squid-jesus

Should I Make a 2 for 1 Trade to Open a Streaming Spot? WHIR

14 team H2H 9-cat

Team:

G/F: D White, Brogdon, Irving, Barton, Kawhi, Delon Wright

F: PG13, Porter, Tucker, Mirotic

F/C: Zeller, Ibaka, M Robinson, McGee, Boban

IL: Warren (F), Embiid (F/C)

Wright and Boban are fill-ins for my two IL spots. 

The dilemma I have is that spots 1-15 on my regular roster are pretty much all non-droppable players in a deep 14-team league unless they suffered a season-ending injury. 

There are usually players who become really useful in the final month of the season that I may not get the chance to stream now because assuming I won't have anyone on IL by the time POs start in week 22, this is the team that I'll have to carry til the end of the season. Barton is the lowest-ranked player from an average ranking standpoint but has the best PO schedule. 

I think my biggest need is in steals and 3s, rebounds too.

Would you keep this team as is? Or if you made a 2-for-1 trade to open up a spot to stream FAs, which two players would you think about trading? My league's trade deadline is next Thursday, 2/28

Any advice is appreciated, WHIR

Edited by squid-jesus

You should definitely try to open up a streaming spot if possible. The league that I'm in does not trade much, but I think a sound strategy is to trade two of your players with a team that is either out of the playoffs equation completely or is on the fringe trying to get into the playoffs. I liken this type of trade to when a real life team tries to trade one of their players to a different conference so that they don't have to deal with playing against that player. In your case since your team is stacked, if successful, you wouldn't have to worry about arming the playoff competition with two sound pieces. If you could do it I would get rid of Boban and Delon Wright and try to get someone in a comparable rank.

14 hours ago, Prince Rakeem said:

You should definitely try to open up a streaming spot if possible. The league that I'm in does not trade much, but I think a sound strategy is to trade two of your players with a team that is either out of the playoffs equation completely or is on the fringe trying to get into the playoffs. I liken this type of trade to when a real life team tries to trade one of their players to a different conference so that they don't have to deal with playing against that player. In your case since your team is stacked, if successful, you wouldn't have to worry about arming the playoff competition with two sound pieces. If you could do it I would get rid of Boban and Delon Wright and try to get someone in a comparable rank.

I already said Boban and Wright are fill-ins for my injured players. I am asking about trading two of the players from my regular lineup for one

My bad, I guess I glanced over that bit of information there. And while taking that into consideration I still think you should definitely try to open up a streaming spot if possible, but it is very difficult for someone outside of your league to help assess your options. Looking at your core players, you have assembled a very strong punt assists team where the vase majority are ideal punt assist players and then there are those that are great support players. Your team as comprised is strong and can theoretically be improved with a streaming spot, but from my perspective it is very difficult to determine what to cut that won't hurt much in order to add theoretical stats that should be greater than the stats that any one person can acquire in a 3 or 4 day week.

TLDR: The basic ideas is that a streaming spot is more valuable than most individual players. You have a great team, but I have no idea who to trade for a 2 for 1 without knowing who is on your opponents teams and who is on the wire. Sorry, bro.

I have always been a big fan of 2 for 1 trades. I am not exactly sure who you could target but I would look to trade these players. Derrick White, I do not necessarily like ROS and he is not producing right now as much as he was when he first started blowing up. Otto Porter will not stay healthy as shown by his new injury tonight, I would like to use him in a trade to make things work. I would hold onto Mirotic since you won't be getting much worth back from him in a trade. You have a pretty good team for a 14 team league, Kawhi Irving and PG13 on a team with Embiid you are pretty lucky. Maybe you can do Otto Porter + Derrick White for someone like Khris Middleton (may be a stretch) or McCollum. I feel you are good with big guys though maybe you can upgrade McGee and Ibaka to one better big guy. You have a lot of options. Good luck.

13 hours ago, Prince Rakeem said:

TLDR: The basic ideas is that a streaming spot is more valuable than most individual players. You have a great team, but I have no idea who to trade for a 2 for 1 without knowing who is on your opponents teams and who is on the wire. Sorry, bro.

11 hours ago, tobeyreichman18 said:

I have always been a big fan of 2 for 1 trades. I am not exactly sure who you could target but I would look to trade these players. Derrick White, I do not necessarily like ROS and he is not producing right now as much as he was when he first started blowing up. Otto Porter will not stay healthy as shown by his new injury tonight, I would like to use him in a trade to make things work. I would hold onto Mirotic since you won't be getting much worth back from him in a trade. You have a pretty good team for a 14 team league, Kawhi Irving and PG13 on a team with Embiid you are pretty lucky. Maybe you can do Otto Porter + Derrick White for someone like Khris Middleton (may be a stretch) or McCollum. I feel you are good with big guys though maybe you can upgrade McGee and Ibaka to one better big guy. You have a lot of options. Good luck.

Thank you both for your feedback. As Rakeem pointed out, I am using a punt-assist build which has worked out pretty well to this point, some weeks I even win in assists too. My expendable players look like Otto, D White, Zeller, or Tucker. I'd be glad to trade Warren with any of them but it doesn't seem like there's interest in him right now. I want to target teams that are trying to get in the playoffs or may not get there because I think 2 guys from my team for 1 is packaging a good amount of value. I'm probably looking to acquire another G/F like McCollum, CP3, Gallo, Prince, Middleton, etc.