Sign in to follow this  
cjw3

Cole, Severino or Syndergaard? WHIR

8-team 5 Keeper 6x6 QS league. I'm keeping 5 bats and don't ever plan on keeping a pitcher so this would be a 1 year rental. I have the 3rd pick in our draft and plan on taking a pitcher. The best pitchers available are Gerrit Cole, Luis Severino or Noah Syndergaard. In what order would you take these pitchers and why?

Edited by cjw3

Cole, Synd, Severino

• Thanks 1

Syndergaard has been injured too much. I‘d go with Cole or Severino. Either one is good.

• Thanks 2

Cole, Syndergaard, then Severino. Cole is the obvious choice for me then it’s a little cloudy when it comes to the next two. I have Thor over Severino for a couple reasons. Thor has been the better pitcher when healthy and his bullpen isn’t even close to that of the Yanks, which is likely the best in the game. 

You can debate Cole vs Syndergaard.  The latter being hurt too much and on a really crappy team and the former has less of a high end track record. 

Severino is the  poster boy for Jekyl and Hyde.  No in between with the guy and endless debate about his tipping pitches, tiring out, etc.  Honestly, in a redraft I would want no part of him as the risk vs. reward is too high imo. 

Cole is the safest play.  Highest floor.  Love the division.  Playing for new contract in 2020.

I personally think Syndergaard is primed for a CY caliber year.  Take a gamble and potentially get burned by injury, but could be the NL CY.

Obviously Severino is a distant third now with the injury news.