Sidearmer

Hyun-Jin Ryu 2019 Outlook

I'm tired of him going 7 innings with the lead and watching the bullpen blow his win. And I think Ryu had a pretty tough outing the last time he pitched in Col in June. 7 earned runs, 9 hits in 4 innings.

I need a win today or making the playoffs in my league is going to be an uphill climb. Wish he wasn't up against Marquez for the Rockies. 

9 minutes ago, rabaak said:

I'm tired of him going 7 innings with the lead and watching the bullpen blow his win. And I think Ryu had a pretty tough outing the last time he pitched in Col in June. 7 earned runs, 9 hits in 4 innings.

I need a win today or making the playoffs in my league is going to be an uphill climb. Wish he wasn't up against Marquez for the Rockies. 

Marquez has been absolutely atrocious at home this year. I'll take the odds on Ryu winning over him all day everyday.

That said I'm benching. I don't do Coors.

Edit: Marquez has a 7.07 ERA and .333 avg against @Coors. LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOO

Edited by bradwatson

2 hours ago, bradwatson said:

Marquez has been absolutely atrocious at home this year. I'll take the odds on Ryu winning over him all day everyday.

That said I'm benching. I don't do Coors.

Edit: Marquez has a 7.07 ERA and .333 avg against @Coors. LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOO

Pitchers duel through 7. Who would have seen that coming?? And Ryu comes out with 1K. While Marquez had 10.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rabaak said:

Pitchers duel through 7. Who would have seen that coming?? And Ryu comes out with 1K. While Marquez had 10.

That's why they play the games right? Crazy...

Seems like the kind of "neck soreness" that results from shaking your head as the manager tells you that the front office decided they wanted you to be fresh for the playoffs.

• Like 1

You know its a fake injury... This guy doesn't even have a neck!

spacer.png

• Haha 7

Manager Dave Roberts said Sunday that Ryu (neck) will likely return from the 10-day injured list to start either Aug. 11 against the Diamondbacks or Aug. 13 in Miami, Rowan Kavner of MLB.com reports.

Spin: Ryu's placement on the 10-day injured list Friday with a sore neck came as a surprise, but as anticipated, the Dodgers are viewing it as merely a short-term setback for the All-Star. If Ryu makes it through his throwing program this week without incident, he could be ready to go against Arizona in the final game of the Dodgers' homestand. Tony Gonsolin was summoned from Triple-A Oklahoma City to make a spot start in Ryu's stead Monday against the Cardinals

3 hours ago, jspeco9 said:

Haven't watch him at all this season. Anyone have a ROS outlook on him?

Same ol.

I was a little nervous about the Braves matchup in ATL. They were hot as the sun. 

11 ER in his last 2 starts, thats more than his previous 6 combined and almost double his season total in ER. Could he be blowing his Cy Young chances? Bounce back time? Next start vs Ari who lit him up

1 hour ago, MSkibisky said:

11 ER in his last 2 starts, thats more than his previous 6 combined and almost double his season total in ER. Could he be blowing his Cy Young chances? Bounce back time? Next start vs Ari who lit him up

Plus they're planning on skipping starts for Sept. And shortening his starts. Yeah definitely gonna hurt any Cy Young chances.

• Like 1

I just wish he could win a game during my playoffs. Is he wearing down?? He hasn't pitched this many innings since 2013.

I think I'm going to bench him @ AZ, which means he will shut them out. Everyone else should start him with confidence unless I change my mind. 

(this pretty much sums up my pitching in 2019)

• Like 1

It's frustrating to see a guy who helped carry your team through the first half+ become such a question mark right as fantasy playoff time rolls around. He gets the Rockies in LA this week, they are a pretty bad road team offensively with a .675 team OPS. If he craps out against them, it'll be tough to trust him against anyone else.

4.86 ERA in 66 IP v COL...prob has more to do with trips to Coors, but no way I can bench him.

3 hours ago, 2ndCitySox said:

I think I'm going to bench him @ AZ, which means he will shut them out. Everyone else should start him with confidence unless I change my mind. 

(this pretty much sums up my pitching in 2019)

@AZ is actually very pitcher friendly these days now that Goldy is gone and the humidor is de-juicing the ball. 

It all depends on the quality of the rest of your rotation as far as sit/start goes. But personally I would say that needs to be pretty high quality. 

1 minute ago, Fiveohnine said:

@AZ is actually very pitcher friendly these days now that Goldy is gone and the humidor is de-juicing the ball. 

It all depends on the quality of the rest of your rotation as far as sit/start goes. But personally I would say that needs to be pretty high quality. 

I think 2ndCity was mistaken anyways - Ryu's start against AZ already happened 8/29 and did not go well. 4.2 innings, 10 hits, 7 ER. Yahoo lists him as starting at home against Colorado on Wednesday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Have to wonder if he's pitching through an injury. 1 good start and then 3 straight duds after returning from the IL.

1 hour ago, OaksterDan said:

I think 2ndCity was mistaken anyways - Ryu's start against AZ already happened 8/29 and did not go well. 4.2 innings, 10 hits, 7 ER. Yahoo lists him as starting at home against Colorado on Wednesday.

oops yeah I meant home against COL. thank you. I might reassess. 

57 minutes ago, IDGAFOS said:

Have to wonder if he's pitching through an injury. 1 good start and then 3 straight duds after returning from the IL.

yeah in h2h playoffs I don't know if he's worth the risk. 

• Like 1

COL away is also very pitcher friendly. Other than the Marlins, they’re pretty much the worst offense.