FollowTheLeader

Gerald Everett 2019 Outlook

If the Rams didn't have three pro bowl caliber receivers and an all-pro RB I could maybe see it but I don't see him being a huge part of the game plan.

Dissly was coming back from injury, I would expect the snap count to go up. Either way he'll be the top red zone target on the team.

13 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Yeesh, I was dead-wrong expecting a decent role...

Ditto, I absolutely suck at predicting TE usage. I start guys and they put up doughnuts, I sit guys and they drop 2 TDs. It killed me last year and it's starting to cost me wins this year. 

Yep, too many ahead of him in the LAR pecking order to be of any use....at least he caught both his targets.  Ah well, I have to start him next week regardless if Higbee comes back or not - Kittle off and nothing on the wire I'm going to waste $ on.

Hope one of the few flashes he showed last year happen next week - gotta believe opposing DC will be looking to try to contain Cooks & Kupp now....maybe that'll open something up to sneak Everett up the seam. TB secondary can be had.

What a game tonight from this guy. Seven catches for 136 yards and had a TD wiped off the board from a bad call. Had 11 targets too. There are a lot of mouths to feed in this offense, but this guy is a superb athlete and definitely passes the eye test. 

Definitely has some value if the Rams are throwing the ball 50+ times a game.

8 minutes ago, Evincar said:

Definitely has some value if the Rams are throwing the ball 50+ times a game.

Agreed.  Gurley only 15 rushes for 51 yards, and he was running it really well early in the game.  I think the Rams will continue to throw a lot because a lot of teams are lining up 6 lineman, like the Pats did in the Superbowl, to slow down Gurley.  Everett got paid a lot of money, so maybe they want some return on that investment.

Edited by rocket
  • Haha 1

On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 9:49 AM, FollowTheLeader said:

I like this guys upside/physical talents as a stash/TE2 in dynasty, and I've read reports Coach McVay may game plan for Everett to become a bigger part of the LAR offense in 2019 :shrug:

Everett just needs more opportunity, and if the offense is designed for just such an event, look out! *I'd be excited to see this guy get the targets over WR3 Josh Reynolds and TE THigbee while Kupp is out, and possibly carving out his own a roll in that offense...

Looks like this may be happening sooner than we thought, and with a healthy Kupp in the picture as well...Cooks going down with a concussion should only open the door even further.

• Like 1

Looked like a legit breakout to me. Was heavily involved start to finish. Seems like Rams want to make sure to get gurley and TE involved, so even a game where Goff doesn’t pass much he could still have value. 

Think he’s worth a waiver claim even as a possible flex player

• Like 1

Are people putting in claims for this guy ? I am TE needy in multiple leagues but there are just so many mouths to feed in this offense.  I guess he can't be any worse than Howard or Cook.

He's worth a shot for TE needy teams but who knows. I'm guessing he'll be wildly inconsistent like 90% of the other TEs. The only thing I know for certain though is if I don't pick him up and he turns into something I won't benefit. 

4 hours ago, fletch44 said:

Are people putting in claims for this guy ? I am TE needy in multiple leagues but there are just so many mouths to feed in this offense.  I guess he can't be any worse than Howard or Cook.

I did with Engram likely being out for a while. He has by far the most upside of all tight ends left on my waiver wire. 11 targets as a tight end is too good to pass up even if that volume does decrease, which is likely. 

5 minutes ago, WayneFontes said:

Too many mouths to feed. Kupp is the man in that offense.

Goff is averaging 44 attempts per game so far and 58 in the last two weeks. If Kupp sees 15 targets there is still roughly 30+ to go to woods, cooks, and everett. 

"Too many mouths to feed" yet he got 19 targets in the last two weeks.  Sure, the Rams were pass heavy and threw 68 and 49 times.  And Cooks was injured last game.  So in a normal script, how many targets would there have been?  I think even if it's less, it's certainly more than the 2 that Delanie Walker has gotten each of the last 2 weeks.  And I'm sure other owners are in much the same situation.  There's not much certainty here.  But one thing is certain:  if I don't bid on him, somebody else will.  And I'm not going to enjoy watching him turn into something on someone else's team.

• Like 3

Like the potential, but I only really need him this coming weekend and SF is quite strong against TE

Edited by lolcopter

4 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

Like the potential, but I only really need him this coming weekend and SF is quite strong against TE

But if you look at who they’ve played this year, none have prominent TE’s. Cin, Pit, TB, and Cle. Not exactly a murderers row of TE performance so it really remains to be seen. In comparison to all the WW TE’s he should be targeted more than any others

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

TB, Cincinnati, Pit - Vance McDonald got hurt right away, and Cleveland with no Njoku and a trash Baker Mayfield. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CooL said:

"Too many mouths to feed" yet he got 19 targets in the last two weeks.  Sure, the Rams were pass heavy and threw 68 and 49 times.  And Cooks was injured last game.  So in a normal script, how many targets would there have been?  I think even if it's less, it's certainly more than the 2 that Delanie Walker has gotten each of the last 2 weeks.  And I'm sure other owners are in much the same situation.  There's not much certainty here.  But one thing is certain:  if I don't bid on him, somebody else will.  And I'm not going to enjoy watching him turn into something on someone else's team.

If Cooks doesn't clear conclusion protocol , that's huge for our boy here. But I don't see Everett as a ROS starter set and forget . Too early to tell , he could be , but not ready to anoint him just yet. 

Here's the way I look at it, if you don't pick him up cheap this week and he goes off Sunday he's gonna cost a ton next week. 

As mentioned, I don't buy the too many mouths to feed idea. That'd fit if he scored 3 TDs on 5 targets the past two weeks. 19 targets makes him an attractive add.

I'm desperate for a TE this week with Waller on his BYE. Hoping he can do the trick as he has seen encouraging usage recently. Going to cry if Higbee puts on a show.

I want to pick him up based on the last 2 games as a Waller BYE week filler, but I feel like targets jump around on the LAR. There's too much star power on the receiving end. I would not be surprised at all if he lays a 4 target 2/23 pile of #@^! this weekend. They also can't continue to pass so much and expect to win important/tough games, they need to return to balance. Also SF has been pretty solid against TE's (even though they haven't faced any top TE's, but who's to say Everett is?)

Edited by trolltoll

35 minutes ago, trolltoll said:

I want to pick him up based on the last 2 games as a Waller BYE week filler, but I feel like targets jump around on the LAR. There's too much star power on the receiving end. I would not be surprised at all if he lays a 4 target 2/23 pile of #@^! this weekend. They also can't continue to pass so much and expect to win important/tough games, they need to return to balance. Also SF has been pretty solid against TE's (even though they haven't faced any top TE's, but who's to say Everett is?)

Who’s to say Everett isn’t?