Gerald Everett 2019 Outlook

5 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Who’s to say Everett isn’t? 

A top tight end wouldve caught that last pass that was intercepted 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, FantasyGOAT said:

A top tight end wouldve caught that last pass that was intercepted 😉

It actually was a bad drop. Great throw right through his hands, INT game over. What he lacks in hands he seems to make up for in RAC though 

I picked him up as a BYE week filler. If Cooks is out due to the concussion, we have something here.

I'm a little worried about him this week, Bosa and the 49ers will be bringing the heat, Higbee will be needed too block, Everett might have a 2 or 3 for 30 game.  But TE's suck so oh well.

2 hours ago, mortman212 said:

I'm a little worried about him this week, Bosa and the 49ers will be bringing the heat, Higbee will be needed too block, Everett might have a 2 or 3 for 30 game.  But TE's suck so oh well.

And he might  be the safety valve for Goff.

I noticed in the game vs. Tampa he looked good on his limited work.

Last week vs. the SeaChickens, he looked really good for the most part.  

Just too tempting to pass up. Great athlete with 19 targets the past two weeks, and on one of the best offenses in football. Not to mention they don't have a prototypical endzone guy which you could certainly picture Everett evolving into. His schedule ROS after this week is phenomenal as well. 

3 hours ago, Smoketheclay said:

Not much going on in this chat...is everyone off this guy now?

We'll get our answer this week. No one on the team produced last week. He was still second in targets and had a WIDE open 40-yard walk in TD if Goff didn't miss him by 15 feet.

If Goff went for 400 and 4 and Everett put up this line then there would be cause for concern. 

7 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

We'll get our answer this week. No one on the team produced last week. He was still second in targets and had a WIDE open 40-yard walk in TD if Goff didn't miss him by 15 feet.

If Goff went for 400 and 4 and Everett put up this line then there would be cause for concern. 

Lmao hard to spread 78 passing yards between 3 WR’s and a TE 🤣

• Haha 1

Hoping for a big bounce back week this week against Atlanta so I can try to trade him next week. I already have Waller and Henry.

• Haha 2

Offered a few fair trades IMO for mid range WRs. Nobody moving too quick to accept. Probably will wind up dropping to get some WR depth. 

Not sure what to do with Everett.  I think he's shown too much promise to drop but he's my 3rd TE behind Engram & Henry.  After laying an egg last week nobody is that interested in trading for him.  Could just be another flash in the pan.  I guess I'll hang onto him for another week and see what happens.  If nothing else I have great depth at the TE position and will be preventing anyone else from having this potential weekly play at the position.

3 minutes ago, jadakid said:

Offered a few fair trades IMO for mid range WRs. Nobody moving too quick to accept. Probably will wind up dropping to get some WR depth. 

Gotta wait for Everett to have a good game.

2 minutes ago, jadakid said:

The problem is he has not established anything yet.  He's come from being a non factor to heating up two games showing signs of breaking out to running into the brick wall of SFs defense that shut the whole offense down.  It has yet to be seen whether he can be a consistent high level contributor as the entire offense including Kupp took a pause this week.  If he does nothing against Atlanta this week then there will be good reason to believe he still won't be consistently reliable, but if possible I think he's still a hold and play if you don't have a top option.

Yeah problem was he was on the WW until I picked him up after week 5 (he had good weeks 4 and 5) to fill in for Waller.  I’m thinking other teams saw that and won’t trade for someone who was just on waivers and yet to prove himself consistent. 

2 minutes ago, Smoketheclay said:

Anybody playing him vs ATL?  Considering how bad Goff was last week, he might find solace in the TEs

If you have no other options, I’d roll with him. He’s shown signs of life. That said, I would not be starting him with confidence. I’d like to see a productive day Sunday before I could say that. I think if Goff needs an outlet, he’s already shown that Kupp is the man he looks to. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Smoketheclay said:

Anybody playing him vs ATL?  Considering how bad Goff was last week, he might find solace in the TEs

Mostly former OJ owners like myself.  I don't think Goff and the Rams offense is anything close to as bad as we saw last week.  Everett has a great matchup and I expect him to be decent enough with a chance to have another great game. If he shows well this week, I think he has real value.  Though he could just as easily be a non factor this week.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mikeflavaz said:

Everett has a great matchup and I expect him to be decent enough with a chance to have another great game. If he shows well this week, I think he has real value.  Though he could just as easily be a non factor this week.

Lol, you remind me of a weatherman.  I expect it to be warm and sunny tomorrow, but it could rain

Edited by TommyKramer
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, TommyKramer said:

Lol, you remind me of a weatherman.  I expect it to be warm and sunny tomorrow, but it could rain

I'd say the Weather is much more predictable than Fantasy Football.  

Or would you rather hear: It's happening! Choo Choo! TE1 ROS! 

Edited by mikeflavaz
  • Like 1

Last week doesn't ding him IMO, no one did anything. We're still working with the two encouraging weeks IMO. ATL is terrible so I'd be reasonably confident rolling him out there. He puts up another dud it's pretty safe to assume those two weeks were a fluke. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, RandyShackleford said:

If you have no other options, I’d roll with him. He’s shown signs of life. That said, I would not be starting him with confidence. I’d like to see a productive day Sunday before I could say that. I think if Goff needs an outlet, he’s already shown that Kupp is the man he looks to. 

Definitely agree he has shown some ability that could continue. Last week was a bit of an anomaly in that the 9ers gameplan and their dominant defense were too much for the Rams O. It'll be interesting to see how things play out. I have Walker and picked up Everett to play over DW. Curious to hear your thoughts on DW over GE this week and why.