Sign in to follow this  
BostonCajun

Rich Hill 2019 Outlook

1 hour ago, Panther239 said:

Not already with this guy

spacer.png

Happens every year, he is 39 years old

Does Rich even have Pitcher eligibility anymore? Feel like by now he can only be drafted for your DL slot. 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, OrangeCrush said:

Assuming there will be some sort of PC Sunday?

70 pitches or a blister, whichever comes first.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

22 minutes ago, mocha4313 said:

He returns today. We starting him? Pirates lineup doesn't scare anyone

I don't have him, but yes everyone should start him.

In his rehab start he went 4 IP, 2 hits and 8 Ks.

What did LA do with his starts last year as far as PC? Always under 100? I see he threw 85 today but feel like that was the norm last yr as well. Any insight on how they plan to use him?

Edited by OrangeCrush

8 minutes ago, OrangeCrush said:

What did LA do with his starts last year as far as PC? Always under 100? I see he threw 85 today but feel like that was the norm last yr as well. Any insight on how they plan to use him?

If you discount the game where he left due to injury in the first inning, he averaged 91.5 pitches/start last season. 

Edited by sleepysock

31 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

Nothing to do with fantasy baseball, everything to do with humanity. Tough read, but damn good.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/rich-hill-mlb-dodgers

That is one of the most gut-wrenching pieces I've ever read. I honestly don't even know how he wrote it. That he's been able to continue his career and pitch at the level he has after going through that is incredible.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

Nothing to do with fantasy baseball, everything to do with humanity. Tough read, but damn good.

Thank you for sharing that. That was extremely difficult to read. What an incredible story of heartbreak but also of strength. I cannot imagine getting that type of news and having to make some of those decisions they made. It really puts things into perspective. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Backdoor Slider said:

Wow.  That was one of the most incredible and heart-wrenching articles I ever read.  I recommend everyone read that.  I totally lost it when he told about how they quietly whisper-sang "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" to their dying baby Brooks.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Wow.  That was one of the most incredible and heart-wrenching articles I ever read.  I recommend everyone read that.  I totally lost it when he told about how they quietly whisper-sang "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" to their dying baby Brooks.

I always somewhat enjoyed watching Hill, not sure why, maybe his competitive spirit, antics on the field or whatever. He just would make me laugh or impress me with his curve ball and pitching in general. Now I'll be rooting him on even more (and I don't like the Dodgers, at all)! I have a 13 month old and it just hit home hard. Ok I have to stop, more tears welling.

• Like 2

Just gonna bump this post from the 2018 thread cause it's probably going to be relevant again this season lol

On 6/15/2018 at 7:19 PM, street sharks said:

This dude is about to pull a 2017 Hill. 

His peripherals were terrible to start last season as well. Much like this thread, you could go back to his 2017 thread where people were claiming he was toast, and that he should be dropped. I stupidly listened and dropped him towards the end of June, and I came to regret that move so, so hard. Once July rolled around the phoenix arose from the ashes, and out came Dick Mountain.

MkYpw3p.png

And here's his stats this year. Looking just like the beginning of 2017.

JauMtEY.png

I should also mention last season, it took him 2 DL trips to get right. And he'd now be coming off his 2nd DL stint of 2018   👀

Edited by street sharks
  • Like 1

This dude is really not very reliable. But - as the argument goes - he's elite when he plays.

That has not been the case.

His next start is v Padres. One would think this is a good start - but he was actually torched by the Padres just 5 days ago. 

this is not "what I was waiting for." 

Let me guess - a blister has formed or some such BS.

5 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

This dude is really not very reliable. But - as the argument goes - he's elite when he plays.

That has not been the case.

His next start is v Padres. One would think this is a good start - but he was actually torched by the Padres just 5 days ago. 

this is not "what I was waiting for." 

Let me guess - a blister has formed or some such BS.

The Padres are a scary team these days even with Tatis on the IL.