Jump to content
Rotoworld.com Forums

Carlos Hyde 2019 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yep. And the year before he had nearly 1300 total yards, 8 TDs, and 59 receptions. I think it's amazing that a few good games in a great situation from Williams means that he's sure-fire better t

Just curious, what's the weather like on your planet? Either you're siked or he's droppable?  No in between? What a joke. Here's a list of all RBs that went 90+ rushing and a TD last week:

Tell you guys what if your not picking up hyde as a stash on your bench you clearly don't know fantasy football. 

Damien Williams was trash and nearly out of the NFL before he went to KC and Reid made him look like 2018 DW. 

 

Imagine what Reid can do with a RB that has actual talent. 

 

Beit injury or common sense, I foresee zero scenarios where damien Williams is the unquestioned RB1 in this offense in week 16. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

I foresee zero scenarios where damien Williams is the unquestioned RB1 in this offense in week 16. 

If he's that trash, why say Week 16?  Won't he lose the job long before that?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JoeJoe88 said:

If he's that trash, why say Week 16?  Won't he lose the job long before that?

 

If I knew when it would happen I'd just leave Hyde on the waiver wire until 1 week before it happened. 

 

If anyone drafts Hyde it's doubtful they hold him for long anyways. It'll likely be an 80/20 timeshare to begin the season. 

 

Andy is loyal to "his guy".  As of today, DW is his guy. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

 

 

Imagine what Reid can do with a RB that has actual talent. 

 

 

Well that’s not Hyde, Hyde is garbage. Theres a reason he’s been on multiple teams in the past 2 years. KC only gave him 1 year deal, and if something was to happen to Williams i bet we would see West back a Chief in some 3 way split.

 

Hyde graded out as one of the worst RBs in quantity of touches last year. Fantasy Pros published a article on it here:

https://www.fantasypros.com/2019/07/which-running-backs-were-better-worse-than-expected-in-2019-fantasy-football/

 

Hyde also graded out per PFF as one the worst efficiency RB over the past 2 years. 

 

Only value he brings is some short yardage and mage vultures some TDS, but he’s still garbage.     

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, UcanTry said:

 

Well that’s not Hyde, Hyde is garbage. Theres a reason he’s been on multiple teams in the past 2 years. KC only gave him 1 year deal, and if something was to happen to Williams i bet we would see West back a Chief in some 3 way split.

 

Hyde graded out as one of the worst RBs in quantity of touches last year. Fantasy Pros published a article on it here:

https://www.fantasypros.com/2019/07/which-running-backs-were-better-worse-than-expected-in-2019-fantasy-football/

 

Hyde also graded out per PFF as one the worst efficiency RB over the past 2 years. 

 

Only value he brings is some short yardage and mage vultures some TDS, but he’s still garbage.     

 

funny, same argument can be made for damien williams, "graded out as one the worst" with no elusiveness and "worst efficiency" with with 2.3 yards per carry,

i.e. before he moved to kansas city...

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sack Exchange said:

 

funny, same argument can be made for damien williams, "graded out as one the worst" with no elusiveness and "worst efficiency" with with 2.3 yards per carry,

i.e. before he moved to kansas city...

I remember Williams being a fairly competent receiver out of the backfield in Miami. Something Hyde has never done well at.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sack Exchange said:

 

funny, same argument can be made for damien williams, "graded out as one the worst" with no elusiveness and "worst efficiency" with with 2.3 yards per carry,

i.e. before he moved to kansas city...

It could be made, but it would be incorrect.  Literally none of what you wrote is true of DW pre-KC.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sack Exchange said:

 

funny, same argument can be made for damien williams, "graded out as one the worst" with no elusiveness and "worst efficiency" with with 2.3 yards per carry,

i.e. before he moved to kansas city...

 

Except for my comments where about HYDE not Williams lol. The name Williams i never even said, it was a comment about how bad Hyde is. HOWEVER if you look at the same list Williams quality of touches are towards the top. 

 

HYDE is gabage and I’m sorry you wasted a pick on him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, devaster said:

I remember Williams being a fairly competent receiver out of the backfield in Miami. Something Hyde has never done well at.

 

Lol. No you don't. Cause it never happened. You're just trying to win an argument now. He was trash. 

 

Hyde has actually received out of the backfield from a QB that threw most passes at his feet or out of bounds and still managed 50+ receptions. 

 

I've seen Carlos Hyde play for 2 of the worst franchises in recent years and was decent on the 49ers and everyone was trash on the Browns until Hue Jackson was fired. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

 

Yes it is. 

Umm, care to elaborate?  It’s demonstrably factually inaccurate.

Edited by BMcP
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

 

Lol. No you don't. Cause it never happened. You're just trying to win an argument now. He was trash. 

 

Hyde has actually received out of the backfield from a QB that threw most passes at his feet or out of bounds and still managed 50+ receptions. 

 

I've seen Carlos Hyde play for 2 of the worst franchises in recent years and was decent on the 49ers and everyone was trash on the Browns until Hue Jackson was fired. 

