Sign in to follow this  
BrianM

Nick Foles 2019 Outlook

2 hours ago, CooL said:

So one beautiful pass is worthy of 25-29 point weekly projections?  He's projected to be the #4 QB for rest of season, behind only Mahomes, Lamar, and Brees.  That is puzzling. If you're streaming, then sure, it makes sense to grab him.  But I'd have a hard time dumping serviceable backups like Winston, Cousins, etc. to roster somebody that we have no idea what he'll be.

Who gives an eff about projections?  When is the last time the projections won anything?  Now, even though I'm pretty high on BDN, I'll admit that #4 might be a tad optimistic.  But can he be a solid QB1 ROS?  Absolutely.  That schedule from Week 13 on is freaking delicious.  I'd be happy to roster (and start) him over a Cousins type.

Edited by kraftwrk_5

Remember his first stint with Philly he balled out. In 24 games he started from (12-13) with Philly he put up 46TD:17INT.

Then he landed wit the Rams and torpedo his career, just look at what happened to Todd Gurley after Fisher was gone

Foles is capable

• Thanks 2

Ceiling 7 Passing TD’s🤞

5 hours ago, FrancoJavierM said:

Are we stashing him for FF playoffs? or at least to play keep away from others. I'm tempted to pick him up. 

I picked him up. The schedule is juicy. At the very least I potentially keep him away from someone else. Now is the time to stash. I wouldn't wait on the next waiver period if you can help it 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Homerj24 said:

I picked him up. The schedule is juicy. At the very least I potentially keep him away from someone else. Now is the time to stash. I wouldn't wait on the next waiver period if you can help it 

Is this a copy pasta? I swear I knew every word that was coming next. I think I've seen this exact post made word for word 3 or 4 times now in various threads.

Not saying it isnt fitting, either. I totally agree that adding Foles, even if it's just so a potential opponent doesnt have him, is a good idea. I did the same.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cbsholy said:

Is this a copy pasta? I swear I knew every word that was coming next. I think I've seen this exact post made word for word 3 or 4 times now in various threads.

Not saying it isnt fitting, either. I totally agree that adding Foles, even if it's just so a potential opponent doesnt have him, is a good idea. I did the same.

Mmmmm, copy pasta sounds good.

Starting with confidence.

It's a tough draw this week v Colts...but he should prove to be a pretty solid start ROS.

viva la BDNF!

14 minutes ago, HeHateMe23 said:

Would he be a decent play @ IND?  Need a QB for this week.

Yeah its a middle of the road matchup. I don't expect alot of points from either side especially if Hoyer is playing.

Safe to assume he is fully healed? Meaning there is no chance he goes out there and "aggravates" the injury and comes out of the game.

(I realize there is always a chance of another injury)

11 minutes ago, beerfish said:

Safe to assume he is fully healed? Meaning there is no chance he goes out there and "aggravates" the injury and comes out of the game.

(I realize there is always a chance of another injury)

With that type of injury you either come back healthy or not. Injuring it again is always a possibility, but it isn't a nagging type of injury that can be re-aggravated.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Alright guys with Brissett probably back this weekend, this game has the makings of a slugfest!! Fire him up!!!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, vercrazy said:

Me and the Nick Foles gang, seeing if he's worth stashing for his juicy Week 15/16 matchups. 

3haf6eE.gif

Much like Anakin Skywalker, BDN is the chosen one who will restore balance to our fantasy teams!  🤣

Edited by kraftwrk_5

17 minutes ago, CooL said:

Well, apparently somebody at Yahoo might be on these boards, because now I've noticed that Foles' projections went way down to the 14-16 ppg range and the #24 QB for ROS.  Yeah, it's just projections so who cares, but it does go more inline with reasonable expectations given that we have no idea how he'll play. I do believe he can leapfrog guys like Tannehill, Cousins, Rivers, Darnold, Carr, and Kyle Allen.  Wentz has been dumpster fire pretty much all year except for his opening 3 TD game (had another 3 TD game but only 160 yards passing), but I'm not sure I trust Foles that much without even seeing him.  I'd grab and hold and if you don't like what you see after a week or two, then let Foles go.

I almost never look at the Yahoo projections.  They're seriously behind the curve in most cases, and I vastly exceed them almost every week.  Just go with your gut on who you expect to do well and you'll be fine. 

5 minutes ago, kraftwrk_5 said:

I almost never look at the Yahoo projections.  They're seriously behind the curve in most cases

"Behind the curve" would be putting it nicely.

I tend to think of it more as "wistfully nostalgic" during draft time and "mind numbingly arbitrary" in season.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

3rd easiest schedule for QBs ROS, lets do this! 

How about we say we do .. but we really don’t 

11 hours ago, Dexter75 said:

3rd easiest schedule for QBs ROS, lets do this! 

I love him for the Tampa, Oakland, ATL games for the stretch run.

If you can work another option for him for the next couple weeks against IND and TEN while he works the kinks out I think that's best case scenario.

• Like 2