These comments are making me feel better having Evans and Godwin as my one and two.  Not ideal but they were the best WR talents on the board when I was up.  

You also have the ultimate handcuff if one gets injured. I tried to do the same thing with boyd and AJ but it didnt work out.

• Like 1

took godwin over woods, kupp, locket, boyd as my WR2. all signs point to breakout with the system and excess in targets. sadly i've been burned by the bucs many times.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, brosephd said:

took godwin over woods, kupp, locket, boyd as my WR2. all signs point to breakout with the system and excess in targets. sadly i've been burned by the bucs many times.

His range of outcomes are probably the highest as I see him being a double digit td guy vs the rest of them above. However it's a lower floor.

I paired him with Adams- need a strong wr1 in front of Godwin.

9 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

His range of outcomes are probably the highest as I see him being a double digit td guy vs the rest of them above. However it's a lower floor.

I paired him with Adams- need a strong wr1 in front of Godwin.

Can you explain the floor? Almost 200 targets from last year replaced by... Breshad Perriman?

I think his absolute floor is 1100-6

4 minutes ago, pushaZ said:

Can you explain the floor? Almost 200 targets from last year replaced by... Breshad Perriman?

I think his absolute floor is 1100-6

I think the other guys are just safer due to the historical stats they produced. If Godwin did 1100-8 last year he'd probably be above them. I personally think he's better than all of them, hence my "reach" in the early 4th as well.

Any of WR to make the jump into the 2nd round of 2020 drafts, he's high on the list. Along with Ridley and Mike Williams.

I think the hype on this kid is getting a little too crazy, but I do like him a lot this year.  He's probably become too pricey for my liking.  He won't make it to the late 4th or 5th round anymore.  I like him in the 4th, but roster and draft flow considered, I'm not sure I'm comfortable enough taking him over some of the names that might be available in the 3rd.  Everyone's draft is different of course.