I remembered correctly. You are incorrect.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think everyone's getting blinded by how awful last year was for Hyde (and it was, to be fair). Previously he was on a SF team that was bottom 5 in talent and yet Hyde put up numbers, both as a grinder and by catching a ton of passes (Shannahans first year I think). He was legit a PPR stud that year at a great value. 

KC has a system where my grandmother could put up RB2 numbers if given a chance. It's short-sided to argue that Hyde was garbage before KC when that's less true than 90% of the starters Reid has trotted out there and it's sort of irrelevant anyways. Fact is, Hyde has been valuable before, DW has not. Hyde is on the field taking reps, DW is not. What's the hold up in tossing a flier at CH? There's two other RBs on the team and a converted CB. THAT'S IT. This could be the greatest value in the draft. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mahomet said:

I think everyone's getting blinded by how awful last year was for Hyde (and it was, to be fair). Previously he was on a SF team that was bottom 5 in talent and yet Hyde put up numbers, both as a grinder and by catching a ton of passes (Shannahans first year I think). He was legit a PPR stud that year at a great value. 

KC has a system where my grandmother could put up RB2 numbers if given a chance. It's short-sided to argue that Hyde was garbage before KC when that's less true than 90% of the starters Reid has trotted out there and it's sort of irrelevant anyways. Fact is, Hyde has been valuable before, DW has not. Hyde is on the field taking reps, DW is not. What's the hold up in tossing a flier at CH? There's two other RBs on the team and a converted CB. THAT'S IT. This could be the greatest value in the draft. 

 

For now he's still a handcuff. OC says DW is his starter and Reid is proven to rely on 1 bellcow. 

 

If I draft today I draft him at current cost as high potential flyer. 

 

If I'm drafting labor day and DW is back and Hyde cost has risen it's difficult to justify. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Totally agree. He's a high upside flier, don't expect anything more. But considering the lack of depth on the team and his potential if he gets the RB1 gig, he's worth it purely as a handcuff. Hoping to pay about a 10th rounder for him, 12team superflex. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I love how the DW crowd keeps painting Hyde as the worst RB they've ever seen, while at the same time touting a guy who couldn't crack the Dolphins lineup for four years. I keep seeing these people claim that Reid is some RB guru genius and that's why he got Williams on the team, but this is the same Reid who also went after Carlos Hyde, so what gives? He forgot to take his genius pills the day Hyde was signed?

I'm just hoping that the DW injury concerns don't linger and mess with Hyde's ADP. I like it right where it is now in round 10/11. Not a bad price for a guy who could very feasibly end up the starter in KC and could very well lead the team in TDs even if DW performs well. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Andy Reid’s comments about using RBBC is simply a means of clearing a path to eventually anointing Carlos Hyde the starter.   

“Footballguys” has mentioned multiple times in their podcasts that the Chiefs love Carlos Hyde and were extremely happy to acquire him. I can’t find a link to back that up, but they do seem to have inside info sometimes, particularly within the AFC West. 

There’s lots of buzz around this situation, positive for Hyde and negative for Williams. Reid supposedly frustrated with Williams and pleased with Hyde. According to Reid, Hyde “took advantage” of his starter reps while Williams was out, then suddenly Reid starts talking about RBBC. Why? Because Hyde forced him to. Evidently, he impressed Reid enough to make him stray from his usual workhorse RB philosophy....or did he? I think Reid privately wants Hyde to be the workhorse, and this talk of RBBC is going to turn into “Carlos has worked hard, taken advantage of his opportunities, and earned the role as starter, but it will be a committee approach.” Of course, that simply means the other backs will play too, but Hyde will be the starter and goal line back, and the Chiefs RB to own in 2019. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

I think Andy Reid’s comments about using RBBC is simply a means of clearing a path to eventually anointing Carlos Hyde the starter.   

“Footballguys” has mentioned multiple times in their podcasts that the Chiefs love Carlos Hyde and were extremely happy to acquire him. I can’t find a link to back that up, but they do seem to have inside info sometimes, particularly within the AFC West. 

There’s lots of buzz around this situation, positive for Hyde and negative for Williams. Reid supposedly frustrated with Williams and pleased with Hyde. According to Reid, Hyde “took advantage” of his starter reps while Williams was out, then suddenly Reid starts talking about RBBC. Why? Because Hyde forced him to. Evidently, he impressed Reid enough to make him stray from his usual workhorse RB philosophy....or did he? I think Reid privately wants Hyde to be the workhorse, and this talk of RBBC is going to turn into “Carlos has worked hard, taken advantage of his opportunities, and earned the role as starter, but it will be a committee approach.” Of course, that simply means the other backs will play too, but Hyde will be the starter and goal line back, and the Chiefs RB to own in 2019. 

 

It's not an unreasonable take.  After a full training camp and preseason Andy Reid decided that Damien Williams was behind both Charkandrick West and Spencer Ware on the depth chart last year.  Any idea that he is the unquestioned bellcow is flat false.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...