CrypTviLL

Brandon Lowe 2019 Outlook

On 6/13/2019 at 7:48 PM, BCMarch10 said:

I didn't realize it until now, but Brandon Lowe has basically the same stats as Gleyber Torres.

The big advantage that Lowe has is that you can actually play him against teams that arent named Baltimore.

• Like 1

On 6/13/2019 at 7:48 PM, BCMarch10 said:

I didn't realize it until now, but Brandon Lowe has basically the same stats as Gleyber Torres.

And except for steals better or equal  numbers to Lindor. And qualifies at 2b-1b and OF in leagues that use 5 games

Edited by motown magic
Spell

18 minutes ago, motown magic said:

And except for steals better or equal  numbers to Lindor. And qualifies at 2b-1b and OF in leagues that use 5 games

Lindor missed the first 3 weeks of the season.

He's outpaced Lindor in RBIs since his return on 4/20, but drags behind in R, HR, SB. Granted, not his fault he gets benched vs southpaws, but that is part why his rate stats look so good. So its a catch 22.

(I realize he's hit 3 HRs and .296 BA vs lefties in SSS, but i doubt he'd keep up that BA if he was fully exposed to all lefties)

Wendell was a solid player last season.  His return creates a playing time issue for Lowe.  Lowe hit LHPs well in the minors.  Choi would normally sit vs a LHP but he hit a bomb yesterday.  

1 hour ago, B&F said:

Wendell was a solid player last season.  His return creates a playing time issue for Lowe.  Lowe hit LHPs well in the minors.  Choi would normally sit vs a LHP but he hit a bomb yesterday.  

I hate managers who overthink stuff all the time.  Wendel can't hold a candle to Lowe.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

I hate managers who overthink stuff all the time.  Wendel can't hold a candle to Lowe.

I’ve always said analytics is a great thing. But sometimes too much is just too much. 

• Like 1

Maybe after today he’s a no brainer for the manager, but you never know nowadays 

Edited by BayofPuigs

On 6/15/2019 at 10:32 AM, Sonny_D said:

I’ve always said analytics is a great thing. But sometimes too much is just too much. 

Lowe hitting .296 with an .820 ops vs lefties.  50% K rate but has had many great at bats and XBH lately vs them.  I don’t know maybe seeing a young busting out player through to regular everyday at bats is a smarter thing than giving Wendle 2 straight starts vs LHP?  

Joey wendle does all the things managers love.  He’s got grit and moxie.  He’s paid his dues.  Brings vegetable platters to the clubhouse with the small broccoli you can dip into the ranch.  Nobody likes the huge florets.  

He is batting .133.  Just needs a little time to work through his slump.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Well Lowe got his dinger today so his reward will probably be to get benched again. 

I hate managers tinkering all the time like they are the ones winning and losing games.  Let the good players freaking play.

• Like 2

Sitting for third time this week.  Today vs. a RHP.

Time to move on?

15 minutes ago, B&F said:

Time to move on?

The guy has been a stud.  No idea why they are doing this, what so they can play Joey Wendle?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, B&F said:

Time to move on?

I reluctantly cut ties yesterday, he is solid but the playing time caps the counting stats. [...] It's kind of roster dependent for Lowe at this point. 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

17 hours ago, BigPapi44 said:

The guy has been a stud.  No idea why they are doing this, what so they can play Joey Wendle?

Lowe leads the Rays in both HRs and RBIs and this is how he's rewarded.   Their offense has been in the ****ter all week too.  Let the man play!

• Like 1

He's is set to be activated tomorrow, hopefully the rest will pay dividends for 2nd H...he deserves to be playing everyday. I've been gone, but had no idea he was named an All-Star, pretty cool--even if Joe Bvck could not be bothered to pronounce his name correctly.

14 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

He's is set to be activated tomorrow, hopefully the rest will pay dividends for 2nd H...he deserves to be playing everyday. I've been gone, but had no idea he was named an All-Star, pretty cool--even if Joe Bvck could not be bothered to pronounce his name correctly.

He is first eligible to come off the IL on Saturday

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, STLSU said:

He is first eligible to come off the IL on Saturday

Mea culpa, you are correct...must have been too excited/hopeful to get all 4 games on a short period!

• Haha 1

Not likely to be activated this weekend @BAL.  Unfortunate.

Might be next weekend:

Brandon Lowe (shin) might not return to the Rays' active roster until next weekend.

This right shin contusion has lingered longer than anyone could have expected. Lowe was originally aiming to return this weekend against the Orioles, but that obviously didn't happen, and he remains in treatment mode here on Sunday. The 25-year-old All-Star has been sidelined since July 2.

Jul 14, 2019, 12:25 PM ET

45 minutes ago, Noles said:

Any news on him?

Probably out till Wednesday.  

Despite the fact Lowe (lower leg) continues to make progress, he could remain out through next Wednesday, Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times reports.

Lowe experienced significant bruising from the ball he fouled off his leg back on July 2 that led to his placement on the injured list. While that's naturally subsided a significant amount, the severity of it was such that it appears increasingly unlikely he returns at any point this weekend. The possibility Lowe's absence extends all the way through the middle of next week came directly from manager Kevin Cash, leaving Lowe's fantasy managers hanging in the balance for the time being.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/baseball/news/rays-brandon-lowe-could-be-out-through-next-wednesday/

Does this guy play baseball any more?

13 minutes ago, B&F said:

Does this guy play baseball any more?

No, bone bruise too bad.  At this point have to think maybe he had a fracture of some sort.  Not making much sense here.