Sign in to follow this  
BrianM

Nick Foles 2019 Outlook

3 minutes ago, GenerallyPoorAdvice said:

Haha that’s not how confidence works 😂

Seems like more of a survey than a statement on OP's part.

Colts without Desir and Titans are not impenetrable.  I think you just have to be aware that the Jags are capable of running the ball and playing defense, so if Foles is rusty they'll make it a conservative game plan.

• Like 2

On 11/14/2019 at 2:20 PM, dannyz6969 said:

dumped goff for this dude. starting with confidence next two weeks? colts and titans are stingy supposedly?

Colts have the 10th ranked pass defense, Titans the 21st and then it gets even better. temper expectations against the Colts, especially first game back. I wouldn’t worry from then on out. 

Edited by Dexter75
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Seems like more of a survey than a statement on OP's part.

Colts without Desir and Titans are not impenetrable.  I think you just have to be aware that the Jags are capable of running the ball and playing defense, so if Foles is rusty they'll make it a conservative game plan.

I’m Ron Burgundy? ;) 

7 hours ago, MyFistYourFace said:

Mediocre showing today. Hopefully he starts to warm up, otherwise he is just a serviceable backup on my bench. 

Huh? Don’t know about your scoring settings, but he’s the QB10 so far in my league pending the MNF game. Pretty solid performance IMO, in his first game back, with a fairly difficult matchup on the road.

Edited by kraftwrk_5
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, kraftwrk_5 said:

Huh? Don’t know about your scoring settings, but he’s the QB10 so far in my league pending the MNF game. Pretty solid performance IMO, in his first game back, with a fairly difficult matchup on the road.

His actual game was way worse than his fantasy game. Better hope the Jags don't get blown out next week or they may bench him.

6 hours ago, 904kc said:

His actual game was way worse than his fantasy game. Better hope the Jags don't get blown out next week or they may bench him.

Bench him for what? The rookie who was playing even worse?

29 minutes ago, devaster said:

Bench him for what? The rookie who was playing even worse?

That was probably an overreaction, but putting up an offensive dud wasn't the best start when your team is still in the division race. 

8 hours ago, 904kc said:

in what world is 33/47 (70%) for 296 yards 2 TDs and 1INT considered a bad game? Especially when it’s the first game back after 10 weeks out with an injury against a top 10 defense? They play the Titans Sunday, the 22nd ranked pass defense and then it gets even easier after that. Zero chance he gets benched and big games upcoming. 

• Like 2

On 11/18/2019 at 1:10 PM, Dexter75 said:

in what world is 33/47 (70%) for 296 yards 2 TDs and 1INT considered a bad game? Especially when it’s the first game back after 10 weeks out with an injury against a top 10 defense? They play the Titans Sunday, the 22nd ranked pass defense and then it gets even easier after that. Zero chance he gets benched and big games upcoming. 

This. I thought he played pretty well for missing 9 games.

• Thanks 1

On 11/18/2019 at 11:31 AM, 904kc said:

That was probably an overreaction, but putting up an offensive dud wasn't the best start when your team is still in the division race. 

Who cares about real life performance?

In fantasy football he was fine.

250 yds, 2 TDs. 1sy game back on the road. He is being paid 88 million, he isn't getting benched unless he mess s up way worse than anything he did last Sunday. Jags should bench their whole defense before they bench Foles.

They didn't even run LF to set up playaction. That's on Marrone and DeFilipo and they have already admitted as much.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Garbage time stats count the same as competitive stats in our game.

The luster fell off Minshew Mania a few weeks back.  I don't think them dropping a game vs a far superior Colts team in Foles's first game back in nine weeks is cause for alarm.

Tennessee's pass defense had issues early in the season and now they've completely fallen off the rails, and with Tannehill they can score some points.

All signs point to him being a pretty decent option this week, and potentially in for a monster game the following week against the Bucs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, HeHateMe23 said:

Whose starting him vs Tenn??

Going Brissett over him, for reference.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, smeeze said:

source.gif

Haha pretty much. Hoping BDN comes through for me. Good Luck and may we both avoid the Vent & Rant thread.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Who cares about real life performance?

In fantasy football he was fine.

250 yds, 2 TDs. 1sy game back on the road. He is being paid 88 million, he isn't getting benched unless he mess s up way worse than anything he did last Sunday. Jags should bench their whole defense before they bench Foles.

They didn't even run LF to set up playaction. That's on Marrone and DeFilipo and they have already admitted as much.

Never said his fantasy football stats weren't fine but your'e probably right

Edited by 904kc

15 minutes ago, rvtura23 said:

this guy looks shaky. anyone confident enough this week? I know bucs are bad

i hate to be that guy... but- 

prelim forecast is for some mild tropical storm chit for Sunday's game - windy (20-30 mph sustained), with showers on and off. 

yeahyeahyeahyeahyeah ... i know it's only Tooozday, but forewarned is forearmed - that wind, if applicable, is gon' be a right bisch 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

i hate to be that guy... but- 

prelim forecast is for some mild tropical storm chit for Sunday's game - windy (20-30 mph sustained), with showers on and off. 

yeahyeahyeahyeahyeah ... i know it's only Tooozday, but forewarned is forearmed - that wind, if applicable, is gon' be a right bisch 🤷‍♂️

Dang Florida, why you gotta be so crazy?

• Haha 1