crotchcrickets

The Next "Wander Franco"

I would like to get a leg up on my league-mates this year and snag a player with alot of helium.

Who do yall think will be the next Acuna...Vladdy...Franco?

Basically a prospect that is being ranked outside of the top 50 that could shoot up the rankings after this year?

Is Brujan a guy (top 20 - 40) who could make the leap to top 5?

Would love your thoughts.

Last year's top J2 guy Luciano is an obvious choice.  Sucks that he's a Giants prospect but the tools are there.

I'm excited to see a larger sample size from Brayan Rohicoo and Antoni Flores.

• Like 2

I dont think there will be a post top 100 guy will jump into top 5.

Marco Luciano, Antoni Florres, , Deivi Garcia, and Drew Waters seem like guys who could make a sizable jump. 

Thomas Sazpucki might be someone who follows thie Chris Paddack mold, but not as dramatic. 

• Like 2

All good names to look into.

12 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

I dont think there will be a post top 100 guy will jump into top 5.

Marco Luciano, Antoni Florres, , Deivi Garcia, and Drew Waters seem like guys who could make a sizable jump. 

Thomas Sazpucki might be someone who follows thie Chris Paddack mold, but not as dramatic. 

Yea i didn't necessarily mean that they would make the jump over the next year, maybe over the course of the next couple seasons.

I was just wondering if Brujan could make the jump to top 5.

I should have probably been more clear, but can't edit now.

Brujam could definitiley be top 5-10 by the end of the year, he's already top 50 in quite a few.

More names Jazz Chisholm, Kristian Robinson, and I'll second Ronny Marucio

I'm with most.  Unlikely a meteoric rise into the top 5 from anyone listed outside (most) top 100s.  @brockpapersizer lists Chisholm and he is a guy that I have also been high on.  Some sites have him in their top 100 and others don't have him at all, so it varies.  From a fantasy perspective, if he can cut down the Ks this year I would definitely put in in the top 10 next year.  He apparently has the range, arm and glove to stick at short and the power seems real plus it also seems like he'll be able to swipe some bases, at least early in his career.

IF Anderson Tejeda can reduce his K rate by a little, he's someone that can jump well into the top 50s.  Freudis Nova has some big helium potential as well.  It's going to be a big year for these two as far as seeing how high and how fast they can both jump(at the very least legitimize them as prospects).  Jordyn Adams and Kristian Robinson ooze with raw talent too.

Edited by I like baseball
  • Like 1

Grant Lavigne and Triston Casas are guys I’m high on for fantasy. Even with a monster year they won’t be top 20 because they are corner infielders probably 1b. When looking at lists, you generally have to assume that guys who don’t have a strong defensive profile wont make it to the top 10 on basically any lists. I think both guys have potential to be an elite 1b. I’d also like to reiterate that 1b isn’t what it use to be in fantasy. Lots of these guys get platooned now.  Jose Martinez who has a solid year last year , certainly not amazing , was a top 10 1b and 8 if you throw out two guys who qualified elsewhere.

My only point is having a stud everyday 1b this year and the foreseeable future is more valuable than it was 5-10 years ago.  So while first base prospects are incredibly risky, their upside is actually stronger than it has been previously. In like a 12 team league I feel better about waiting on outfielder, even when I need 5 of them , than I do a first basemen. Getting the next goldy, feeeman, Rizzo, etc is very valuable and these guys won’t be high on lists. The fact that the NL is eventually going to have a dh makes some of these guys a little less risky too, specifically Lavigne. 

• Like 2

The right answer is NO ONE. 

If the question is just for someone making a huge jump. Athony Calabello!  The J2 guys have a lot of mystery box to them until state side scouting happens except the top tier ones. I hedge my bets which organization they landed. Why? Because clearly some teams are just way better at IFA's scouting then others (See White Sox vs Padres and getting Tatis as a throw in)

Luccino is a easy/lazy answer for being a top guy. For bold? Throw me down for Juinor Sanquintin. Indians seem to have a good feel for IFA's with hitting skills sets and Sanquintin is suppose to be extremely project able.

The 2018 IFA class is probably the last of semi-reliable scouting on Venezualen players. Given the countries dark turn in the past year or so. 

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

WANDER JAVIER.

Dusty, is that you?  😂

People definitely shouldn't forget about him.

Speaking of first baseman, I'm already licking my chops at the chances of adding Andrew Vaughn.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Slatykamora said:

Luccino is a easy/lazy answer for being a top guy. For bold? 

Luciano might be the lazy answer, but Wander Franco was the lazy answer last year.

4 hours ago, brockpapersizer said:

Another good name is obviously George Valera. He's ranked high on some lists already, but not in some top 100s. Could skyrocket. 

That's the player I'm really high on

I second George Valera.

I also like Xavier Edwards. Another high risk guy could be Jordyn Adams.

Already said, but George Valera for sure.  Heard multiple Soto comps with him and I think his lack of exposure is what makes him ripe for a meteoric rise.  He's high on some lists and non existent on others because he's barely hit state side.  He was the #2 international signing in 2017 ranked right behind Franco and look where Franco is now after just 1 full season.  Get on him wherever you can.