FollowTheLeader

Chris Godwin 2019 Outlook

11 minutes ago, dicka24 said:

I think the hype on this kid is getting a little too crazy, but I do like him a lot this year.  He's probably become too pricey for my liking.  He won't make it to the late 4th or 5th round anymore.  I like him in the 4th, but roster and draft flow considered, I'm not sure I'm comfortable enough taking him over some of the names that might be available in the 3rd.  Everyone's draft is different of course.

I don't think you know just how many targets are up for grabs, or how Arians uses slot receivers.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, CawCaw said:

This guy is going to be special. I think it comes down to how well Garoppollo and the RB's and the OL can set up the passing plays for the 49ers. This will determine how well he will be able to do this season in my opinion.

Care to explain?

• Haha 6

7 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Care to explain?

Oops..... I got mixed up with Marquise Goodwin. My Bad.  Godwin is on TB

Long day at work.

Edited by CawCaw
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, CawCaw said:

Oops..... I got mixed up with Marquise Goodwin. My Bad.  Godwin is on TB

Long day at work.

Lol Marquise Goodwin is definitely not going to be special

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, pushaZ said:

Lol Marquise Goodwin is definitely not going to be special

Yeah, That's why I said I got the players, teams all mixed up in my head with the similar last names. 

Edited by CawCaw

1 hour ago, dicka24 said:

I think the hype on this kid is getting a little too crazy, but I do like him a lot this year.  He's probably become too pricey for my liking.  He won't make it to the late 4th or 5th round anymore.  I like him in the 4th, but roster and draft flow considered, I'm not sure I'm comfortable enough taking him over some of the names that might be available in the 3rd.  Everyone's draft is different of course.

If I take him it'll have to be at the top of the 4th...what makes would u take over him?

Bc I that position it's usually Edelman, Diggs, and Lockett. Or Carson, Montgomery, Jacobs. Personally I like him over all those wrs. The rbs I'd take Carson but view him equal to Monty or Jacobs

Major hype train, we’ll see if his production lives up to it.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, boomzdaddy said:

Same here dude, but I had Green and Boyd as my 1 and 2 last year and I had second most points in the league and finished 2nd.  Not bad.

Why does this matter?

If you are drafting to get a WR1 with your second round pick and a WR2 with your third or fourth round pick then why can't they be on the same team?

Sometimes there can be a 1A and 1B.

11 minutes ago, GoalineD said:

Why does this matter?

If you are drafting to get a WR1 with your second round pick and a WR2 with your third or fourth round pick then why can't they be on the same team?

Because Jameis could completely crap the bed at any time, circa 2018. I like all the TB receivers and Jameis, but I don't want to double up there personally. If it was the Rams or something I would feel better about it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GoalineD said:

Why does this matter?

Um, That was the point of my post....

13 hours ago, boomzdaddy said:

Um, That was the point of my post....

Sorry, I quoted the wrong person.

I agree with your point.

• Like 1

everyone ****ted on me on this pick or slept on him. hope he proves them wrong as this year's thielen.

I wonder how quick a hook Arians will have for Jameis this year? Seems like Jameis was regularly getting benched in the middle of games. Is Godwin still enticing with Blaine Gabbert under center?

17 minutes ago, smeeze said:

I wonder how quick a hook Arians will have for Jameis this year? Seems like Jameis was regularly getting benched in the middle of games. Is Godwin still enticing with Blaine Gabbert under center?

The fact that this was ever done is a sure sign that the coach was awful and needed to be fired, sure enough he was fired. And Blaine Gabbert isn't anywhere near as good as Fitzpatrick.

38 minutes ago, smeeze said:

Winston at his worst looks elite compared to Gabbert at his best. It blows my mind that Gabbert is even in the league. I'm a Mizzou fan and from STL where Gabbert played high school. He's always sucked, but has that NFL size which got him drafted. Zero concern he plays over Winston

3 hours ago, smeeze said:

Isn’t Gabbert hurt and they were looking at signing another qb?  With way can’t see it happening. 

3 hours ago, smeeze said:

4 minutes ago, UcanTry said:

Isn’t Gabbert hurt and they were looking at signing another qb?  With way can’t see it happening. 

Gabbert injured his left non-throwing shoulder but will still be out a while. Arians is gonna live & die with Winston this year. He’s almost 70 so he didn’t take that job to do a full rebuild. He saw raw talent that he could refine into a capable offense. Let’s just hope they don’t need a backup QB

Edited by lvsaint429

Had to get a piece of this guy this year. Took him pick 38 in 12man ppr and nobody in my league believes in him and were saying horrible pick. Might've been dumb taking him over Jacobs, but we'll see. I expect 70 catch 900yd floor 100 catch 1200yd upside

Edited by scheibler
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, CrastersCreep said:

I think he’s last years JuJu...I think he’ll have a monster season and do 100/1300/9

Or last years Thielen 😲 either way I'll be ecstatic . 

1 hour ago, scheibler said:

Had to get a piece of this guy this year. Took him pick 38 in 12man ppr and nobody in my league believes in him and were saying horrible pick. Might've been dumb taking him over Jacobs, but we'll see. I expect 70 catch 900yd floor 100 catch 1200yd upside

Tell me about it, someone sniped him a couple picks before me . But I have another draft on Wednesday, and best believe I promised myself no way am I missing out again. He might be one of the most targeted wideouts this year. I know Bruce Arians was quoted saying Godwin will catch a 100 passes, and that wouldn't surprise me one bit. The Bucs have no run game, horrible D , ton of targets vacated, and Mike Evans commanding double coverages. Ohh yeah and B.A calling the shots now. If that's not a recipe for fantasy gold I don't know what is. 

• Like 1