CrypTviLL

Luis Urias 2019 Outlook

he should have never been added, at least in a seasonal league

at the absolute best hes going to offer you is an empty (little power) 260 ish BA, with very few runs and rbis, and maybe 5 homers and 2 steals

there is way more out there

Last 7 games 1 for 20, 7 BB, 2 K’s.  If he continues that plate discipline then he will get going.  In the meantime my BAC is going to surpass his average tonight if I keep drinking these stouts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

They need specialized space-age equipment to measure his batting average as scientists are unsure if it’s possible to have that many degrees of precision in a batting average. 

I'm not a redraft owner, but the piling on over a small sample here is a bit over-the-top. Since July 1, Urias is in the top 100 in xwOBA and has one of the biggest disparities between xwOBA and wOBA in the Majors. Since his recall, he has a 4:7 K:BB ratio. He looks much improved since his early stint with the team. Especially in a keeper league, now may be a good time to kick the tires and see if the current owner has noticed.

I just know the minute I drop him he will have 12 hits and a handful of HR's this week, just my luck this year.......

1 hour ago, Kramjam24 said:

where was all that power he has in triple a

Good question. It looks like a mirage.

On 7/29/2019 at 11:45 PM, RotoGenius said:

They need specialized space-age equipment to measure his batting average as scientists are unsure if it’s possible to have that many degrees of precision in a batting average. 

We’ve been in the Space Age for, like, a while now.

• Like 1

in AAA, the Padres AAA team shattered every single professional baseball home run record and its not close.  They have 12 guys including 3 released in double figures in bombs

El Paso is one of the most hitter-friendly parks in the hitter-friendly PCL. It’s 3800 feet above sea level, hot and dry all summer, and only 322 down the lines.

Urias has an average exit velocity of 86.1 which suggests his power was more the park than anything.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, wayzupusc said:

Don't look now but think he's settling in...been on a mini hot streak over his past 7.

Without power or speed, it really is a hollow how streak, but it's still nice to see a pulse from him and that he might finally be coming around.  If they eventually bump him back up in the order, then the lack of either won't matter as much.

Of course he would start getting on base now that I dropped him! lol

He's always had the talent. Good to see he's putting it to use finally.

its like I always said, at best you are chasing a guy who is going to hit .280 with 10 homers, 5 sb's and maybe 100 combined counting stats and thats if he had a full year of AB's

maybe he can develop into Placido Polanco or Jose Vidro eventually

Urias has been an OBP monster in August...  He was a .457 OBP in 10 games in August entering today then reaches 3 out of 4 times today.  With Tatis hurt they need to move this guy up in the lineup.  Hopefully he can go into next season 2B/SS eligible.

• Like 2

There's a bit of Altuve in that swing. Can see a similar power development, though hopefully he's further along than when Altuve first entered (AAA numbers say he is).

Downside is he doesn't run like Altuve. But there's still value in the bat long term, definately can see high AVG/OBP leading to lots of runs near the top of their lineup.

• Like 1