nlm

Max Kepler 2019 Outlook

lolllll this forum is allergic to this dude. Happy to be the sole member of the Kepler club, dude is raking.

• Like 1

Love this dude. 2nd/6th in the AL/MLB in HRs, 5/13 in RBIs and 10/22 in runs, most underrated player in fantasy 

Keeps this up and he will be in the MVP discussion.  

• Like 1

Definitely my best pick this year in a disgusting season of injuries. My only nitpick is that he is VERY pull heavy. If I am not mistaken he has 1 HR left of center all year, and it was down the line. Spray chart also shows most liners to right. Seems like that's exploitable eventually.

I've loved Kepler since he first came onto the minors scene, but I won't be surprised if this goes down as his career year. 
He is pull-heavy, like mentioned above, and I'll be trying to flip him this off-season in my keep-10 league.

Surely if he reaches 40 homers this year on the most prolific power offense of all-time, a suitor will come calling. 

Full disclosure: I drafted him in 50% of leagues this year, have profited, and now it feels like it's time to profit some more with a sale. I think he'll continue to hover between good and very-good,  but I'm hoping someone will pay for him like he'll be great. Slim difference, but that's where I'm at currently. Big fan though. It's possible we haven't seen the best of his stolen base production too. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

I've loved Kepler since he first came onto the minors scene, but I won't be surprised if this goes down as his career year. 
He is pull-heavy, like mentioned above, and I'll be trying to flip him this off-season in my keep-10 league.

Surely if he reaches 40 homers this year on the most prolific power offense of all-time, a suitor will come calling. 

Full disclosure: I drafted him in 50% of leagues this year, have profited, and now it feels like it's time to profit some more with a sale. I think he'll continue to hover between good and very-good,  but I'm hoping someone will pay for him like he'll be great. Slim difference, but that's where I'm at currently. Big fan though. It's possible we haven't seen the best of his stolen base production too. 

I’m right there with you on all of this.  I failed hard trying to trade him this deadline though, no one willing to pay at all

On 8/1/2019 at 5:09 PM, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

Idk man a young dude coming into his own is what I see. Solid team being built around him. Im kinda loving his situation. 

43 minutes ago, Mrmann1 said:

Idk man a young dude coming into his own is what I see. Solid team being built around him. Im kinda loving his situation. 

I think he's just one of those taken for granted type of players that is basically going to have to do this for another year to gain full respect.    I think the overall fantasy draft view  next year will be that you won't probably reach for him but will take if he falls into your normal drafting order.  If he repeats his stats next year then I would think he would get full credit...  

• Like 1

On 7/27/2019 at 1:32 AM, Jyeatbvg said:

Might hit 40 this year.

Has to hit 9 in 50 games to reach 40. 

Any word why no Kepler tonight? He’s 6-16 lifetime vs Giolito. This has me worried. 

It's crunch time, despite how great he's been (other than slumping AVG) can't get attached to anyone especially with people like myself with the championship week about to commence. If he needs more than half a weeks rest I'm safely dropping. It's now or never time.