Sign in to follow this  
fawkes_mulder

Yandy Diaz 2019 Outlook

1 hour ago, parrothead said:

But that was kind of a typical shot for what we have been talking about with launch angle issues...this thing was an amazing HR - to use a golf term it was like a driver off the deck line shot to straight away center hit the top of the fence bounced straight up and over.   I own some shares, I mean the physical tools are there and his PT situation is solid but that was not a HR that tells me launch angle issues are solved.    The average MLB HR is like 28% launch angle and I read somewhere that over 90% of MLB HR are at least 20% that one was I think 17% 

Yea I'm in the same boat as you. Not convinced yet but encouraging that he's showing it early with 2 HR in ST also. Just an incredibly rare HR for the angle and off a Cole fastball too. He kinda reminds me of a Jose Martinez who I loved last year. Didn't work out with Jose like I had hoped but maybe Yandy can eclipse the giraffe and be my new flavor of the week. 

Edited by DannyMcPot

Leading off today huh...I am watching closely...sounds like Duff-Man will be down at least another month+ (shocker)...he can runaway with the gig easily

First time watching him play last night. Ball jumps off his bat differently. Made really loud 100+ EV contact all night but right at guys. 

• Like 1

Andujar owner doing some shopping. This kid is on my radar. Noticed him when he hit that laser off my pitcher Cole. Ran into this while doing some research. Gammons looks like he had this kid pegged for a breakout last year. The Indians could probably really use this kid right now. 

• Like 2

I don't think it's a bad idea at all to have him on anybody's radar.  If he would just go for a bit of launch angle, he would have the potential to be a serious contributor in the middle of a lineup for a surprisingly good team so far.  As is, I still think he's worthwhile since he hits in the middle of their lineup and playing time shouldn't be an issue.

Getting rid of Diaz was just one of many stupid moves by the Indians this offseason.

Does he only dh or will he get 1b eligibility soon?

1 hour ago, Dr. Whom said:

Does he only dh or will he get 1b eligibility soon?

He plays third and some first/DH.

Yeah I am thinking he's gonna become a key pivot for those Andujar owners like myself. I had to take the plunge in my 16 teamer with short benches.

He's currently the most viewed player on CBS, fwiw-

Even if the HRs do not ending up coming to fruition, there's still value here, I think.

Appears to be staking a claim to leadoff spot v lefties...and it's not like they bury him against RH either.

Only 20 PA but he's currently sitting at 50% GB rate vs a career 56%

Also 31% FB vs career 21%

So that's good to see?

• Like 4

Cuban Popeye. dude will never be terrible. at 28years old he has a full tank and will only get better. Getting regular AB can only improve his game.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

He's my replacement for Andujar, just need him to get eligibility at more positions.  Right now on Fantrax he's only UT/DH.

Edited by MrBrown

19 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

He's my replacement for Andujar, just need him to get eligibility at more positions.  Right now on Fantrax he's only UT/DH.

I'm on the cusp of also making the move here to replace Andujar. I see that he's hitting lead off again today versus the lefty. He's been a constant in the lineup to begin the year. I'll be studying his AB's closely tonight. Yahoo has him as 1B/3B eligible which is nice.

Edited by bigbluecrew56

Hope this isn’t too bench coachy, my apologies if it is:

Does anyone happen to know- similar to the Fantrax comment above- if ESPN adjusts positional eligibility as the season goes on?

He’s listed DH only right now- I would hope that would change- but ESPN is weird.

I tried to to find it in their rules but it wasn’t clear if they make positional adjustments throughout the season. 

Edited by Tyler Durden

4 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Does anyone happen to know- similar to the Fantrax comment above- if ESPN adjusts positional eligibility as the season goes on?

He’s listed DH only right now, which makes it hard to roster but if I knew he’d gain it throughout the season he’d be a no brainer add.

I tried to to find it in their rules but it wasn’t clear if they make positional adjustments throughout the season. 

yes, they should update positional eligibility as the season moves on.

each platform (espn, yahoo, fantrax, etc.) has different numbers, but i think espn is 10 appearances and it's added for this season, 20 appearances and it's added for both this season and next season. i could be off on the numbers, believe those are worst case scenarios, but you get the idea.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

He’s listed DH only right now- I would hope that would change- but ESPN is weird.

Player will get position eligibility after 10 appearances at the position on ESPN. Same as Fantrax.

• Like 2

First start at 1b today...

3 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

First start at 1b today...

It's his second actually. For the season, he is at 3 starts at 3B and two at 1B.

9 minutes ago, Fantasy Dork said:

It's his second actually. For the season, he is at 3 starts at 3B and two at 1B.

Hmm...espn has all blanks for his position eligibility like he has only been dh

1 hour ago, Dr. Whom said:

Hmm...espn has all blanks for his position eligibility like he has only been dh

It's ESPN.  Their fantasy stuff is riddled with blanks...

Seriously though, he has 3 starts at 3B, 1 at 1B, and 1 at DH.  Tonight gives him his 2nd start at 1B.

33 minutes ago, Nightmare130 said:

Pulled up lame after a double and was taken out just now. Let's hope he's alright

It had looked like his hammy was bothering him running the bases when he first got on. He looked like he tried to shake it off but it came back to haunt after the double. 

6 minutes ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

It had looked like his hammy was bothering him running the bases when he first got on. He looked like he tried to shake it off but it came back to haunt after the double. 

They said he tweaked his ankle. Tomorrow was already a scheduled day off for him. Ripped a double today.