BrianM

Curtis Samuel 2019 Outlook

Not feeling very confident. Trying not to overreact but Im having a hard time thinking of any way Cam can Support more than 2 Guys weekly. CMC , Moore and Olsen are gonna be his reads most of the time.  

He played over 90% of the snaps, and Greg Olsen is already on the injury report and not a sure thing to suit up tomorrow.  I think there will be better days ahead for Samuel.

• Like 2

Having a hard time deciding if holding Samuel is the right choice. The problem is that we're stuck in wait-and-see mode with Samuel, but the potential league winning acquisitions are out there NOW and wont be there if we choose to wait. I know his snap count is great, but is it worth holding him over taking a chance on some of the WW pieces out there?

34 minutes ago, cbsholy said:

Having a hard time deciding if holding Samuel is the right choice. The problem is that we're stuck in wait-and-see mode with Samuel, but the potential league winning acquisitions are out there NOW and wont be there if we choose to wait. I know his snap count is great, but is it worth holding him over taking a chance on some of the WW pieces out there?

If you're in Yahoo and he doesn't do anything tomorrow against the Bucs you can drop him and pick someone else up. If he doesn't get atleast 7 targets I'm probably gonna have to drop him for a kicker.

11 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

If you're in Yahoo and he doesn't do anything tomorrow against the Bucs you can drop him and pick someone else up. If he doesn't get atleast 7 targets I'm probably gonna have to drop him for a kicker.

Unfortunately have to make a decision before the Thursday game starts, which makes it hard. 

The worst part is I love Samuel as a player, it's really not his fault. He just doesnt seem to be getting the opportunities 

Not sure why everyone is freaking out after week 1. Did we really expect him to go off against Aqub Talib and Marcus Peters? Not to mention the fact that Cam has obvious rust and is overcoming a preseason foot injury. I think the passing game ramps up in the coming weeks as they face softer secondaries.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, JoeG03 said:

Not sure why everyone is freaking out after week 1. Did we really expect him to go off against Aqub Talib and Marcus Peters? Not to mention the fact that Cam has obvious rust and is overcoming a preseason foot injury. I think the passing game ramps up in the coming weeks as they face softer secondaries.

I mainly expected him to get more than 4 targets with them trailing the whole game and Moore fumbling twice. I think that's the main concern here.

All these other #2 and #3 and #4 WRs on all these other teams went off last week and Samuel sh**ts the bed. Lovely. Even if he gets a handful of targets week 2 not sure he's someone who is trustworthy in lineups for a few weeks.

I’d try to buy low. He flashed those route running skills and once Cam gets in a groove he’ll take more shots. 

Everybody is assuming Bucs defense is terrible but Garoppolo didn't exactly torch them:

18 for 27 / 166 yds / 1 TD / 1 INT

30 minutes ago, Nap Time said:

Everybody is assuming Bucs defense is terrible but Garoppolo didn't exactly torch them:

18 for 27 / 166 yds / 1 TD / 1 INT

Who has Garoppolo torched?

I'll hang up and listen...

I'm thinking about benching him though. Thursday night games suck. It stinks to go Thursday to Sunday with a bad Thursday start.

26 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Who has Garoppolo torched?

I'll hang up and listen...

I'm thinking about benching him though. Thursday night games suck. It stinks to go Thursday to Sunday with a bad Thursday start.

The Jags 2 years ago...

Cost me a fn championship!

(Got back and won it last year though)

Starting him because I have limited options and it was a short week where CMC touched the ball 30 times and the Panthers played the Rams. Hard for anytime to get their game plan going against that defense and to showcase what you have been doing in camp against those savvy rams cornerbacks. And if it’s time to show case what you got, ain’t no better matchup than the Bucs.

Edited by Watitdookie

I think Samuel will take off when Cam's foot heals.  You'll know the foot is good when Cam starts running again.

Well, we definitely know the problem is not Samuel. On his 44 yard catch Cam underthrew him on what should have, quite honestly, easily been a 75 yard touchdown. 

Cam proved to be quite errant and off-target with a LOT of balls tonight. A lot of them were way off, and some were off just enough to make a receiver have to slow down or stutter step to catch it instead of being able to catch it in stride. Took away a lot of yards from his receivers. And then of course there were quite a few balls where he was no where close, either throwing it completely out of bounds or hitting the ground well short of his target.

I love Samuel, he's looking great, and he's getting targets, which is great. The quality of targets isn't the greatest though, and anyone who saw the game tonight would say it's frustrating to watch. I honestly believe that if Samuel had Mahomes or a more accurate/stronger quarterback he'd actually be pretty capable of putting up Tyreek-esque numbers. Just as someone who watched "most" of the game tonight and not all of it, Samuel could've quite easily had 150+ yards and 2 TDs. 

It was a pretty sloppy and ugly game, so it's nice to see that even when things didnt go well he was still very productive. If Cam's performance was due to rust or because of a health problem that could get better as the season goes on, Samuel will feast. If not, it might be a very frustrating year. Samuel is clearly very talented.