Sign in to follow this  
MSU2661

Just drafted rate my team! 10th overall pick

12 team H2H. 6X5 (hitting has avg, r, rbi, HR, SB, OBP). Daily lineups with 7 acquisitions each week and I’m active on the waiver for daily pitcher starts.

c contreras

1b smoak

2b altuve

3b turner

ss lindor

of Benintiendi, Hoskins, Haniger, Rosario, 

util pollock

bench shaw

SP bumgarner, Morton, keuchel, freeland,  Lester, Rodon, ryu, stripling, mchugh

rp allen, Britton 

Edited by MSU2661

Real nice iffense sans first base, love your speed here. Pitching sucks hut youll use the wire.

3 hours ago, CrypTviLL said:

Real nice iffense sans first base, love your speed here. Pitching sucks hut youll use the wire.

The guy with Votto wants turner. Would you swap turner and smoak for Votto? to replace turner in my lineup with shaw

Edited by MSU2661

59 minutes ago, MSU2661 said:

The guy with Votto wants turner. Would you swap turner and smoak for Votto? to replace turner in my lineup with shaw

I would definitely trade Justin Turner and Smoak for Votto. Votto is the far better fantasy asset. That is a slam dunk for me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MSU2661 said:

The guy with Votto wants turner. Would you swap turner and smoak for Votto with Shaw to replace turner in my lineup?

nope

2 hours ago, MSU2661 said:

You are going to find a wide range of opinions on this.  I don't absolutely hate it but I also think you don't need to.  

Personally I'm not touching Votto this year.  I don't even have him in the top 100.  Others are ranking him in the top 50.  

Is Shaw 1B eligible in your league?  If so I'd just sit tight...  and I expect Shaw > Smoak if so.

7 hours ago, CrypTviLL said:

I would definitely trade Justin Turner and Smoak for Votto. Votto is the far better fantasy asset. That is a slam dunk for me. 

7 hours ago, Windgara said:

nope

5 hours ago, LJJr said:

You are going to find a wide range of opinions on this.  I don't absolutely hate it but I also think you don't need to.  

Personally I'm not touching Votto this year.  I don't even have him in the top 100.  Others are ranking him in the top 50.  

Is Shaw 1B eligible in your league?  If so I'd just sit tight...  and I expect Shaw > Smoak if so.

So Shaw is no 1b eligible.

so this guy doesn’t want to move Votto now but he wants to trade me Kershaw for turner. Is my pitching so awful that I take this risk, move Shaw to 3b and pray for Kershaws health?

34 minutes ago, MSU2661 said:

so this guy doesn’t want to move Votto now but he wants to trade me Kershaw for turner. Is my pitching so awful that I take this risk, move Shaw to 3b and pray for Kershaws health?

That's a real tough one. Toss up. I can't really recommend either way. I like Kershaw, but his injury really scares me.

On 2/28/2019 at 9:23 PM, CrypTviLL said:

That's a real tough one. Toss up. I can't really recommend either way. I like Kershaw, but his injury really scares me.

On 2/28/2019 at 8:48 PM, MSU2661 said:

So Shaw is no 1b eligible.

Agree with Crypt....    that's a really tough one.  Kershaw is so crazy volatile this year with the injury concerns.  He could be a top 5 SP and he could be near worthless.  Most likely... he misses a month or two and gives you good numbers when he plays.

Is that worth giving up justin turner for?  Maybe...      Ugh I'm having a hard time with this.  Shaw is more than capable at 3B as a turner replacement, this all comes down to rolling the dice on Kershaw's health.   I might lean just slightly yes as the upside here is huge and honestly that's not an unreasonable ask on his part (turner).  It's just risky and I couldn't fault you either way on it.

Do not trade for Kershaw. There's a reason he suddenly changed his mind.

You definitely need to improve your pitching a tiny bit, but since there are 6 hitting categories, it's more important for you to have an advantage there than in pitching. However, you do need to improve at 1B. I'd deal one of your outfielders or Turner for a first baseman. There's consensus here that Smoak is not a good option there.

On 2/28/2019 at 1:57 PM, LJJr said:

Why are you so down on Votto this year? He actually has guys to get on base and hit in for once. I expect his numbers to go up, not down.

On 3/5/2019 at 10:41 PM, jimbo504 said:

Why are you so down on Votto this year? He actually has guys to get on base and hit in for once. I expect his numbers to go up, not down.

Because he's getting older and because he was so bad last year I ended up dropping him in a couple places.  Maybe I'm just bitter.  It's very possible he bounces back, he's certainly talented enough.  I'm not willing to pay any kind of premium for him though and am happy to let others take him higher than I'm willing to.  It's also possible he doesn't.  You are right the much improved lineup is certainly a plus but he only hit what...12 hr last year?   

In short I assign a fairly high volatility to him as far as outcomes for this season and as a result I'm just out.  I feel like to get him where he tends to go in drafts you are paying for the upper part of his outcome range and that's too high a price for me.

Edited by LJJr