Rotoworld.com Forums

Carlos Hyde 2019 Outlook

22 minutes ago, kball09 said:

This is the week of truth to me. Good matchup, he's established as the primary back, now let's see what he can do. If he goes for 90 and a TD, maybe a catch or two, then I'll be psyched. If not, he's definitely droppable in a PPR at the least.

Just curious, what's the weather like on your planet?

Either you're siked or he's droppable?  No in between?
What a joke.

Here's a list of all RBs that went 90+ rushing and a TD last week:

Dalvin Cook
Aaron Jones
Zeke
Saquon

That's it.

Here's a list of RBs who did it in Week 1:
Cook, Saquon, CMC, Ingram.

Mack rushed 25/174/1 against LAC in week 1
Kerryon rushed 12/41/0 against LAC in week 2

There are only 15 backs in the league to currently average 90 yards combined (pass/rush) through 2 weeks.
Only 6 of those 15, have 2 TDs.

So, Hyde is either top 6 RB this week or droppable.

Edited by FFCollusion
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yep. And the year before he had nearly 1300 total yards, 8 TDs, and 59 receptions. I think it's amazing that a few good games in a great situation from Williams means that he's sure-fire better t

Just curious, what's the weather like on your planet? Either you're siked or he's droppable?  No in between? What a joke. Here's a list of all RBs that went 90+ rushing and a TD last week:

Tell you guys what if your not picking up hyde as a stash on your bench you clearly don't know fantasy football. 

9 minutes ago, FFCollusion said:

What a joke.

Here's a list of all RBs that went 90+ rushing and a TD last week:

Dalvin Cook
Aaron Jones
Zeke
Saquon

That's it.

Here's a list of RBs who did it in Week 1:
Cook, Saquon, CMC, Ingram.

Mack rushed 25/174/1 against LAC in week 1
Kerryon rushed 12/41/0 against LAC in week 2

There are only 15 backs in the league to currently average 90 yards combined (pass/rush) through 2 weeks.
Only 6 of those 15, have 2 TDs.

So, Hyde is either top 6 RB this week or droppable.

I like the post but don't be so ANGRY FF....LOL.  

Solid points.  I'm a buyer of Hyde at RB2/Flex based on volume alone.  Very serviceable IMO.

Edited by Damn Yankee
17 minutes ago, Damn Yankee said:

I like the post but don't be so ANGRY FF....LOL.  

Solid points.  I'm a buyer of Hyde at RB2/Flex based on volume alone.  Very serviceable IMO.

Took the words out of my mouth, everyone is so emotional this morning haha.

My point was, in a PPR format, that if Hyde can't put up 15+ points in a plus matchup (which essentially means 90 and a TD since he doesn't catch the ball), that it's going to be hard to ever start him. If he's not startable, then he's not ownable (IMO). Would I drop him if he gets 80 yards and nothing else this week, probably not, but there are a ton of WRs putting up 10+ points to where an empty 80 in a plus matchup suddenly becomes less appealing.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, kball09 said:

My point was, in a PPR format, that if Hyde can't put up 15+ points in a plus matchup (which essentially means 90 and a TD since he doesn't catch the ball), that it's going to be hard to ever start him. If he's not startable, then he's not ownable (IMO). Would I drop him if he gets 80 yards and nothing else this week, probably not, but there are a ton of WRs putting up 10+ points to where an empty 80 in a plus matchup suddenly becomes less appealing.

You wouldn’t start him even during the byes? I think there will be several weeks this year when he provides RB2 value.

• Like 1

I’m in a full PPR, and he was the #31 RB in Week 1, and #30 RB in Week 2 in scoring. He’s already worth flex consideration in most leagues, and that’s with not getting any goal line touches yet and only being in the building for a few weeks. He’s been more productive than Johnson so far, so I think it’s definitely only a matter of time before he starts getting even more work. Hyde’s arrow is definitely pointing up IMO. 

Edited by kraftwrk_5
28 minutes ago, kball09 said:

Won't be hard for me to start him...I did a backflip yesterday in the league I grabbed him off the WW.  But, you haven't seen my RB situation in that league so I understand your confusion.  

I just need a workhorse RB2/Flex...I think he can be that guy.  I'd be psyched with a steady 10-12 points each week from him.

18 minutes ago, kraftwrk_5 said:

You wouldn’t start him even during the byes? I think there will be several weeks this year when he provides RB2 value.

I would ideally start a WR over him where 5/50 base is basically giving you a Hyde 100 yard game. If 2 of my RB1/2/3 were on the same BYE, then I would plug him into my RB2 slot, but if a back doesn't catch passes in full PPR they really need to be productive to justify flexing over a mid-level WR.

