Sign in to follow this  
Flyman75

Carlos Hyde 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

Ugh why did I click this thread.  I was all ready to cut bait and now i feel like i have to hang on in case the Texans pick him up.     

JJAW is sitting there and he's the guy I want.  I'm dumb for not already having done it, Texans or no, right?'

I have Thompson too, so Hyde's exodus is a good thing for me, just feeling like I can't quite cut yet.

Edited by BrianM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, BrianM said:

Ugh why did I click this thread.  I was all ready to cut bait and now i feel like i have to hang on in case the Texans pick him up.     

JJAW is sitting there and he's the guy I want.  I'm dumb for not already having done it, Texans or no, right?'

I have Thompson too, so Hyde's exodus is a good thing for me, just feeling like I can't quite cut yet.

Depends on your format and roster, but I could easily see JJAW having a much bigger impact regardless of where Hyde lands.  Besides his stand alone value, JJAW is one very injury prone guy away from being a big part of a great offense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BrianM said:

Ugh why did I click this thread.  I was all ready to cut bait and now i feel like i have to hang on in case the Texans pick him up.     

JJAW is sitting there and he's the guy I want.  I'm dumb for not already having done it, Texans or no, right?'

I have Thompson too, so Hyde's exodus is a good thing for me, just feeling like I can't quite cut yet.

I think Hyde's cooked, bro.  I tried to tell people this that insisted he had a legitimate shot at unseating Damien.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BrianM said:

Ugh why did I click this thread.  I was all ready to cut bait and now i feel like i have to hang on in case the Texans pick him up.     

JJAW is sitting there and he's the guy I want.  I'm dumb for not already having done it, Texans or no, right?'

I have Thompson too, so Hyde's exodus is a good thing for me, just feeling like I can't quite cut yet.

What makes you think Hyde would even be startable for you if he were a Texan?  Duke is a really good RB, and they paid a third for him - they’re going to use him plenty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me I think it's time to accept Hyde might be done in the NFL. If he latches on somewhere I'll wait and see. Someone else can fall over themselves to get him off waivers immediately 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BMcP said:

What makes you think Hyde would even be startable for you if he were a Texan?  Duke is a really good RB, and they paid a third for him - they’re going to use him plenty.

 

Sold.  To the Yahoo App!!   This was all obvious and i saw it, i just needed the slap across the face to act.  

Its a keeper auction.  Hyde was a buck, it was before the Darwin train left the station.   I got Darwin too, so this is a positive thing

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BrianM said:

 

Sold.  To the Yahoo App!!   This was all obvious and i saw it, i just needed the slap across the face to act.  

Its a keeper auction.  Hyde was a buck, it was before the Darwin train left the station.   I got Darwin too, so this is a positive thing

Good move - go for some upside with that end-of-bench stash instead of a mediocre RB who’s about to get cut.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Done and done.  Sorry Carlos.  TBH i never wanted you, and figured Damien's owner would pay $2 when you were nominated.   He did not.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just checking back in on this thread, did he pass Williams yet on the depth chart??

 

 

Like i said in July, Hyde just isn’t good

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't really understand the Hyde hate (overall).

2016: 11th best RB in PPG, played 13 games, was on pace for 267/1216/7 with another 33/200/4 receiving. 241 Fantasy Points, which would have been RB11 last season.
2017: Played all 16 games, finished 8th overall, with the 13th best PPG rate. 240/940/8 with another 59/350 receiving. 236 Fantasy Points, also RB11 last season.
2018: With CLE, through his first 6 games, 2.5 of which came with Tyrod Taylor by the way before Browns made any offensive strides, he was RB16 with 382 yards rushing and 5TDs, on pace for 1,019/13, even with zero passing game involvement would have made him a top 20 back. (only 9 RBs last season rushed for over 1,000 yards)

After the trade to JAX it was game over.  You can blame Hyde if you like, but he was never given a legitimate shot to be their lead back and even if he was, he likely knew Fournette comes back in 2019 and takes his job back no matter what.  JAX lost 7 of those next 9 games, and Week 13 when they beat IND 6-0 is the first and only game where Hyde saw more than 10 carries.

I'm not saying Hyde becomes the lead back of KC, or even makes the team at this point, but this forum sure seems to have re-written their own version of Hyde's fantasy success/relevance over the past 3 years to fit their narrative.

Due to his red shirt start in the NFL, he's actually only really played 5 seasons, currently 28 years old, with just 827 carries on his legs. (Zeke has 868 in 3 years for perspective)

Maybe he hit a cliff, maybe it's over, but I'm not writing him off just yet.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn’t classify it as a re-write - he’s just not very good at all at this point.  And apparently the Chiefs recognize that, and are about to cut him in favor of the likes of Darrel Williams.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, BMcP said:

I wouldn’t classify it as a re-write - he’s just not very good at all at this point.  And apparently the Chiefs recognize that, and are about to cut him in favor of the likes of Darrel Williams.

Yup exactly my point as well. Well said

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, FFCollusion said:

I don't really understand the Hyde hate (overall).

2016: 11th best RB in PPG, played 13 games, was on pace for 267/1216/7 with another 33/200/4 receiving. 241 Fantasy Points, which would have been RB11 last season.
2017: Played all 16 games, finished 8th overall, with the 13th best PPG rate. 240/940/8 with another 59/350 receiving. 236 Fantasy Points, also RB11 last season.
2018: With CLE, through his first 6 games, 2.5 of which came with Tyrod Taylor by the way before Browns made any offensive strides, he was RB16 with 382 yards rushing and 5TDs, on pace for 1,019/13, even with zero passing game involvement would have made him a top 20 back. (only 9 RBs last season rushed for over 1,000 yards)

After the trade to JAX it was game over.  You can blame Hyde if you like, but he was never given a legitimate shot to be their lead back and even if he was, he likely knew Fournette comes back in 2019 and takes his job back no matter what.  JAX lost 7 of those next 9 games, and Week 13 when they beat IND 6-0 is the first and only game where Hyde saw more than 10 carries.

I'm not saying Hyde becomes the lead back of KC, or even makes the team at this point, but this forum sure seems to have re-written their own version of Hyde's fantasy success/relevance over the past 3 years to fit their narrative.

Due to his red shirt start in the NFL, he's actually only really played 5 seasons, currently 28 years old, with just 827 carries on his legs. (Zeke has 868 in 3 years for perspective)

Maybe he hit a cliff, maybe it's over, but I'm not writing him off just yet.

I actually agree, I've always thought he was a very solid (if unspectacular) player.  For me the problem is, I don't see him landing somewhere where he can make an impact.  If he were to find himself on a team with a dominant line, I think he could produce.  But the Texans 'aint that and I don't see him landing somewhere like the 'Boys.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What can we expect from him now? That boosts Thompson and cuts a little in Duke Johnson’s Value 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, fillysfinest said:

Just dropped Ballage for Hyde.. Did I goof?

Yes bad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's going to get some run with Houston, that's for sure. I doubt he's good enough to beat out Duke Johnson, or do anything with it. Not a bad hold, though, since he's a RB that's closer to a starting job than a lot of guys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, fillysfinest said:

Just dropped Ballage for Hyde.. Did I goof?

 

Not a move I would have made. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

He's going to get some run with Houston, that's for sure. I doubt he's good enough to beat out Duke Johnson, or do anything with it. Not a bad hold, though, since he's a RB that's closer to a starting job than a lot of guys.

 

I never saw Duke getting goal line carries so I'd assume Hyde will be getting that role plus some positive game-flow work.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.