FollowTheLeader

Gerald Everett 2019 Outlook

I'm sensing a career game from Everett in this one. 

Rams should show up for a W at home.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Is there any doubt over his status for tonight? Haven’t seen any updates for a couple days now.

It sounds like he should play... I’m nervous though. Otherwise I’m starting OJ. 

On 11/14/2019 at 12:32 PM, Pooskay said:

I'm sensing a career game from Everett in this one. 

Rams should show up for a W at home.

Lol sorry guys 😂

what are ppl doing with him?  Last week he was eating, but yesterday looked like the Todd Gurley show. 

9 minutes ago, Buddha said:

what are ppl doing with him?  Last week he was eating, but yesterday looked like the Todd Gurley show. 

He only played 14 snaps... they obviously limited him due to health. If the reports are positive this week as far as not suffering any setbacks, I’d assume he’ll be full go next week, which will put him firmly as a top 10 TE.

I mean, who is out there that’s any better? I’m also a Hooper owner, and I can tell you there isn’t anything.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

He only played 14 snaps... they obviously limited him due to health. If the reports are positive this week as far as not suffering any setbacks, I’d assume he’ll be full go next week, which will put him firmly as a top 10 TE.

I mean, who is out there that’s any better? I’m also a Hooper owner, and I can tell you there isn’t anything.

Yeah, pretty much.  The Rotoworld blurb is going to misguide people into thinking he played fully and just wasn't a factor when the reality is he wasn't even really in the game period, and the only logical reason is because he's not fully healthy.  Missing Woods and Cooks and with how dreadful their passing attack is the Rams would have integrated him into the game plan if he were healthy.

I actually thought he was a DNP because of the injury until he had the catch.  I believe it if they say he played 14 snaps, but when I was looking for #81 on the field throughout the game I never even found him in and was surprised to hear his name when he made a catch.

If people are low on him because of Goff and the sputtering of the Rams offense fine, but assuming he gets healthy I'd still expect him to be a fringe top ten TE in this TE wasteland.

Rather have dwilley or hollister...so many te are better than him

I am holding to see reports. Seems he was more hurt then they said. Also tried mostly just running the ball all night,knowing Bears cant score

Next week vs.Ravenes ,they will need to score and throw to keep pace

41 minutes ago, topshelf10 said:

I am holding to see reports. Seems he was more hurt then they said. Also tried mostly just running the ball all night,knowing Bears cant score

Next week vs.Ravenes ,they will need to score and throw to keep pace

Higbee was a DNP with his knee but played more snaps than Everret who practiced all week with just a wrist injury.

I think his usage was more about the gameplan than him being healthy. I think he's a hold to see about his health and what is going on with Woods and Cooks.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

I think what we saw was the Rams going with blocking TE's to get the run game going. Rookies on the OL, previous poor play from the OL, give Goff a little more time to throw, etc. I was actually surprised to see Higbee playing...but he is a good blocker.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Stratocasters said:

I think what we saw was the Rams going with blocking TE's to get the run game going. Rookies on the OL, previous poor play from the OL, give Goff a little more time to throw, etc. I was actually surprised to see Higbee playing...but he is a good blocker.

That's the theory here:

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2019/11/18/rams-snap-counts-week-11-bears-everett/

Coming off a wrist injury, their plan is basically run it down the Bears throat.  Why throw him out there coming off wrist injury to do a bunch of hand fighting in run blocking?

Everett only played 25% of the snaps and didn’t see a single pass come his way until the fourth quarter – a 20-yard completion along the sideline. He was limited in practice all week with a wrist injury and listed as questionable going into the game, with Sean McVay saying he was sore coming out of the Rams’ loss to the Steelers. Could that injury have played a role in his limited snaps? Absolutely, and it probably did. With as much as the Rams ran the ball, McVay may have tried to protect Everett’s wrist by not asking him to run block much.

The Rams set out to run the ball straight at the Bears on Sunday night, giving Todd Gurley 25 carries. Everett is a capable blocker, but Mundt and Higbee are above him in that regard. The Rams utilized 12 personnel on 34 plays, which is their most of the season, and tried to establish the run. Getting two good blocking tight ends on the field was a priority for Los Angeles, and Everett simply didn’t get the call.

As for what to make of this going against the Ravens?  Eh.  Ravens D is much improved, Cooks could be coming back, and it seems like McVay is listening to the criticism of being figured out and might be trying to change things up offensively, so I have no idea what to expect.  Looking like a boom or bust guy, but not one that I have better options than personally.

46 minutes ago, CharlesCC2 said:

That's the theory here:

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2019/11/18/rams-snap-counts-week-11-bears-everett/

Coming off a wrist injury, their plan is basically run it down the Bears throat.  Why throw him out there coming off wrist injury to do a bunch of hand fighting in run blocking?

Agreed...I think they will do the same plan all year since goff sucks. Everett is a safe drop imo

3 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

Agreed...I think they will do the same plan all year since goff sucks. Everett is a safe drop imo

They won't be able to do that all year. A big part of the Ram's game plan hinged on the fact that they were playing the Bears, who are arguably the worst offense in the NFL right now. 

• Like 2

Everett will bounce back. No one besides Gurley did anything.

However, if guys like Ryan Griffin, Jared Cook, Goedert are available they're worth a look.

• Like 1

Rams will have to throw to keep up with the Ravens. Can't see them going run heavy like they were able to do vs the Bears.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, topshelf10 said:

I think he can be easily dropped now

Not even in the game most of the time

Higbie getting alot more snaps and routes

That’s because he destroyed his knee.

Gerald Everett played 17-of-54 offensive snaps in Los Angeles' Week 12 loss to Baltimore.

His 14-snap performance against the Bears on Sunday night can be attributed to an ankle injury, but Monday night's follow-up was a clear lack of on-field usage after the explosive 25-year-old practiced in full throughout the week. For what it's worth, Tyler Higbee played 38 snaps (70%) and saw six targets. Fantasy players should look to stream heading into the playoffs rather than confidently relying on Everett (and Jared Goff, for that matter) over the next five games.

What are we supposed to make of this?  Almost impossible to trust him even against Arizona.  Seattle is also near the top of the list for points allowed to TE, so at best you hold him to see what happens against Arizona for the Seattle matchup.  Or are you guys flat out dropping him?

20 hours ago, tpat30 said:

I am dropping ,hoping to get 

Doyle or Rudolph

I have dallas as my tight end also

Everett might have a great game,just no way of trusting him

He must be playing thur an injury. Cant figure out why else he isnt getting many snaps

56 minutes ago, CharlesCC2 said:

What are we supposed to make of this?  Almost impossible to trust him even against Arizona.  Seattle is also near the top of the list for points allowed to TE, so at best you hold him to see what happens against Arizona for the Seattle matchup.  Or are you guys flat out dropping him?

Can’t trust him. Best to go after the best option on your wire.

He’s gotta be hurt... Higbee looks like the TE1 on that team right now.