Just now, Damn Yankee said:

Won't be hard for me to start him...I did a backflip yesterday in the league I grabbed him off the WW.  But, you haven't seen my RB situation in that league so I understand your confusion.  

I just need a workhorse RB2/Flex...I think he can be that guy.  I'd be psyched with a steady 10-12 points each week from him.

I'm starting him too this week to be clear (riding out Tevin Coleman RB2 over here and don't love Thompson this week), so I'm not anti-Hyde or anything. Here's hoping he puts up a 100 + TD game. I just think that if he can't do it this week it's going to be really tough to plug him in with a 10-15 points ceiling over some other high upside guys.

1 hour ago, FFCollusion said:

What a joke.

No, the joke is your misreading the post - he said IF Hyde goes for 90 etc he's "siked" (PS the word is spelled "psyched" here on Earth) :lol:

The Texan RBs are still hard to call. It might stay just as it is with a split more or less between them, but still possible one could emerge as (mostly) "the guy." Personally I don't trust either. I think they're going to drive people nuts with 6-8 pt type games often

• Haha 1
11 hours ago, StevenSC400 said:

Hit or miss? His floor seems to be what he's had these past two games which is about 8-10 points. I will take that all day long from a flex play/RB2-3. This guy also just got traded two weeks ago. His ceiling is yet to be determined but I would prob just throw a TD on top of that. So 16 points a game. Not much more you can ask for from a waiver pickup. This is a solid flex, bye week filler, injury replacement and maybe even potential RB2 depending on what we see.

I don't think 8-10 points is his floor. Again, he's averaged 5.8 yards per carry. His floor is when they have a tough time running the ball and he gives you 3 fantasy points. Because he doesn't catch passes so he's not giving you any help if you're in .5 PPR or PPR.

He also has limited upside. He's never going to explode for a huge game like a Sammy Watkins. That's why to me he is not very appealing overall. If I'm going to have a low floor I at least want a high ceiling in my flex. 

I agree with you he can be useful for an injury replacement or if he has a great matchup and your normal guy has a bye. Which is why I said before, useful if you're desperate. 

I want guys that have a decent chance of giving me 12-16 fantasy pts. I just don't see that with Hyde. I think that will only come with a TD. So only probably 20% of the time. The other 80% I'm getting a weak point total. 

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, mbell317 said:

I don't think 8-10 points is his floor. Again, he's averaged 5.8 yards per carry. His floor is when they have a tough time running the ball and he gives you 3 fantasy points. Because he doesn't catch passes so he's not giving you any help if you're in .5 PPR or PPR.

He also has limited upside. He's never going to explode for a huge game like a Sammy Watkins. That's why to me he is not very appealing overall. If I'm going to have a low floor I at least want a high ceiling in my flex. 

I agree with you he can be useful for an injury replacement or if he has a great matchup and your normal guy has a bye. Which is why I said before, useful if you're desperate. 

I want guys that have a decent chance of giving me 12-16 fantasy pts. I just don't see that with Hyde. I think that will only come with a TD. So only probably 20% of the time. The other 80% I'm getting a weak point total. 

I mean his touches so far have only increased. Again he got here two weeks ago and so far he’s averaging like 9 points a game with no TDS. So this may very well be his floor. He got 20 carries 90 yards last week. That’s not an unrealistic stat. As far as full PPR yeah I mean you would probably want irrelevant jag WRs that catch 3 yard passes. Not trying to sound harsh or anything but that’s just how full PPR goes.

Not everyone plays PPR... he is definitely worthy of flex play in standard.... I am going to start him over Miles Sanders this week... getting 15 - 20 touches in a powerful offense like the Texans is good news... and eventually he can fall into the end zone. 

4 minutes ago, HTM said:

Not everyone plays PPR... he is definitely worthy of flex play in standard.... I am going to start him over Miles Sanders this week... getting 15 - 20 touches in a powerful offense like the Texans is good news... and eventually he can fall into the end zone. 

which is inevitable

1 hour ago, kraftwrk_5 said:

This exactly.  Bye weeks is why I grabbed him off waivers.  Hyde is a guy who likely win you a week, but he won’t lose you it either, which is what I look for in a bye week  fill in

• Like 2
1 minute ago, mbell317 said:

19 total yards today for Hyde. On 10 carries. Completely saved by a goal line attempt. 

This is a sign of things to come. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. But as I said before there was no way he was going to sustain that 5.8 yards per carry.

You know that there’s room in between 1.9 ypc and 5.8 ypc, right?