fawkes_mulder

Christin Stewart 2019 Outlook

I love this guy for fantasy. He's bad defensively, so his back end top 100 status has suppressed his value to people who blindly look at prospect lists. His bat is very talented. In his cup of coffee last year, he had a .267/.375/.417 slash. His SLUG I'd expect to be much higher. Most people have him pegged as plus or plus plus power, meaning I'd expect 25-35 homeruns in a full season of ABs. Even though he's bad defensively, he's basically guaranteed playing time this year for the Tigers in the outfield, and he'll have Miggy and Castellanos around him most likely (perhaps Josh Harrison), so the runs and RBI should not be too bad...

Healthy 13.9% BB, 18.1% K in his cup of coffee last year. 72 PA so small sample. But kid can hit.

He's already hit two spring training bombs too. I am targeting him EVERYWHERE.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I'm gonna go out on a limb for a second. I think Christin Stewart is basically Castellanos with a better BB%. I think he returns top 100 value this year. And he's being drafted #352 in NFBC right now.

Solid tout here. Although I don't think he will hit for much average. In OBP leagues he will certainly have more value. Good last round / $1 flyer.

I can definitely see him going 20/75 as soon as this year and more in the future.  It's very encouraging he knows how to take a walk.  He's a cheap late round option that can produce surplus value.

5 hours ago, BMcP said:

Are you...Christin?

I will die on this hill. I will happily eat crow if Christin sucks.

That all said, as a PSA to the whole RW community, get this super stud now before it is too late. hahaha. but for real.

Edited by fawkes_mulder
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, fawkes_mulder said:

I will die on this hill. I will happily eat crow if Christin sucks.

That all said, as a PSA to the whole RW community, get this super stud now before it is too late. hahaha. but for real.

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

both rosterresource and drafthelp have him batting 2nd after Harrison, and in front of Castellanos and Cabrera. Stewart has had a good BB%, this spot would certainly be better for R/RBI.

12 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Hey @fawkes_mulder can he hit lefties, or will they platoon him a bunch??

I think he will get chance to hit lefties and be an every day player. Sample very small from MLB last year, only struck out once in 14 PA vs them though and he could hit both in minor leagues.

Edited by fawkes_mulder

19 minutes ago, fawkes_mulder said:

I think he will get chance to hit lefties and be an every day player. Sample very small from MLB last year, only struck out once in 14 PA vs them though and he could hit both in minor leagues.

Gotcha- Yeah did a quick check and he actually hit for a higher BA v LH than RH last year in AAA (.274/.377/.427) just lacked the pop...interesting

Interesting potential, and his stats so far this spring have been solid.  A bit high on the K's though, as he was last season in his brief time up as well.  Another player to add to the list of interesting players with potential to take late in the draft.

Rotochamp has Stewart hitting 2nd...RosterResouce has him hitting 5th. Interesting differences. 

On 3/9/2019 at 6:52 PM, nittanychris said:

I like him too. Any concern at all he's in a platoon? 

Probably not. He's had an OPS over .800 against lefties the past two minor league seasons.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

Rotochamp has Stewart hitting 2nd...RosterResouce has him hitting 5th. Interesting differences. 

I'm not sure the reasoning, but RosterResource changed their projected lineup then since they had Stewart hitting 2nd as recently as Saturday according to another person here.

I'm fine with either spot.  It would just change him from being a potential contributor in Runs with minimal RBI opportunities to a guy who could contribute in RBIs with potentially minimal Runs. 

Looked good at the start of spring but he's been in a real hole lately. I wonder if he's going to have these sorts of cold streaks throughout the season. And they don't quite know where to bat him in the order it seems. Every time I check a Tigers box score he's somewhere else in the order.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Hockey_Baseball said:

Looked good at the start of spring but he's been in a real hole lately. I wonder if he's going to have these sorts of cold streaks throughout the season. And they don't quite know where to bat him in the order it seems. Every time I check a Tigers box score he's somewhere else in the order.

I mean, he’s 3% owned for a reason.

Nice end game pick for 20 homers. You could do worse for a 5th OF if you spend your budget elsewhere

• Like 1

Live in Michigan & have watched many Detroit games. 

Stewart had a great first game then got lost at the plate a tad. Ton of power potential - He has looked great the past two games. Top half of Detroits lineup is starting to gel. 

Just picked him up in my league. 

Been rounding into form. Last 8 games: .345/.424/.759 – 2 HR, 4 2B, 1 3B, 9 RBI

Of course he's day-to-day now after some sort of quad spasms.... should he be fine for next week, they have 4 @BOS and 3 @CHW.