fawkes_mulder

Christin Stewart 2019 Outlook

Stewart has been activated from the IL, but not in the lineup today.

Time to pick him up if you didn't already have him stashed. The stats have been impressive with a small sample size people.

9 minutes ago, kingdavid206 said:

Time to pick him up if you didn't already have him stashed. The stats have been impressive with a small sample size people.

I'm not sold. Even in a fairly deep league, I'm letting him sit on the wire for a bit. Plenty of solid OF's out there.

9 hours ago, Roto4500 said:

I'm not sold. Even in a fairly deep league, I'm letting him sit on the wire for a bit. Plenty of solid OF's out there.

Very true that is understandable. I am in a points league that values power quite a lot. I will roll the dice and cut bait if I need to eventually.

The power is real.  He's decent against LHP.  He's young, cost controlled, on a rebuilding team.  He'll get to play through slumps.  I feel he's the typical .250/.350.480 corner we see everywhere.  That has value, but I don't see a high AVG.  In a bad DET lineup, he'll be a 1 or 2 category hitter, so temper expectations.

Scrounging for bats right now and it looks like this guy's picking up the speed since returning from the IL. He's 7/24 with three homers in the past week after being activated. 

Detroit has a series against Baltimore coming up, anybody on Stewart?