FollowTheLeader

Gerald Everett 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

I like this guys upside/physical talents as a stash/TE2 in dynasty, and I've read reports Coach McVay may game plan for Everett to become a bigger part of the LAR offense in 2019 :shrug:

Everett just needs more opportunity, and if the offense is designed for just such an event, look out! *I'd be excited to see this guy get the targets over WR3 Josh Reynolds and TE THigbee while Kupp is out, and possibly carving out his own a roll in that offense...

What say you folks?

 

 

Edited by FollowTheLeader

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think there are too many mouths here to feed to make Everett a viable weekly starter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any new insight into his role this season?  He’s entering his 3rd year I think, about where TEs start coming into their own.

Behind Wood, Kupp and Ekelar/Gurley/Henderson. Everett would seem like possibly their next best option.  Perhaps even ahead of their RBs.  I think definitely over Reynolds for now.

Physically, he and Krupp might be their best red zone options through the air.

I don’t think he will shoot up into the top 5 TEs, not even top 10 likely for now.  But I could see him becoming a fairly regular player in that offense with enough routes to be a top 10-15 TE by seasons end. Someone maybe with even higher ceiling for dynasty.  But possibly a really good late round or backup option. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, brakeyawself said:

Any new insight into his role this season?  He’s entering his 3rd year I think, about where TEs start coming into their own.

Behind Wood, Kupp and Ekelar/Gurley/Henderson. Everett would seem like possibly their next best option.  Perhaps even ahead of their RBs.  I think definitely over Reynolds for now.

Physically, he and Krupp might be their best red zone options through the air.

I don’t think he will shoot up into the top 5 TEs, not even top 10 likely for now.  But I could see him becoming a fairly regular player in that offense with enough routes to be a top 10-15 TE by seasons end. Someone maybe with even higher ceiling for dynasty.  But possibly a really good late round or backup option. 

 

Lol and Cooks as their top choice of course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, hard1 said:

Not worth the roster spot

Worth monitoring, if something happens to Cooks/Woods/Kupp he could see an increased role.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes if something happens to whole recieving core... like they all fall into the ocean then absolutely Gerald should be on radars... and could produce at a high level...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's going to be one of those guys that occasionally gives you the 2/16/1 game.  But other than that, can't rely on at all in a season long league.  Maybe if you're playing in a deep 2TE best ball league, but otherwise not worth the roster spot.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, hard1 said:

Not worth the roster spot

 

Thats pretty relative.  In my 14 and 16 team, 30 roster spot idp dynasty leagues, which is basically all my leagues, he is rostered in every single one.

Edited by brakeyawself
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, brakeyawself said:

 

Thats pretty relative.  In my 14 and 16 team, 30 roster spot idp dynasty leagues, which is basically all my leagues, he is rostered in every single one.

Agree that he is one of the top 480 players in the league and in that situation would deserve a roster spot.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, smeeze said:

Worth monitoring, if something happens to Cooks/Woods/Kupp he could see an increased role.

when kupp was lost last season, it was josh reynolds who benefitted most, not everett (41 targets for reynolds).

everett benefited in that his average targets per game went from 3 to 4.6

goff does not love his tight ends, though if tyler higbee and josh reynolds coverged into one player it would be worthwhile imo.

39 minutes ago, hard1 said:

Yes if something happens to whole recieving core... like they all fall into the ocean then absolutely Gerald should be on radars... and could produce at a high level...

sharknado catastrophe aside, an injury to higbee would boost everett---and vice versa---but realistically it's beyond a dart throw. it's clear that goff considers TEs offensive linemen...

36 minutes ago, brakeyawself said:

 

Thats pretty relative.  In my 14 and 16 team, 30 roster spot idp dynasty leagues, which is basically all my leagues, he is rostered in every single one.

better to choose an old-timer like delanie walker or greg olsen in this price range because at least they seem to have the majority of the TE timeshare / receiving snaps, although they are moving slower and slower...

IMO, taking everett is like taking dallas goedert or adam shaheen in that only an injury to the other TE would yield reliable weekly results / floor.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Deep league TE dart throws I'd rather take a chance on than Everett include:  Ricky Seals-Jones, Darren Waller, Geoff Swaim, Ben Watson, even Tyler Eifert is in the same ballpark ADP-wise.  

It's difficult to see the upside for Everett with so many mouths to feed.  Basically everything is carryover from last season when he wasn't really used, so what has changed that will increase his usage?  The other guys I listed are dart throws, but at least there are plausible scenarios where they end up being relevant.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, brakeyawself said:

He reminds me a bit of Reed and J. Cook

 

 

Maybe, if he wasn't the 7th option in the offense. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, brakeyawself said:

He reminds me a bit of Reed and J. Cook

 

Without the stats and high usage...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Higbee didn't practice yesterday, looks doubtful to play this week. You could probably do worse than Everett as a TE streamer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have Kittle so I won't be starting him but I am definitely anxious to see how he fares with the role all to himself. Lots of mouths to feed in that offense, hope he gets a good 4-5 targets at least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everett could be a decent streamer for those scraping the bottom of the TE barrel this week and next.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s also good at giving analysts boners apparently... thanks Rotoworld 

 

Gerald Everett is immediately in play as a top-tier streamer option. Everett possesses the type of size (6-foot-3 and 239-pounds), athleticism (85th-percentile SPARQ-x athlete) and basketball background to make any fantasy football analyst go from six to midnight in a hurry. He's set up well against a Browns defense that will be missing FS Damarious Randall (concussion).

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I picked him up and am putting him in. I'd rather roll with him than the likes of Witten, VD, Brate, Dissly, Doyle or Harris.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

I picked him up and am putting him in. I'd rather roll with him than the likes of Witten, VD, Brate, Dissly, Doyle or Harris.

Over Dissly?

Come on he just scored two touchdowns last week.

What is Everett, the 4th or 5th option?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, raidaz18 said:

Over Dissly?

Come on he just scored two touchdowns last week.

What is Everett, the 4th or 5th option?

Yeah that is who I actually dropped to get Everett...feels like a point chase with Diss--he is splitting snaps at TE and saints LBs/S cover the position well.

I would expect Everett to play 75% of snaps and get at least 4-5 targets, Browns stink at covering TE too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.