CrypTviLL

Ketel Marte 2019 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2019 season will be locked on 2019-11-28. Please finish any 2019 discussions here, and take any 2020 outlook discussions to the 2020 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

Message added by tonycpsu

He's hit 19 HRs with 7 SBs since June 1st of last year in under 500 PAs. The FB% is up and GB% is down early going. 20+/10 season is more than in the cards here. 

The question is where the BA is going right now. 

7 BBs and 3Ks in his last 10 games as he hits HR #7

Guess i'm the only one who still owns him? 🙃

1 minute ago, Slatykamora said:

No sir. Been in my starting lineup this whole time. Still think we're seeing big things from him this year (compared to previous seasons)

4 minutes ago, Slatykamora said:

Tons of people own him.  People usually only post in threads to complain about a player playing poorly.  Not if he is doing well as in hit another homer today.

On 4/5/2019 at 9:00 PM, brockpapersizer said:

I don't care if it's April 5th I'm doing my victory lap 

I joined this website specifically to join in this conversation. 

I read the Brockpaper hype and I picked him up in a dynasty league on April 7th.  He cooled off right after that, but I stayed with him. 

After watching him over these last weeks, this guy looks like a star and I had written him off after Seattle.  Homers from both sides of the plate 3 times?  Its probably been done before, but I've never heard of it.  And he plays 2B, SS, and CF in my league, crucial eligibility.

Brockpaper can take another victory lap as far as I'm concerned. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sabo-metrics said:

I joined this website specifically to join in this conversation. 

I read the Brockpaper hype and I picked him up in a dynasty league on April 7th.  He cooled off right after that, but I stayed with him. 

After watching him over these last weeks, this guy looks like a star and I had written him off after Seattle.  Homers from both sides of the plate 3 times?  Its probably been done before, but I've never heard of it.  And he plays 2B, SS, and CF in my league, crucial eligibility.

Brockpaper can take another victory lap as far as I'm concerned. 

Thank you. Welcome to Rotoworld Forums!

Another Marte parte today! Looks like hes breaking out folks, 2B multi-eligability is very valuable indeed.

• Like 2

Can he play in San Fran every game? Said the first person ever.

Yet another dong. Do wish he would run some more but can't argue with production.

He deserves more hype, especially as a 2B/SS eligable guy.

Two homers.  Up to 19 so far from a guy that most people didn't have on their radars at the beginning of the season in redrafts.  Already taken in dynasties and deep keepers of course where he showed a bit of a preview of what he could do last year.

He's going prime Dozier on us folks (minus the walks). 40/10 season a possiiblity.

is this guy going to have to pee in a bottle soon?

• Haha 1

This guy gets no love hes currently the top ranked 2b, 2nd ranked ss, and 6th ranked OF. Does he have to hit 40 homers to get any hype?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sjs1890 said:

This guy gets no love hes currently the top ranked 2b, 2nd ranked ss, and 6th ranked OF. Does he have to hit 40 homers to get any hype?

If a player is doing well few people post about it.  People post most in threads of players not doing well to either discuss and/or do reasonable analysis of what is going wrong with the player or some just to complain and call a player a loser and silly stuff like that the latter of which fills up a thread quickly. 

So having 5 pages here for a guy in a major breakout season is pretty good actually.

50/20/50 with .900 OPS in 71 games. Officially broken out. Thanks everyone in this thread who convinced me to reach. I was mocked🤣.

• Like 1

[...]

Ketel on some serious Pull FB% this year though & pitchers haven’t adjusted at all yet. His power is for real though.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed reference to deleted post.

This kid looks pretty darn good now.

Just wish we'd see a few more swipes for the amount he's getting on. He looks like a peak B Dozier now just with higher AVG and less walks.