Sign in to follow this  
Flyman75

Carlos Hyde 2019 Outlook

If you have any interest in this guy at all, now is the time to acquire him.  Price will be lower than ever with these rumors swirling.  Let us not forget that his competition is a 27yo UDFA with seven career starts.  Williams may be good enough to hold off Hyde, but if so it's probably not because Williams is good.

The Athletic's Nate Taylor again left Carlos Hyde off his 53-man roster projection Tuesday.

Analysis: Hyde has been dreadful this preseason, forcing zero missed tackles despite his 6'/229 frame. He's rushed seven times for 25 yards (3.6 YPC) and one touchdown to go along with a fumble this past weekend against the Steelers. The Chiefs' starters played two series, and Damien Williams handled the first set with Hyde in on the second. Hyde was talked up by coach Andy Reid early in camp, but it's been quiet ever since as rookie Darwin Thompson has ran circles around him. Working against Hyde is he doesn't play special teams. Taylor has the Chiefs keeping Damien and Darrel Williams, Thompson, and converted-CB Tremon Smith in the backfield. The entire appeal with Hyde in fantasy was him merely wearing a Chiefs uniform. If he's cut, he obviously has zero value.

3 hours ago, JoeJoe88 said:

The Athletic's Nate Taylor again left Carlos Hyde off his 53-man roster projection Tuesday.

Analysis: Hyde has been dreadful this preseason, forcing zero missed tackles despite his 6'/229 frame. He's rushed seven times for 25 yards (3.6 YPC) and one touchdown to go along with a fumble this past weekend against the Steelers. The Chiefs' starters played two series, and Damien Williams handled the first set with Hyde in on the second. Hyde was talked up by coach Andy Reid early in camp, but it's been quiet ever since as rookie Darwin Thompson has ran circles around him. Working against Hyde is he doesn't play special teams. Taylor has the Chiefs keeping Damien and Darrel Williams, Thompson, and converted-CB Tremon Smith in the backfield. The entire appeal with Hyde in fantasy was him merely wearing a Chiefs uniform. If he's cut, he obviously has zero value.

spacer.png

On 8/13/2019 at 2:02 PM, KennyWoo said:

If you have any interest in this guy at all, now is the time to acquire him.  Price will be lower than ever with these rumors swirling.  Let us not forget that his competition is a 27yo UDFA with seven career starts.  Williams may be good enough to hold off Hyde, but if so it's probably not because Williams is good.

Even better price these days - or you could just wait for him to get cut and enjoy super savings!

Even if this guy gets cut from the Chiefs I'd expect someone to pick him up..and I would wait to see who claims him before dropping. If he went to Dallas for instance, it would boost his value.

57 minutes ago, automatica21 said:

Even if this guy gets cut from the Chiefs I'd expect someone to pick him up..and I would wait to see who claims him before dropping. If he went to Dallas for instance, it would boost his value.

The problem, like I stated in July, he’s just not very good. Regardless where he goes, if anyplace, he should be left on the wire. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, automatica21 said:

Sorry. At this point, Carlos Hyde wouldn't even draft Carlos Hyde.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, OdellBaconJr said:

dropped ....

I'm still holding out hope Texans scoop him up or something but yeah the KC dream seems over before it started and doesn't bode well for his ability to make a dent elsewhere. 

13 minutes ago, JSA2422 said:

"By mid season he should overtake Damien for the starting role ..."

Some people were saying by Week 1...

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mathew Berry said:

I'm picking up Hyde Asap.  I bet he goes to Houston.  

Rough for a guy who is on the brink of losing not only backup duties to a rookie, but also not even making the roster. He’s shown nothing with his prior two teams and nothing in preseason.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Rough for a guy who is on the brink of losing not only backup duties to a rookie, but also not even making the roster. He’s shown nothing with his prior two teams and nothing in preseason.

Yeah I was admittedly one who thought he could potentially wrestle majority of touches from Williams but given how the summer's played out it becomes much more difficult to give this guy the benefit of the doubt. Call me a sucker but in most leagues I'd still probably grab him if I could for free just in case he lands in Houston as it would represent a significant boost in his perceived value. Admittedly, I think it sounds much better than it would actually be (Houston's O-line is bad) but my hope would be to flip him for a little something.

If he doesn't find a more attractive spot within next week I drop him for a kicker and keep on keeping on. 

Edited by Jaw1
  • Like 1

I'm sure Houston is calling KC inquiring about him. Trade for a conditional 7th rounder or something.

4 hours ago, devaster said:

I'm sure Houston is calling KC inquiring about him. Trade for a conditional 7th rounder or something.

Why trade when they can get him for free?

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, gbill2004 said:

Why trade when they can get him for free?

Because it guarantees him signing with your team. Teams do it all the time for players that are about to be cut and become FA's or go through waivers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, scheibler said:

I doubt Houston wants him. They need a good pass blocking 1/2nd down back

I'm not sure a decent pass blocking RB would even matter considering how long Watson holds onto the ball and stays inbounds taking big hits.

3 hours ago, devaster said:

Because it guarantees him signing with your team. Teams do it all the time for players that are about to be cut and become FA's or go through waivers.

There won't be a mad rush to sign Hyde when he's cut. 

4 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

There won't be a mad rush to sign Hyde when he's cut. 

Even so, it happens all the time. Hyde could choose to not sign with Houston. Trading for him guarantees Houston gets him. Assuming they want him.

20 minutes ago, devaster said:

Even so, it happens all the time. Hyde could choose to not sign with Houston. Trading for him guarantees Houston gets him. Assuming they want him.

You realize there are/will be other options for Houston, right? 

3 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

You realize there are/will be other options for Houston, right? 

Of course?

Hyde looks to be on his way out.

I was wrong on my predictions for him.  Perhaps he will land in Houston.