Sign in to follow this  
Hollywood42

Help with final keepers- WHIR!

I get 5 keepers in my 12 team points league (25 man roster, price to keep increases by 1 round each year). Pretty set on keeping Berrios (7), Gleyber (16), and Scooter (24). Need to decide who I'm keeping and who I'm trying to trade among the following.

• Hoskins (4)
  • Paxton (5)
  • Eddie Rosario (10)
  • Mikolas (22)

Pitcher are pretty valuable in this league, so I'd like to keep Paxton or Mikolas to ensure I get a decent start of a staff. Paxton is better but wouldn't come at much of a discount, whereas Mikolas is great value but I've seen people question how worthwhile he'll be.

Then between Hoskins/Rosario, similar situation. Hoskins is better but not much of a discount, Rosario has solid value but not a steal. Leaning Hoskins here to lock up some stud production.

I pick 8th in the draft and will likely try to target Scherzer if he's not kept. I currently don't have a 2nd round pick and can't let the top tier arms all go off the board before I can get one

These are some ugly values. 

I think id go rosario and paxton.

I think Hoskins and Paxton offer you the best talent regardless of round kept so I'd go with them. Typically I like to see more of a variance in the round kept vs actual round drafted in a normal league but in this instance I don't really like the value of the others even though they can be kept later. I think Mikolas regresses this year due to his lack of swing and miss stuff as compared to other guys being drafted in his range. 

I would go Hoskins and Mikolas. I'd go Miles over Paxton because of the value, injury risk for Paxton and ballpark they play in.