BrianM

Curtis Samuel 2019 Outlook

5 hours ago, oresteszero said:

Hopefully Cam’s accuracy improved over the offseason. Samuel is a talented WR.. just needs someone to throw the ball to him. 

He had a 68% completion percentage last year. By far the highest of his career and far above the average starting qb. Tom brady has reached 68% just once like 10 years ago. So if cam can repeat that performance I think he'll be fine

Edited by Stonej14
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Stonej14 said:

He had a 68% completion percentage last year. By far the highest of his career and far above the average starting qb. Tom brady has reached 68% just once like 10 years ago. So if cam can repeat that performance I think he'll be fine

Or maybe half his passes were 2 yard dump offs to cmc who had most receptions of a RB

1 hour ago, gus030 said:

Or maybe half his passes were 2 yard dump offs to cmc who had most receptions of a RB

Even if you take away all of CMC targets and catches he was a 62% completion percentage. Not bad since you essentially take away all of his easy throws. 

It would probably also move his average depth of target back to 10 yards plus like it has been thru most of his career. Usually one of the highest in the league. Drew brees is usually towards the bottom of this. Last year his average depth of target was only 7 yards. The high average depth of target means more difficult throws which obviously leads to lower completion % .

Not saying cam is hyper accurate but hes not the heap of trash ppl think he is because of his completion percentage is low. It's because he takes a higher percentage of difficult throws compared to brees or brady who get 100 easy dump offs a year... and they're just more accurate

Edited by Stonej14
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Stonej14 said:

his completion percentage is low. It's because he takes a higher percentage of difficult throws compared to brees or brady who get 100 easy dump offs a year... and they're just more accurate

That's great for Samuel. 

On 8/16/2019 at 6:59 AM, ItsMeMario said:

Impossible to draft him this season and maybe beyond. 

Cam Newton is now a Vegan since this offseason, he will throw less far and have less energy as the season goes on. You telling me eating lettuce and beans will work ? Dude will have brain fog between snaps

Vegan = more prone to injury and spaghetti arms 

Sucks for Samuel

Cam is injured. Congratulations on the astute prognostication!

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, HarambeLives said:

This guy even worth holding anymore ?

If you don’t want him I’ll take him. 

1 hour ago, oresteszero said:

If you don’t want him I’ll take him. 

More of a if this Cam injury turns out to be more serious than its let on to be. 

Edited by HarambeLives

1 hour ago, collucho said:

Will it be Curtis or DJ that breaks out this year?

Curtis appears to be ahead of DJ in the pecking order as of now. It appears he has a higher level of skill at this point, and his physical attributes are quite impressive, too.

1 hour ago, collucho said:

Will it be Curtis or DJ that breaks out this year?

It could also be none of the above or even both. No idea personally but I have Samuel so I hope it's him. 

• Like 1

Why is everyone so low on him in what should be a fairly high scoring game vs the Rams? Shoot, I think I'm going to flex him over Damien Williams, Coleman, and Breida

I believe they will design special plays to get the ball to Samuel with screens and reverses.

I could see him putting up similar numbers Percy Harvin did few years back. 

Now would be the time to buy low on him, before week 1. 

Edited by CViewPride35
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, CViewPride35 said:

I believe they will design special plays to get the ball to Samuel with screens and reverses.

I could see him putting up similar numbers Percy Harvin did few years back. 

Now would be the time to buy low on him, before week 1. 

No one is selling low him if they drafted him. I wouldn’t. 

Samuel should return wr3 numbers at worst this year if Newton can stay healthy.  Without Newton in there though, Samuel becomes pretty useless because he'll have Kyle Allen throwing him the ball.

I’m afraid Antonio Brown signs with the Panthers.  What would this do to Moore and Samuel’s value? I picked Moore in the 6th round and Samuel in the 8th round.

• Haha 1

For those worried about Cam

Newton was immobilized in a walking boot after spraining his foot in the third preseason game. The Panthers were adamant the sprain was minor and expected Newton to return to practice. That's exactly what's played out over the past two weeks as Newton as gradually and smoothly increased his practice participation. He was not listed on the practice participation report this week which confirms he was able to take every planned practice repetition and did not receive additional treatments during practice time. Further -- and most important for his statistical expectations -- Newton's mobility has been a non-issue in practice. Ron Rivera told reporters Newton would be able "to do the things he has normally done" in his Friday press conference. Newton hasn't been full strength in years. We may see Newton scrambling and rushing successfully and throwing the ball to all levels for the first time since 2017.

i also think Newton gets less credit than he should in term of accuracy. Bc it how mobile he is? Samuel should operate as a wr2 with top 10 upside with his floor being wr3 flex which isn’t even that bad.

• Like 1

Awfully quiet in here, what do we think about Curtis now? Dropping feels like a slight overreaction since I drafted him in the 8th round but I drafted Robby Anderson in a similar spot last year and dropping him kinda turned out to be the right call (didn't make playoffs so his late season flourish didnt matter to me and was horrible every other week except one).

Panthers trailed the whole game and he only saw 4 targets??

Moore fumbled twice and still saw more than double the amount of targets? (10 vs 4)

It feels smart to hold on to him with a matchup against the Bucs coming up but with all these WRs staring at me from the waiver wire it has me thinking...

• Like 1

I am not loving all my shares right about now...more worried about Cam, he was so scattershot with his accuracy/touch. Samuel was beating CBs all over the field but I am not sure Cam can get the ball downfield to him?

I’m starting Samuel next week against Tampa bay, I’d hate to say he’s due but the game should have one of the higher point totals like last week except the bucs don’t have nearly the talent at corner to contain Samuel. I think checkdowns to him will be more in the game plan against a worse team that tackles worse. 

5 hours ago, stay_woke said:

Awfully quiet in here, what do we think about Curtis now? Dropping feels like a slight overreaction since I drafted him in the 8th round but I drafted Robby Anderson in a similar spot last year and dropping him kinda turned out to be the right call (didn't make playoffs so his late season flourish didnt matter to me and was horrible every other week except one).

Panthers trailed the whole game and he only saw 4 targets??

Moore fumbled twice and still saw more than double the amount of targets? (10 vs 4)

It feels smart to hold on to him with a matchup against the Bucs coming up but with all these WRs staring at me from the waiver wire it has me thinking...

There’s really no one with lower  upside on your roster that you can drop?

Aside from 8 team leagues I think he’s a must hold. CMC isn’t gonna have an out of this world game every week, Cam won’t always be abysmal, and you can’t count on Olsen to stay healthy.

Im holding.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, atrium said:

There’s really no one with lower  upside on your roster that you can drop?

Aside from 8 team leagues I think he’s a must hold. CMC isn’t gonna have an out of this world game every week, Cam won’t always be abysmal, and you can’t count on Olsen to stay healthy.

Im holding.

Oh I'm definitely holding through the bucs game but if he doesn't show up I'm probably cutting him. [...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story